Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you making Christmas cookies?

My kids are begging to make cookies!! Each family member

wants a specific cookie or candy made. I know if I make these I will taste every one of them. Do I tell them--not this year? I love baking! Do I make them and try really hard not to eat all of them? I am going to the dr. today and I think I want to skip my fill---just so I can eat Cookies? This is totally wrong!! I'm at good restriction but still think a slight fill would help avoid all the holiday SH*T.

If you are making cookies...what are you making? I think I will be up to making healthy ones if you have any recipes.< /p>

Well, I'm not making Cookies, but I'll be making some candies. I ALWAYS make chocolate covered Ruffles potato chips (only half dipped in chocolate). Sounds strange, but it's really good. My family begs for them every year. This year, my BIL asked me to make my homemade toffee....so it looks like I'll be making that too.

I'm low carbing and have been doing really good. I'm not craving sugar anymore and I'd hate to mess that up. It's going to be hard to resist all the candy but I am going to try. No promises though, lol.....

Sorry, I don't know any healthy cookie recipes. I know lots of fattening ones though, lol. Good luck with the Cookies.< /p>

DIE SINFUL COOKIES! DIE!:)

Oooh! chocolate covered potato chips yummy! Salt meets sweet chocolate!:lol:

My mom gave me a bag of ginger snap Cookies from the whole food store...yummy!

I don't think gingerbread Cookies are that bad. But I will not be baking cookies. I've purchased a bucket of cookie dough so that my 12 year old son can make his own. I think at some point you just got to be brave and face your obstacles head on. If you fall by taking a nibble. Oh well! Don't beat yourself up. candies, cakes, and cookies...Oh my! Tis the season!

Choc covered anything tastes awesome esp. potato chips! My mouth is watering! I would normally make some sort of cookie but im moving so there is no way ill have time for the baking and cooking as i normaly would. All the packing and moving boxes is such a work out! I hope i have lost!

I'm participating in my bible study cookie exchange. I'm making fudge. I'll leave the exchange with 6 each of 9 different Cookies or whatever. I figure that my hubby and 3 boys will take care of them. I also figure I'll probably have a couple.

I know that I will not go the rest of my life never eating another cookie again. If I can eat one or two, or even three, that is way better than the whole package I would have eaten pre-band.

Of course, I am getting my first fill on the 18th, so restriction probably won't even be a factor. However, my hubby does a good job of reminding me to follow the rules. I appreciate it. :wink:

Nope, baking has never been something we've done pre christmas - nor when i was growing up. We dont make shortbread, mince pies, Cookies, Christmas cake, nothing. We have plum pudding on christmas day and that's it.

I dont bake at any other time of year either, so I guess that helps. I hate it, I'd far rather make a good curry.

But I agree with the opinion above. If you eat a few Cookies, so what? Just dont overdo it.

I honestly dont find the Christmas lead up to be a fattening time at all. Christmas day is big and then its over. So I dont worry too much.

Dont talk to me about Easter though :wink:

THANK YOUI thought this topic would be off limits here, but yes, I will make Christmas Cookies with my kids. Its always been part of our pre-Christmas routine and I refuse to let my being banded interfere with that. That was the whole point to being banded for me, as opposed to bypass. Every thing in moderation, I'm still learning. But Christmas without a kitchen trashed by red and green sprinkles? What would we leave for Santa to eat? (the reindeer get carrots, not Santa). Anyway, I'm relieved that I'm not the only one planning on making cookies. I just have to learn that one normal sized cookie is right for me, not a half dozen after the kids are asleep.And I still have my illusions that someday I'll be able to make the beautifully decorated cookies like in the magazines.

I started my Christmas baking in October and am still not done. I have stockpiled in one freezer: dark fruit cakes, apricot cakes, sugar Cookies, shortbreads, brazil nut cakes, cheesecakes, icebox Cookies of several kinds, drop cookies, candied nuts, cranberry squares, cranberry lemon cookies, etc etc...

I love to bake, but I don't eat it...don't have a sweet tooth. DH and friends enjoy it all. (in fact gave away 1 fruit cake and one apricot cake this week) I just like the baking part. New recipes every year. Going to do more baking this weekend...

Of course I'm making cookies!!! That's the point of the band. To be normal. I'm not going to let my family suffer because I can't control myself..... LOL I have a plan. I will make the Cookies and I will have a zip loc bag for me with MY name on it. I put two cookies in. That's one serving. No more. I'm going to put a bow on it to make it festive, and that's my gift to myself. I can hang it on the tree or put it in my stocking or eat it right then and there, but that's all I get. I refuse to be left out of family holiday celebrations. That's not living. I will also at least taste each dish on the holiday table. I may have to exercise an extra day or two but so what. That's how I'm managing my new life.

I have huge respect for others that can eat just 1 or 2 a day and that's it. I for one cannot. But for me, I'm a former addict that can't limit myself so I can't even have one. Just the truth for me. I have to acknowledge that fact and deal with it. One taste leads to a binge. Like a former drug addict.

I baked some treats for my co-workers last night.. and I had a couple, but it;s not the end of the world. I will still lose weight (maybe not as much this week) and I will be fine.

I am not going to stress about it!

I'm very lucky that my family is super supportive of me. My husband has always been health conscience, and my kids aren't that much into Cookies and sweets. If didn't remember distinctly that I gave birth to them, I'd swear they weren't mine. Although, I've had this weight issue, we've never made food a focal point of Christmas. My biggest weakness is homemade fudge, so that's definitely off the menu this year. Everyone else likes it, but they wouldn't get obsessed over it, so I'd be the one picking at it all week. My husband and kids' favorite is sugar Cookies, so we'll make a small batch Christmas eve, and that'll be plenty for us. I'll also bake a pumpkin pie. I don't feel like I'm sacrificing at all. I'll have a couple sugar cookies, and a slice of pie, and that'll satisfy my sweet tooth.

As a reward to myself, I bought a very sexy New Year's Eve dress, and just looking at it, and knowing how much my husband will enjoy seeing me in it, is a huge motivator, and much yummier than my typical chocolate fudge overboard.