Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

saggy boobs... will they bounce back?

Did you boobs bounce back/de-sag with weight loss?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you boobs bounce back/de-sag with weight loss?

ok, with every pound i've put on over the years, my boobs got saggier and saggier. my question is, did your boobs bounce back by themselves as you lost the weight? i'm not banded yet, but i really don't to be Miss Skinny-but-Droopy down the road.

Sorry, but not they didnt, they are like empty deflated balloons. Breasts probably fare the worse of any part of the body to be honest - the skin is delicate, they're mostly fat and for many women, they've been inflated and deflated a couple of times with pregnancy and lactation.

Mine are utterly ruined, surgery is the only thing that will fix them and I only went from an E to a C

I feel negative saying that, but there's no point telling you anything other than my experience. Yours *might* be different, afterall my stomach has bounced back fine. You've got youth on yoru side and I am 41 and have fed 3 babies for about six years.

In my opinion.....NOT A CHANCE! If yours do, you're very lucky.

Mine hung so low they used to interfere with me tying my shoe laces. I used to get bruises on my knees when I ran, nope it wasn't a pretty site.

Nope they don't Even though I had only about 70 lbs to lose, they just don't bounce back. I went from a 42DD to a 36DD "long" LOL

Will consider a lift once I lose the last 20 lbs if my pocketbook can afford it.

I had a fairly nice shape before banding but they were a little long. I still have a fairly nice shape but they are still just a little long. I am OK with them the way they are because they are decent.

If they were already saggy, I think it is impossible for them to lose the sag. You might lose bulk or a cup size but the length and the sag will most likely not change.

after taking the poll i realized i was the only one who voted yes.

i went from a 36DD to a 32D - i felt they were more droopy then than they are now......but i just got some new bra's and the girls look pretty darn good for pushing 40.

From losing and gaining already before the band they are already saggy so I'm sure they are not going to get any better. I have plans to have them lifted after I get to my goal, that will be my gift to myself after I work so hard to lose my weight.

Ooops, I forgot to vote, I got a lift and a second reduction, still too large, still considering having them redone. I just hate being put to sleep!

(Kitty, thanks for the compliment)

I am so curious as to what will happen to my lady lumps. I began with a 38dddd(g) bra size and all I can say is that after losing close to 25 pounds, my bras fit soooooo much better. Who the heck knows what size they really were before I lost the weight since they seem to fit well into my older bras now, lol.

I hated anesthesia, and would really like to avoid another surgery at all cost, but am also a bit scared to see what happens to them after time and gravity.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I really think it depends on your age, elasticity and skin. I went from a 44DDDD to a 38DD and they are okay now. They are firmer now actually (if that makes any sense) and not as lumpy (less fat). I am about half way there so I'm not sure how much more I'll lose in that area (hoping for the underarms to go away). So I'm voting yes. Now of course if they end up at my belly button by goal I'm getting a lift.

I started with a 42DD. I'm in a 38D right now but it's getting a little big and roomy, so I'm due for another fitting. I'm thinking a 36C. From age 16 to 31 I wore a 34B. I know I'll never wear that again, but I'd be real happy with a 36C. That's what I wore when I was breast feeding, and my husband thought the girls were perfect then.

i posted this poll a while back in the naive hope that what i was hoping for would be true. it kind of sucks to have that hope dashed, but i guess i always knew the truth of it LOL:). oh well, guess i'll just have to save up for that breast lift (an likely Tummy Tuck too)