Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ 2009 Chat - Jan, Feb and March

Hey Diane, It's good to see you too. I start another grad class this Thursday, so I'm trying to be better about posting before I get wildly busy again.

I'll see you on the exercise thread!

Hey gals!

Well, hubby won, we're still in Ft Lauderdale, it's supposed to be 82 here today, but it looks like we're in for some rain tomorrow. I looked at the forecast for our area on Sunday and decided I'd give in and stay for a few more days, WTH you only live once, LOL.

I had the most awesome hunk of fish last night, Grouper, I had the rest of it for Breakfast this AM. As one of my incentives to move the scales, I had vowed NOT to eat anymore ranch dressing or white sauces, oops, had to have tartar sauce or it would never have gone down. I figured I needed the Protein.

Speaking of Protein, GNC has a special on their liquid 42gr protein, buy one get one half off, along with the gold card is a great deal. I've missed my protein this past 10 days, and I can tell I've gotten out of the habit again. It's a little pricey, but it's easy to use and I don't even have to mix it with fruit anymore, I just take little sips until it's gone.

Later gals

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

My name is Theresa I have been a member on this site for a lil over a year now. I started the whole journey on 12/28/2007. I live in Riverside NJ in Burlington county. I am going thru South Jersey Bariatrics Group in Willingboro, Dr. Samuel Wasser is my wonderful surgeon. It took a year fighting with my insurance company, medicaid and Horizon NJ Health being denied once in March of 08. i resubmitted the paperwork on Dec 17 2008 and I am happy to say the next day not even 24 hrs later they finally approved me!!!!!!!!! They set my surgery date for January 13th next Tuesday! I am soooooo excited to start this New Year off the right way!

At times I still feel it is all a dream and cannot wait to see the person that has been stuck inside this fat suit all this time! :tt1: Right now I am on this preop diet and about to pull my hair out! I thought wow milkshakes all day wow i can do that! Well I am tired of it all ready they taste awful and the sweet flavor all day is driving me crazy. But i keep thinking in the end this will be worth all this! I go for all my preops tomorrow morning at 9am! I cant wait for the 13th, I feel like a little kid on Christmas.

This website has been a big help thru my whole journey you guys are wonderful! So has anyone one here went thru Dr. Wasser? Or is about to have there surgery with them? I look forward to meeting chatting with all of you, Happy 2009!!!!!!!!!!:wub:

Hello Ladies,

.....its Patty from California, and its been a lonnnngggg time.

I have missed you all Sooo much and I want to come play with you all again.

I celebrated my 1 year anniversary with the band in May of 2008. My weight loss has completely stopped -- and for good reason. I promise to go into greated detail but I am on my way to 24hr fitness for my training session and was just getting used to navigation this site again -- totally changed.

I need to catch up with Betty, Eileen, Dianne, Darcy (and if I didn't name you it's cause I'm having a senior moment @ age 49).

Gotta run,

love Patty

They set my surgery date for January 13th next Tuesday!

Hi There Theresa! Wow, your surgery date is so close! I'm jumpin'-up-and-down excited for you! Well,....being that I'm not near my goal, I'm not "literally" jumping up and down...that would result in me having to adjust all the pictures on the wall again! LOL! Seriously though, I'm very happy for you! I don't live in NJ though. A friend invited me, saying that the people here were the greatest! (I've stayed because I found that to be true.) I'm actually from Williamsburg, VA. Welcome here!!! You'll find the folks here are a very helpful and friendly group. :thumbup:

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

My name is Theresa I have been a member on this site for a lil over a year now. I started the whole journey on 12/28/2007. I live in Riverside NJ in Burlington county. I am going thru South Jersey Bariatrics Group in Willingboro, Dr. Samuel Wasser is my wonderful surgeon. It took a year fighting with my insurance company, medicaid and Horizon NJ Health being denied once in March of 08. i resubmitted the paperwork on Dec 17 2008 and I am happy to say the next day not even 24 hrs later they finally approved me!!!!!!!!! They set my surgery date for January 13th next Tuesday! I am soooooo excited to start this New Year off the right way!

At times I still feel it is all a dream and cannot wait to see the person that has been stuck inside this fat suit all this time! :thumbup: Right now I am on this preop diet and about to pull my hair out! I thought wow milkshakes all day wow i can do that! Well I am tired of it all ready they taste awful and the sweet flavor all day is driving me crazy. But i keep thinking in the end this will be worth all this! I go for all my preops tomorrow morning at 9am! I cant wait for the 13th, I feel like a little kid on Christmas.

This website has been a big help thru my whole journey you guys are wonderful! So has anyone one here went thru Dr. Wasser? Or is about to have there surgery with them? I look forward to meeting chatting with all of you, Happy 2009!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Hi Theresa, and welcome! Best wishes with your surgery. Before you know it you'll be post-op and tasting success! The road is not always easy, but you are on your way. I live in south jersey...used to live in Burlington County so I know exactly where you are. I had surgery through the Hospital of the Univ of Penn in Philly.

Hello Ladies,

.....its Patty from California, and its been a lonnnngggg time.

I have missed you all Sooo much and I want to come play with you all again.

I celebrated my 1 year anniversary with the band in May of 2008.

Hi Patty! I joined this great group of gals earlier this year. Welcome back! Hope to hear more from you!

BTW, in your signature I see that you are a mom of twins and younger siblings. I am a single mom of twin boys (14). I always like to see fellow survivors of the teenage years LOL!:thumbup:

Hey gals!

Well, hubby won, we're still in Ft Lauderdale, it's supposed to be 82 here today, but it looks like we're in for some rain tomorrow. I looked at the forecast for our area on Sunday and decided I'd give in and stay for a few more days, WTH you only live once, LOL.

I had the most awesome hunk of fish last night, Grouper, I had the rest of it for Breakfast this AM. As one of my incentives to move the scales, I had vowed NOT to eat anymore ranch dressing or white sauces, oops, had to have tartar sauce or it would never have gone down. I figured I needed the Protein.

Speaking of Protein, GNC has a special on their liquid 42gr protein, buy one get one half off, along with the gold card is a great deal. I've missed my protein this past 10 days, and I can tell I've gotten out of the habit again. It's a little pricey, but it's easy to use and I don't even have to mix it with fruit anymore, I just take little sips until it's gone.

Later gals

BUMMER having to stay in 82 degree weather Pat. NOT!!!

Enjoy the escape from winter!

Are you referring to the large test tubes of protein that GNC sells? I have bought them and still have a supply of grape. They do pack a wallup of protein. Taste like liquid, thick Jello though. yum.:thumbup:

Trish, yes these are 42 grms, and they do taste thick, LOL.

Yes, the weather is awesome, without a doubt, just got back from walking about 1/2 mile to a little pizza shop, the walk backed helped with the full tummy...(large) side salad and chili that I ate with a fork! We wore sweatshirts, but had to take them off because it was so balmy. Going home on Thursday, but I was ready Sunday, until I heard it was raining.

I was a slug today, so lazy, didn't leave the hotel until 2:00, tomorrow I'm going to be out and about early!

You girls have to remember I'm old, your day will come :thumbup:.

Hey all!

Good to see you again Patty, how are the boys??

I posted a long and somewhat whiny post about my lifes latest issues(!) on the exercise thread.

Short version-----

DD was to be induced today, she was 8 days overdue, Son in law here on referred to as asshole, was to call when they settled her in. They hooked her up, discovered the baby was in distress, and took her for an Emergency C section. He never called, when we finally get through he refused to give any info, saying they would do it later as a couple. Being a total scuse me but dickhead. Now he is running the show, he is not allowing anyone in until evening but HIS family because this is their first and only grandchild and they deserve the special time for all they have done. My grandson was born at 8:30 this morning and I have not got to speak to our DD, and only have rumors as to his name even........

Wish me luck and send me letters in prison, if that little ass gets in my way, because we are on our way to the hosp.!!!

BBL to tell you all about it!

Kat

good luck Kat

Pat did you get out today?

I'm pooped....headache too...but had a good post op visit and I'm officially off liquids. he told me I could switch to whatever I want (probably because it was revision) but, to start slow with tuna, fish, softer stuff then try full Proteins. I can't get a fill for 2 months though he wants to make sure everything is healed up really well inside.

We start the biggest loser contest at work Monday so this weekend is my first to have things I"ve been craving and my last lol. That's a GOOD thing! It will keep me out of trouble!!!

You'll do great, Sherry!

I finally gave in and made an appointment for my 3rd fill. I haven't had one since mid-September and I don't think I've ever hit that "sweet spot" that everyone mentions. I was hoping to do this by myself and hold out the major band tightening for "maintainence", but that's not happening. I had success the first 6 weeks after surgery and it has been at a standstill ever since. There is definitely no restriction if I can eat a 6 in subway sub and regularly eat most of a restaurant meal. Steak...no problem! So, this has got to change. This surgery was a big commitment and I need to see the success! So, fill coming up in 2 weeks and I'm going to start participating more in follow-up group meetings and regular office visits. There, I said it!:thumbs_up:

Not in jail! DH did talk about it with his DD right in front of her husband. He told her almost didn't come, and why--she was very upset, so he didn't push it and confront the husband, but let it be known, that we are not going to let him run our relationship with our DD.

Anyway---the baby is a sweetie!!! He is a big boy! 8 lbs 12 oz. and 21.5" long! He thrived despite the fact that she had a problem pregnancy and had a torn placenta that bled for over 6 months!

His name is Corvin Brock....different, but I will adjust!! LOL

Thanks again for letting me rant!!!

Kat

Congratulatons, Kat on your new grandson. Newborns are so sweet and good smelling. And they are caught in those helpless little bodies and can't get anywhere! I love that stage!

Hey Diane, Pat,Trish, Sherry, Betty, Theresa! It sounds like everyone is doing well.

I'll see some of you on the exercise link! :cool:

Donna

I'm not getting email notifications again. I just hate that. I hope everyone is doing well. We had about 4 inches of snow yesterday and it's still snowing. Hopefully it won't add up to much because we already had icey snow on the ground under it. I'm kinda liking not being able to go shovel hahaha. I have another 5 weeks to milk that one lol. Made my Taco Soup yesterday and invited our friends over for dinner then we all played on the Wii Fit. We were playing on that thing from 7 until 9:45pm and we had no clue that was the time! It was fun and every funnier to watch folks do the hola hoop and other exercises lol. The time really does tick away quickly when you're occupied and this Wii Fit does that. I swear its the first exercise I don't mind....that is once I'm down there.

Monday starts the Biggest Loser contest at work so I'll be down there for sure every day doing at least 30 minutes and back to my Lindora program. I had to put that on hold because it's a low carb diet and when you're on liquids it's pretty hard to keep it low carb when all you can have "food" wise is carb loaded stuff like applesauce and cream of wheat. But I ordered some products to help me along this and I'll be doing the low carb thing Monday too :thumbup:

Time to poke around. I hope you're all doing well. Congrats on the new Grandbaby Kat and for not going to jail! Pat are ya home yet? Trish good luck with your fill! Betty what's up this weekend? Eileen - We're going to send the Monkeys! I miss ya!, Donna...all the Donnas lol Helloooooooo and get out those happy feet and move it move it move it. We can do it hee hee I'm missing folks I know I am...didn't do the advanced again so I can't see lol HELLOOO to you too :thumbup: