Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOLID protein foods..

I am not doing well with this at all, I need ideas. I can't ever get that "full" feeling what so ever...I know I am not eating solid pretien because to tell you the truth I don't know what foods are good solid foods that will get me to the full feeling dang nab it. So can any of you share some of your ideas of solid Protein please?!?!? Thanks!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

some ideas are solid protien such as chicken, steak, turkey, pork, etc. try to think of anything you would have to chew more frequently insted of per se. egg salad. i hope that helps

I make chicken and turkey chili, which has Protein. cheese, eggs, nonfat milk products are how I get my protein in.

I eat a lot of Beans. They are great sources of Protein and Fiber. I eat Beans daily since I was banded on May 29th. Some other ideas you might consider: I also add lowfat cheese on top of grilled chicken breast for some additional Protein and add salsa to spice it up. Skim milk in your latte also adds protein. When I was going through several months of nutritional visits prior to insurance approval, one of the things that helped me the most was the consistent emphasis that after banding, each meal must consist of 2/3's protein and only 1/3 of healthy non-protein choices--basically, 1/2 cup of protein and 1/4 cup of veggie.

Hope this helps!

i get most of my Protein from milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, turkey, chicken or ham and cheese. there are tons of things that have low calories and high protein. i wasn't always a huge fan of cottage cheese or milk but when i think of how low in calories they are and how much protein i'm getting, they have both become my favorite things to eat! =)

I eat pretty much all of the above that others have mentioned. Just wanted to throw in a suggestion for when you are on the run and need a quick meal. I carry Pure Protein Bars (Walmart) and beef Jerky in my purse. 20gr of Protein in the bars and 25g with the beef jerky. The jerky keeps me full for up to 4-5 hours. Protein bars for about 3 hours but really does give you what you need on the run.

Thank you everyone, I guess I should admit I am just plain HUNGRY never get full and have lost restriction. I am playing with the thought of maybe a leak or something, I mean though last appointment I had fluro done and there was restriction (going down slow) but since have lost it they didn't fill me last month becasue I had lost 9.8lbs I am afraid I have gained that back over the holidays not due to the holidays but due to being hungry not being bad if that makes sense. GOSH I need to get this fixed!!! I mean I only have 6 months left of fills and then I have to pay for them dang nab it!!!!!

please keep us updated on how things progress. I hope whatever is going on, that its fixed soon. Maybe you only need another fill I dont know but I know you can do this. and everything will be ok ( i hate when people tell me that ) lol

I am 5 weeks post op and about to have my first fill Jan 6th. I am back in the gym weightlifting and feel like I need more Protein. I have tried to eat chicken, pork, turkey and eat slow and chew chew chew but keep getting stuck. I have eaten some refried Beans and of some chili but a diet of mashed potatoes and grits is too much carbs. Any suggestions other than a "meat smoothie? " I am drinking Protein Drinks when I have them.

milk-2 cups of skim milk and a packet of sugar free carnation is 21 grams of protein...cheap and easy