Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Knockouts December Updates

Wow Diane, how completely frustrating. The only thing I can give you is support, so just hang in there. Maybe you can complain to your insurance company and see what happens.

I got 1.5cc's in on Monday, bringing me to 6.5cc's. Still not where I was before the complete unfill, but will be back up at my next visit.

I had an allergic reaction to the drugs from the colonoscopy, broke out in rashes everywhere, and my primary care doctor put me on prednisolone. What he didn't tell me was that this drug causes you to gain weight. I started the drug, and two days later had the fill and gained 6 pounds. In 2 days. I was stunned.

My fill doc said that once I am off the drugs the weight will come off in a few days. They weren't concerned with the gain, but hell, it bummed me out because some of my clothes were tight.

Christmas Eve I didn't eat alot, and couldn't eat anything Christmas Day. Some relatiives there hadn't seen me since last Christmas and were aware of my weight loss, but hadn't seen me. Their reactions were stunning to me. Seems everyone brought old pictures of me to compare and it was wild seeing the old "fat" me.

I go for my annual esophogram on January 16th. Never had a fluoro, so are they the same?

Well, I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Hi Everyone,

So I came back from Spain, did not gain any weight, but did not loose any. He still cannot get Fluid from my band, I have NO restriction, and I had an x-ray and my tubing at the port is still kinked, exactly as it was before he replaced it September. Can anyone tell me if they have seen a picture of their port? The web site shows it as a gradual u curve and mine is like a ^ so there is negitive pressure when he tries to remove the Fluid. I want him to fix it and he said people don't usually have the fluid removed anyway. I told him the whole idea of the band was that if you needed to have fluid removed, you could. He said well maybe we can take out your gall bladder and your insurance will pay for it. I dont have any problems with my gall bladder and think since I PAID THE FIRST 2 x HE SHOULD PAY THIS TIME. I haven't had any use of this band for the past 3 months. I have an appoitment tomorrow to ask outright if he'll pay to fix it. I like the band, and I want it to work as it should. he is afraid to overfill it since he can't get fluid out, but I have no restriction and I want it back. I am frustrated. Any suggestions? Happy Holidays everyone. Diane:mad:

The doctor wants to remove part of your body that isn't even a problem in order to get insurance to pay for an issue reoccurring twice after surgery by the same doctor . . . that is fraud and just wrong on so many different levels it is not even funny.

Because the same issue occurred twice, I think he just needs to fix it. Did he give any reason why you have had 2 kinks in a row . . . when this is not an issue for most bandsters out there???

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY CHRISANN! Our first bandiversary of the Knockouts!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope all of you have a year filled with only good things and continued health and success with your bands!

Thanks!! WooHoo, down 73 pounds in one year. I am happy!! Who gives a damn about the plateau I am in? I lost the 6 pounds of Water and back to square one, but hell I lost 73 pounds in a year. Without the band, that would have never happened.

First photo 12-20-07 Christmas Party, Second photo 12-12-08 Christmas Party. Now I can see the difference!!!!

post-225562-13813137999992_thumb.jpg

post-225562-13813138000281_thumb.jpg

i am down 55 lbs. wanted it to more by now. Had complete unfill in august, tryed to start getting fills again, couldnt swallow my own spit had to unfill again. I am on my way to try filling again. Just very frustrating when it was working it was great. I actually go again today fot a fill . I am going every 2 weeks until I get there very slowly. I cant wait for restriction again. I have 20 lbs to reach my goal.

ok.. It's almost that anniversary time!! I'm down 107# and somedays I still can't believe it. I got through christmas with family, lots of food, I did all of the cooking, which was fun as hell! It was great to be able to cook for someone that could eat!! WAHOOO!! I did good, enjoyed all the foods, took my time eating, didn't over do it, and didn't gain !! I think that is great, as I was really worried.. Got the reflux under control... Now to get back on track with exercising.. This band is great.... Happy New Year Everyone !!!

Heather, Benson and KC, fabulous job ladies, as long as we are losing, or plateaued and not gaining, its great for us. :thumbs_up: :thumbup:

Benson, almost at goal, I would be a wreck!

Chrisann;

Congrats on your weightloss! You look wonderful!

It seems that our numbers are pretty close, though I did gain the dreadful five holiday pounds due to a slight unfill, (along with my excessive sweet tooth and total lack of exercise) which I have gotten part of back and have lost three of those since Monday. Been kind of depressed about not reaching my first goal, but have decided to shake it off and move forward. It's a NEW YEAR!!!

Also congrats to all of the KNOCKOUTS. Everyone has done a wonderful job and here's to the 2nd year.... Cheers!

Yesterday was my bandiversary, and I have lost 90 pounds or so. One of my passions in life is flying, and I had gotten so heavy that finding a plane that I could fit into was getting difficult. I quite flying for almost 5 years because of my weight. Yesterday as a reward to myself I booked a plane and an instructor and went flying. What a wonderful time I had, not having to worry about would I fit, or is the plane over weight.

In a small airplane there is usually only 600-700 pounds of useful load. Fuel takes about 250 pounds leaving only 350-450 pounds for passengers. Well when one of those passengers weighs 340, then the other better be dam skinny.

B-Man,

How wonderful, I know you were so excited to be able to do that again. Dosent it make the last year sooooo worth it. I had my bandiversary on the 3rd of Jan, I wish I had some type of exciting reward like yours.

Everyone is doing so good, is it not amazing the difference a year makes? It makes me want to tear up, so many NSV.

Best of luck to everyone.

Lois

Amy, thanks!!! I am going to Montana in June. Flying into Billings and then driving to Roundup. So maybe we can meet up if you are anywhere near there!