Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full but keep eating till sick

I believe the medical profession really doesn't get it. I am addicted to sugar and when I mentioned that to my doctor after getting a fill on Friday- he said oh you can only get addicted to chocolate.

Ha! I can eat sugar (and chocolate!) all day, every day and I love it. It satisfys something really deep in me. And the act of eating is a primal need for me.

He filled my band alot so I am really tight now. I always have a decreased need for sugar right after a fill and I am trying to use that to continue my weight loss.

I am doing the Medifast diet now and hope to lose a bunch of weight before the sugar addiction kicks back in on me.

I have more control over food since the band but if I get on a sugar binge, the band only keeps me from gaining more weight. Which is a huge help to me so the band was worth it to me. I'll gain 3-5 lbs instead of 25! And I can lose it again pretty quickly.

If they would only get a pill to stop this sugar craving. My doctor by the way, is positively skinny and has never had a weight problem. I can tell by the way he answers questions. He doesn't understand despite being a baratric dr. Only another addict gets it!

Sadie

you are right Sadie -- if you haven't been there you don't get it. My thing isn't sweets but salty/crunchy. My dr. has never been overweight either... I had a fill on Friday and I can already tell that this one isn't gonna do it. But my dr. seems upset when I weigh exactly the same as I did before -- and I am thinking HALLELUYA I didn't GAIN!!!

you are right Sadie -- if you haven't been there you don't get it. My thing isn't sweets but salty/crunchy. My dr. has never been overweight either... I had a fill on Friday and I can already tell that this one isn't gonna do it. But my dr. seems upset when I weigh exactly the same as I did before -- and I am thinking HALLELUYA I didn't GAIN!!!

Oh yea - not gaining is a victory, isn't it? Most people would not understand that would they?

My fill is tight and I think this is where I'm supposed to be. I can't eat more than about 4 bites of food before i am full and I'm full for hours!

My primary care doctor is really tall and thin and admits to me that she never exercises and never did. She also has no cravings. So how is she supposed to understand me?

I'll have to put my faith in Medifast I guess. And a wicked tight fill.

Sadie

SAdie -- What is Medifast? I haven't heard of that. I keep seeing these "fullbars" on TV and think maybe i should try that. But I thought the band would help me TO feel full without still seeking out other interventions. Still frustrated.

SAdie -- What is Medifast? I haven't heard of that. I keep seeing these "fullbars" on TV and think maybe i should try that. But I thought the band would help me TO feel full without still seeking out other interventions. Still frustrated.

Medifast is a liquid Protein drink, bars, Soup, and Snacks that all high in Protein and low in carbs. Years ago I used it to lose a bunch of weight but the bonus is that it really helped my fibromyalgia and arthritis pain- it just went away while I was on Medifast.

Medifast is online and is a complete food so you can live on it. It has been around for years and is similar to Optifast.

I really like it becasue there are Snacks, Soup and I lose my cravings for sugar when I do it. I do not follow the strict plan which is 4 Protein drinks and one regular meal (meat and salad) per day. I drink as many Protein Drinks as I want and have a couple of bars which adds up to about 1000 cals a day. I eat a low carb dinner usually.

The main thing for me is that I feel wonderful when I am doing it. My pain is gone and I feel younger! A real bonus plus I lose weight pretty quick.

I have been stuck scalewise and after getting a tight fill decided to make the best of it and use up all the Medifast I have from before my band.

If you follow the strict Medifast diet, it is brutal but just drink the protein when you need to and order some snacks and bars and you'll do fine. The bars are the best Protein Bars I've found- tastes almost like a chocolate bar!:thumbup:

Google medifast and you'll see there are a bunch of sites.

I knwo I can maintain my weight loss with my band but getting there has been tough for me- I'm a slowww loser and a sugar addict- enough said.

Good luck on your journey.

Sadie

I used Slimfast Optima for a while when I was really tight in the morning so I could get something in. When I told my fill nurse what I was doing, she said that it is the wrong approach to banding to lose weight by drinking Protein shakes or shakes in general to lose weight.

I asked her why . . . she said that you lose the benefit of the band by taking in liquid calories. You won't get the feeling of fullness or satiety that is really what helps you to lose weight with the band. With appropriate restriction, Proteins first and healthy foods keep you full and satisfied.

I still use them if I am too tight, I need to take something in and I am always really tight in the morning and loose at night so it works for me. I am never hungry until well after lunch time with normal restriction.

You can lose weight on Medifast . . . but that feel quite a bit like dieting again. All you need is some restriction and to choose healthy foods . . . then diets can be a thing of the past.

I have noticed that I am tight in the morning -- I grabbed a Christmas cookie this morning and got STUCK -- on a tiny bite. BUT by afternoon I can eat ANYTHING & I don't feel full. Go figure... I cannot wait until the holiday temptations are past -- I have 3 kids so it is very hard NOT to have those things around.

I got my 3rd fill two weeks ago. First two did not do a thing. On this fill I am full after a small amount of eating but like the food and want to continue after I feel full. Thank I start to PB and or throw up. How have you been treating the psychological party of over eating???

:w00t:OH PLEASE don't do this to yourself. Remember we can have anything we want but just alittle at a time. Love Yourself enough not to do that PLEASE!!!!!

I used Slimfast Optima for a while when I was really tight in the morning so I could get something in. When I told my fill nurse what I was doing, she said that it is the wrong approach to banding to lose weight by drinking Protein shakes or shakes in general to lose weight.

I asked her why . . . she said that you lose the benefit of the band by taking in liquid calories. You won't get the feeling of fullness or satiety that is really what helps you to lose weight with the band. With appropriate restriction, Proteins first and healthy foods keep you full and satisfied.

I still use them if I am too tight, I need to take something in and I am always really tight in the morning and loose at night so it works for me. I am never hungry until well after lunch time with normal restriction.

You can lose weight on Medifast . . . but that feel quite a bit like dieting again. All you need is some restriction and to choose healthy foods . . . then diets can be a thing of the past.

I love Medifast actually- it's major Protein and keeps me full all morning. And don't believe there is any wrong way to lose weight.

I have done all the "right" things and now, at 59, I'm gonna do what works for me.

I HAVE to diet to lose even with the band even though I exercise daily -- 3 miles walk/jog.

Just my humble opinion.

Sadie

I love Medifast actually- it's major Protein and keeps me full all morning. And don't believe there is any wrong way to lose weight.

I have done all the "right" things and now, at 59, I'm gonna do what works for me.

I HAVE to diet to lose even with the band even though I exercise daily -- 3 miles walk/jog.

Just my humble opinion.

Sadie

If it makes you feel full and works, then that is what counts. :tongue2:

That is why I went back to shakes in the morning for Breakfast when i have tight restriction . . . because I am full until well after lunch time and have had some nutrition as well. A person can never argue with what you know is working.

I think it is only a problem when you go back to dieting and dealing with perpetual hunger again that might set you up for difficulties. If I tried a shake of any kind for dinner . . . I am sure I would be hungry in less than an hour after.