Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone taken it? If so, you know how it doesnt make you hungry? Is that kinda what its like having the LB or bypass? I just got put on it for my Healthy Ways class, for 12 weeks, and I am not jittery, i do get dry mouth and sweaty palms but other thenthat i dont have a need to eat. im eating to sustain basically..

If that is what the Lap band does for us, I am super excited.

I hope someone can help with this one.:w00t::ohmy::thumbup:

I have been on Phentermine for over a year now and like you stated , It just did not make me hungry . I used it in conjuction with weight watchers and lost approx 20 lbs and stopped losing for 6 months . I was also going 3 times a week to kickboxing class. I hit that plateau and could not lose anymore with the phentermine and that is why my DR suggested lap band. I also was diagnosed with PCOS and it can be due to that , the reason I have not lost anymore . Good luck and it does work for some

Phentermine! I love that stuff! I was on it for a few weeks in my late 20's and lost 40 pounds. Back in that day it was Phen/Fen. I have tried it about a year ago and it makes me depressed and gives me nightmares now. Weird how it does an opposite effect now. I wish you luck and remember to eat. You should have tons of energy now.

I have been on Fen Phen back in the day. And then just on the phentermine. I am now banded.

For me the banding is not the same as taking phentermine. Phentermine made me not hungry, but jittery. I was basically, not eating. With the Band I do not have jitters, nor do I worry about complications to my heart.

I do get hungry with the Band. But it is a hunger that is easily satisfied with small portions of food. I feel healthy with the Band, something I did not feel with phentermine. My blood pressure with the Band is considered normal... My blood pressure with the phentermine not normal.

When I stopped taking the phentermine, I gradually gained the weight back. With the Band, I expect to have long term weight loss, which will not be gained back as long as I follow the Band Rules.

Anyway, that is just my two cents worth of perspective. :-)

Thank you for all the responses, I still am looking at getting the Lap band, I want a lifetime of weight loss. But i have been out of control for so long that my dr put me on Phentermine for 11 weeks. He said no more then that. It hasn't given me the energy everyone talks about, maybe insomnia lol, but just dry mouth and sweaty palms, no high blood pressure yet. I just need it to curve the appetite. I now can actually eat a real serving and be satisfied. I am hoping this will help me into the band easily.

I have been workin my a$$ off since orientation, and it has showed, but slowly i stoped loosing and my munchies were getting worse then ever, plus im doing the healthy ways class.

I hope one day to be able to say I have kept my weight off for 10 yrs:) That is my ultimate goal and we will all get there!

I took Phentermine two different time for 12 weeks while I was going to Healthy Ways. Yes, it made me not be hungry at all and I could easily lose 35 pounds while taking it, but then I would gain it all back and then some. I have been banded since 8/26 and it is nothing like being on Phentermine. I definitely feel hungry in between meals (not as much as at the beginning) and I have more energy - but that is not from any medication- it is from eating healthy and losing weight.

Good luck on your journey.

I am banded and I was planning on going on it in January since I have not yet reached my goal but wanted a little help since my motivation is not what it use to be. I wonder if both the pills and the band together help a little???

Where do yo live? Have you asked your dr if its safe to take with the band?

If you live in Sacto I wouldnt mind working out with you. And we could keep each other motivated.

All i talk about when it comes to food is "how many calories is in that" yeah its annoying but this is the rest of my life, i am sure eventually i will know:)

I live in Lakewood, CA, I have been having problems with motivation the entire year so no matter how long you have had your band you always need allot of motivation because this is a forever life style. I already went throught plastic surgery also.

Yup motivation is key in everything. I finally have my husband on board. He was being a major sabotage, but i told him turkey burgers and egg beaters, and yogurt etc are for a lifetime, so get used to it. He complained for a month or so. Now he is over it:D

I go to the gym 4 times a week. I also have a trainer, that REALLY helps with motivation!! Highly recommend that!

I also just signed up for a college class that is aerobics, so that should help too:D

BTW i am not yet banded. I am trying to change lifestyles now, not later. So when i do get banded it will be closer to a routine.:biggrin:

Phentermine is great for me. My doc said that bandsters who take phentermine lose much better than those who don't. Apparently, the band doesn't stop all hunger and snacking. Phentermine helps with that.