Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is everyone on Lapbandtalk.com

Lap-Band patients? Are some of the users Realize Band patients too. I have the Realize band and was cruising through that's why I stopped by to see if anyone else was a Realize band patient.

I am a REALIZE band patient, too. Had my surgery on 9/15/08 in Providence, RI with Dr. Harry Sax. I've had 2 fills so far, and going for #3 on 1/9. Down 48 lbs now, including the 17 lbs I lost pre-op.

How are things going for you?

I have the Realize band too! I am going for my 2nd fill on Jan 6. I have lost 17 lbs since being banded on 10/02/08 in Reno.

I also have the Realize band. Had my surgery on Dec. 10 in Charleston WV have lost 28 lbs so far. Will have my second fill on Jan 20th. Have a Happy New Year!

You will find that there is a mix of LapBand and Realize Band clients on this forum.

I also have the Realize band. I was banded on 12/16/08 and lost 15 lbs so far. I go for my first fill on 1/7.

I have the Realize band too, and I agree that there is a mix. I have lost almost 100% of excess weight with this band . . . and I just like this forum so I post mostly here.

Mine is the Realize band also. I was banded Dec. 19. I had my first follow up appt. today. My dr. said he was very pleased with my progress (23.2 pounds down).

Lap band vs Realize Band. I am about to be banded this month with the Realize Band but last night spent most of the evening reading how people don't feel restriction until the band is about full 9.0cc. Can you tell me if you are feeling much restriction. I am afraid the restriction may not be enough for me as I am kinda low BMI but I also have little control over my eating so to watch what I eat is not the answer. If I could do that I wouldn't need the band. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I have the Realize band too, and I agree that there is a mix. I have lost almost 100% of excess weight with this band . . . and I just like this forum so I post mostly here.

Wow Heather!! You are doing a FABULOUS job! And you're pregnant! Way to go!

Congratulations!