Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January '09 banders

I am getting banded on January 15th, at Norton's Hospital in Louisville, KY with Dr. Farid Kehdy!:biggrin:

Hey...

Well everything has run so smoothly and I got my date... JAN 12th, 2009... I am so excited.:smile:. I am having it in Beloit, Wisconsin. I work at the hospital where I will be having it so I am not worried about it at all.

Good luck to all of you who have been banded and will be banded in 09. Let me know who else has 1-12-09 as a date. It would be great to have someone keep in mind when I am going through this.

hi all january future banders just wanted to let you all know that under the monthly support groups there is a section for january o9 banders it really helped me to talk with others that shared the same date and month that i was band. in which was 12-15-08 in any case good luck

I am having my surgery on January 12th. Sounds like I'll be sharing my date with Betsygirl, LisaRT and sherrie sosa . . .WOW!!!! How many others are out there???

I am having my surgery at Genesis Medical Center in Davenport, IA and my surgeon is Dr. David Aanastad.

I start my pre-op diet on Monday, Dec 29th.

It pretty much limits sugar, fat, caffeine, grains and alcohol.

Guess I won't be drinking for New Year's Eve :cool2:

Oh well, it'll be worth it!!!!

Yesterday I had an afternoon of many appointments which made it all seem very real for me. I'm very anxious and nervous at the same time. I'm nervous about the actual surgery but think I'm also afraid of feeling hungry afterwards. I know that sounds CRAZY, but I know that when I'm really hungry I feel tired and cranky and I feel sorry for anyone near me :eek: :thumbup:

I am being banded on Jan 8th in Dallas, TX. I am super excited and getting a little nervous as well!! I had all my pre-op tests this morning and I am glad to get that over with!!

Good luck to all of us 09' bandsters!!! :thumbup:

I was just scheduled today for my banding surgery for Wednesday January 14 with Dr. Oldham from Bluegrass Bariatric Surgical Associates in Lexington Ky. :thumbup: I don't know what time I'm supposed to be there yet. They will call me with that information.

I'll be getting banded on January 15th too, all the way across the country in California at Clovis Community Hospital by Dr. Swartz. I know this is what I have to do, but I am scared of the surgery (I am such a baby about this stuff!) and how my life will change afterwards.

This is my first post on this site, but I'm looking forward to being able to talk with so many other people going through the same challenges I am. It seems like a great site and lots of good people!

Good luck to all you January bandsters and all of you will do fine. I was banded on 12/15 and I am doing great. The pain is not bad at all just remember to drink alot of Water and walk as soon as you can. It helps get rid of all the gas pains. I was a self pay (insurance said it was not medically necessary, I am going to appeal) and had surgery at 8:00 a.m. (they wanted me stay one night) I was feeling good when I woke up and asked if I could go home. I was home by noon. I rested so much better in my own bed. Good luck and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me.

I am getting banded on 1/15/09 in Buffalo, NY. Let's all keep in touch and share the journey together!