Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Biggest Wiener!!

Catchy title--

I had my first fill on Friday. Didn't hurt but I've come to the conclusion I am the biggest wiener ever!! They first informed me that I would be standing for the fill--I think I knew this, but I had blocked that piece of info out.

I have to lay down to get blood drawn--One way ticket to the floor if I try to sit up to have blood drawn.

They numbed up the area where the port is--(while I'm standing mind you)--Here comes the big head sweat and the sound of voices speaking to me from inside a tin can. I say WOAH--I better lay down. Great news, when you lay down, the port moves (makes sense)--they have to renumb the area--Excellent.

The doc has to do some serious rooting around to find the port. No pain, just a huge ick factor. He finally hits the port with a hearty "There she is"

Fluid went in--then I had to sit up and drink water--I gave the doc the crazy eyeball--You want me to sit up with that needle in my side??? What are you, nuts? I managed to sit up and slug some fluid down--Which promptly gurgled back in my mouth--Cripes--I am light-headed again-have to lay back down. Back off on the fluid a little--take another hit of Water. I managed to sit up that time and not nearly pass out. We decided to quit while we were ahead.

I ended up with 4cc's in the band and a very amused Doctor. He said to check back in two weeks--He may add a bit more then.

I do think I have a little restriction--may just be an angry esophagus/stoma--We'll see!

I AM A HUGE WEENIE

I stuck to liquids Saturday--(those liquids did include one large blended margarita)--What can I say, the weather was nice. I had some scrambled eggs and softer stuff on Sunday--Ate pretty regularly this morning

Breakfast: 1 veggie sausage patty and one packet of cream of wheat

Snack: banana & 8oz latte

Lunch--4 low fat triscuits with egg salad and Tomato Soup

I really can tell though when I don't chew well enough. I also know that I gulp water--I'll need to stop that.

I don't think I've got a huge amount of restriction, but we'll see how it goes.

You are so funny! Well done! I had to sit up, with the needle in! when I went back for an unfill. Now THAT was weird, ew!

Yeah, how's that fill so far?

Very, very funny! May have been traumatic for you but I sure enjoyed your post!

LOL- Way to be brave Sally;0) I mean kinda brave:0) Really I mean a little bit brave-LOLOLOLO LOLLOL Very cute story- I sure bet your Doc got a chuckle or two- glad you OK & filled very well.

This was your first fill and your doc put in 4cc's? That sounds like a lot. I am scheduled for my first fill on Aug. 9th. I am scared to death! The last time I went in I was so scared I was going to get a fill that by BP was 210/108! whoaaa way too high! Anyway I didn't get one then because I had a good weight loss, but I know I need one and I will make it through, but I am still scared it is going to hurt! :)

I'm a wienie too! LOL

hey Donna, Sally has the 11cc Vangard band--The Big Band. So 4 ccs in the big band doesn't even come close to 1/2 way. Hope that clears that up.

Even with the big band 4cc is alot. I had a first fill of 2cc and a second one with 1 cc and have decent restriction. Getting too big of a fill at once can result in stoma inflamation. Perhaps this doctor knew from the surgery her band was really loose?

T

I'm not sure what size my band is. I am going to find out when I go in. I know it is not the low profile one though. Next Tuesday is my fill day. Wish me luck.

Hi Gang--

I am going in to see my Doc this afternoon for (perhaps) an additional fill.

I've lost a few pounds in the last two weeks since my fill, but I generally am feeling little or no restriction from the initial 4cc's .

I'll fill you all in!

Sally, how is it going since the fill?

I got a fill on August 1st but I have no restiction. I have an appointment for the 24th and I am wondering if that is too soon since my last fill.

Anyone know if this is an ok timeline?

Hey Lins12, you if you have no restriction, you have no restriction. I would say that there is no "too soon" if you need a tweek.