Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ 2009 Chat - Jan, Feb and March

Kat, I"m so sorry for all you're going through and me and my Reiki students are sending energy to your daughter and the rest of you.

Sorry I didn't get you call but, Pat left me a message and the emails to get me up to speed. (Thanks Pat!)

Keeping your daughter and all of you in our prayers for the best.

Manda had surgery this morning. They did not find anything they thought they might, like an abcess or anything. They removed a lymph node, and tissue samples for pathology and cultures.

There is a VERY high liklihood that she will lose her outer ear, which is sad, and very upsetting. BUT the ear lobe is now being affected, and while that indicates a higher possibility that the ear will be lost it is not at all indicative of the RP. I would much rather have her for years and years to come, ear or not.

Anyway, I'll check in later from home.

Hugs~~

Kat

Hi Girlies,

Just popping in to say hello and all is well. Kat darling, your all in my prayers.... Lifting you and your family up to Jesus.

Nice to see the ol thread still going. Anyone hear from Beanie? Cindy? miss them.

Have a great weekend chickies (((Hugs)))

Eileen

Sherry, your thread says Jan., Feb., Mar. Where is everybody? are you guy meeting elsewhere? lol :mad2:

Kat, even though I'm not real good at posting regularly, I have you and your family held up in prayer daily.

Hi girls,

Wanted to stop in and update the DD thing. She is home now! Insurance decided she could do what she is doing at home as well as in the hospital. And really with her medical background (nursing) she probably can--well is!

She has her PIC line in,and it will remain in for 3.5 more weeks, then they will change it---and she will be on the home IV meds as well as oral meds for minimally 6 weeks.

At the end of the 6 weeks, they will decide how much of the dead tissue will need to be excised. And do the surgery then.

She is hoping to go on back to work, and just do her meds on her lunch as needed, and work the others around her work schedule.

Kinsey is so happy to have her Mommy home!!!

Thank you all so much for the support and love while I dealt with this, it has been an emotional roller coaster ride to say the least.

The infectuous disease Dr. in Albq. thinks the Dx in our local hospital was wrong, he thinks it is something called.....pseudomonas aeruginosa perichondritis......as opposed to relapsing polychondritis.

They sound similar, because the one she has mimics the other. It however is not fatal! Thank you GOD!!!!

It is limited to the one area of caritlage affected. Which happens to be her ear. She will likely lose at least part of it, but after what we thought she was facing, that seems very minor. Like she said, that is nothing, boys are coming home every day from Iraq missing much more than an ear, she can do that. She is being strong, and is very happy to be home.

Again------thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! What a wonderful group you all are!!

Kat

Oh Kat! Thank you so much for the update! I just smiled when I thought about Kinsey having her mommy back!!! I was so happy to hear she is home and especially about the new diagnosis. Yes, thank God that it's not fatal....and I thank God for having heard my prayers!!!!

That's great news Kat..I'm glad she's home and her positive attitude will make all the difference for sure. Like Betty said...sounds like you need to take some time for you now and rest up.

I have a house FULL of dogs right now. It's not too bad but, at times DRIVES ME INSANE. My step-daughter is here for a while...trying to find work. Not sure how long she's staying. It's been about 5 years since we've seen her so DH is very happy. I'm excited to see her but, honestly....I wasn't too excited about yet another dog. My DH bought me a Longhaired Dachshund for Valentines day. Such a beautiful puppy.....still antsy about 3 dogs and then another one came. At times I think I'm about to lose my mind especially since her dog is about a year old and is a pitbull/boxer mix. Yea...scarey yet he truly does mind her and is ok with our dogs EXCEPT when he has one of our dogs bones and they try to get it back. Not a a good scene and DH is trying to break him of that. My puppy does very well with our goldens especially the male Jake...Jenny the female...well they get the name biotch for a reason ha-ha. She doesn't really pay attention to him but she did that to Jake too when we got him and she loves him now so that will be fine. So my friends....I was told by my nutrionist and doctor i need to reduce my stess. YA THINK that's happening anytime soon? Stress eating is a big problem of mine...so the nutrionist tried to come up with ways to beat it...yea...ok that was BEFORE I had a house guest, a pitbull/boxer and new puppy UGH. I think I need a HUGE jaccuzi filled with calgon with wine, music, candles, beautiful blind pool boy and one hell of a buzz to get there hahaha. One day at a time they say!...hmmm I think I like my idea..might have to try that lol

At our NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse, we help people to find any type of community support group. While our website is www.selfhelpgroups.org, we cannot yet place all the info on lapband surgery support groups online. But if you phone us toll-free at 1-800-367-6274,more easily remembered as 1-800-FOR-M.A.S.H. (Mutual Aid Self-Help) we'll give you information on any local NJ groups, we know of, that are near you. We have contacts for over 6,750 different self-help groups in NJ for a wide variety of health and other problems.

Because I've heard from a couple of people interested in starting local bariatric surgery mutual support groups in New Jersey (e.g., in the Union County area), I was wondering if anyone here knows of any how-to guide with suggestions for starting a bariatric surgery mutual support group? If you do know of any, please be so kind as let me know. Thanks for any feedback or leads.

- Ed at emadara@saintclares.org

"My years as a medical practitioner, as well as my own first-hand experience, have taught me how important self-help groups are in assisting their members in dealing with problems, stress, hardship and pain... the benefits of mutual aid are experienced by millions of people who turn to others with a similar problem to attempt to deal with their isolation, powerlessness, alienation, and the awful feeling that nobody understands.."

- former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, MD

Kat: Great news about your daughter! I'm so happy that things now have a better outlook!

Diane: I'm lurking a little. Not too much to add. I go for a checkup this week with my band. Not looking for much success to show. Actually, I've been stuck more time these past few days than I ever have. Awful feeling!

I am spending more time on Facebook because I can update with family and friends more quickly. I don't say anything about the lapband though...I save that for private messaging on there. PM me with your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Betty: Yes, I guess the monkeys should be let loose.

Everyone else.... hello!