Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. Jay in Dallas - being treated like a number

I used Dr. Jay at the Dallas Bariatric Center in Dallas, Texas. I showed up late for my appointment and the Doctor walked past me in the hall and said "Hi" and then left. Leaving me with the nurse to do my first fill. He didn't even bother to check my surgery area. It was my 2 weeks checkup and the nurse did a fill???? Thought you had to wait 6 weeks.

Anyone else out there being treated just like a number? Like we need these doctors more than they need our money.:(

I don't know your doctor or situation but can tell you many surgeons have really tight schedules. Depending on how late you arrived it's possible someone was waiting for him elsewhere. If you ALWAYS felt used, maybe he wasn't the right choice for you. If not, probably if you'd been on time (depending on how late you were) you would've gotten the service you expect.

AND if you didn't want a fill, why didn't you speak up? I agree 2 weeks is early but not all surgeons/docs feel that way. If they'd tried to do a fill on me at 2 weeks I'd have said "Uh. what?"

Sorry you're unhappy, no one deserves poor treatment. But if they treated you like this before surgery I'm shocked you didn't switch surgeons.

I don't know your doctor or situation but can tell you many surgeons have really tight schedules. Depending on how late you arrived it's possible someone was waiting for him elsewhere. If you ALWAYS felt used, maybe he wasn't the right choice for you. If not, probably if you'd been on time (depending on how late you were) you would've gotten the service you expect.

AND if you didn't want a fill, why didn't you speak up? I agree 2 weeks is early but not all surgeons/docs feel that way. If they'd tried to do a fill on me at 2 weeks I'd have said "Uh. what?"

Sorry you're unhappy, no one deserves poor treatment. But if they treated you like this before surgery I'm shocked you didn't switch surgeons.

The doctor went to lunch.

Paid cash so I can't switch doctors.

I didn't go there for a fill but just a checkup and when the nurse mentioned it I asked her twice if it was okay, since it was so early, and she kept saying yes. I was more concerned that she was doing it and not the doctor. I felt the entire needled go in....I figure being able to sue for malpractise they wouldn't pull anything stupid.

Just needed to bitch.

Not supposed to do a fill until 6, but I'd kill for one right now. I use Watson out at UT Southwestern and he waits 8 weeks. But I've never felt like a number. The staff, nurses and doctors are fantastic.

i used dr. jay as well, and i can kind of see what you are talking about. i went in for a consultation and 10 days later had the surgery, cash pay as well, i never saw him in recovery, nor have i heard from his office since then.

i have an appointment on the 7, and i actually hope they do give me a fill. i find that, although i had restriction at first, (surgery was on the 23), i am now being able to eat more and more. altogether, i have lost about 20lbs in 3 weeks, but i have noticed that the scale is climbing again.

i know its early to be so panicky, but i know a lot of "people" in dallas, and they know i have had this done. if i don't start really dropping quickly...

i forgot to introduce myself. but yeah, i'm from dallas, and used dr. jay.

Personally, I wouldn't let a nurse touch me. That's what I paid the surgeon for. 2 weeks does seem very soon for a fill. You may want to have a heart to heart on your next visit and tell him what you expect for your money.

You know some people get a fill while they are in surgery,so to me it don't sound that odd getting a fill at two weeks.I think most of us would have liked a fill at two weeks cause by then we were so hungry from just having liquids.So unless you just think you are over filled I wouldn't worry so much.My doctor or his student doctor always does my fills,but his nurse is always there and she seems to have the deciding vote as to how much I get.I wouldn't even be opposed to her giving my fill I trust here that much.My doc has never not seen me but has often been as much as a two and half hour wait.

Used Dr. Jay almost 2 years ago and Never had an issue.

I switched from a doctor who wanted to "stitch" the band to my stomach and wouldn't answer any questions(or couldn't).

So, I did my research and made an appointment to speak with his staff and himself. I had lots of questions as the first doctor probably had no clue how to answer my questions.

Dr. Jay was very patient and kind and listened and answered every single question.... I knew all the way through exactly what to expect.

Dr. Jay seems EXTREMELY busy; so I guess that one could get the impression that you have. My question to you is; did you request that the doctor do the fill( and not the nurse)?

Did you request to speak to the doctor before you received the fill as you seemed to have questions?

As a suggestion for future: Be on Time for your appointment. Actually its better to be a little early to insure that you actually have the opportunity to speak with who ever you wish to speak to.

When you arrive late; you put everyone after you at a disadvantage and make the whole office off schedule( yeah, a doctors office on schedule is a funny thing to say)...

Plus, if you are early most of the time there are other people there who have been banded a lot longer than you. You can pick up some wonderful information from those that have gone before you...

If you need to speak to the doctor to resolve some issues you have; then you need to speak with the doctor. No one will know that you need to speak with someone, unless You let them know.

Most of the time doctors and nurses won't ever know that there is an issue Unless You Speak Up and Speak Out.

If your kind about it; you will most likely have your needs met.

Me? Never had an issue telling anyone Anything... Actually, yes it gets me into trouble sometimes. But, for the most part it serves me well.

I used Dr. Jay at the Dallas Bariatric Center in Dallas, Texas. I showed up late for my appointment and the Doctor walked past me in the hall and said "Hi" and then left. Leaving me with the nurse to do my first fill. He didn't even bother to check my surgery area. It was my 2 weeks checkup and the nurse did a fill???? Thought you had to wait 6 weeks.

Anyone else out there being treated just like a number? Like we need these doctors more than they need our money.:)

I had nothing but trouble out of this doctor's office. They are rude, you walk into the office they don't say hello how are you. Worse place I've been in my life. Waited in the office so long for my second visit, I had to tell my husband to take the kid's to the truck to watch a movie until I was finished. I'm trying to find another doctor. Dr. Jay is way to busy,they have too many people. It's all about money to them. I want to be able to talk to my doctor, and get treated like I'm not a number. I totally agree with you, even when you are on time, you still wait forever.....And don't get me started on how they messed up my original surgery date...This has been a bad ordeal for me dealing with this office.....I would not recommend anybody to go there, ever!