Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Jees my BMI is 37.9!! That's well into the obese range again! Well, it was 46 when I started the Kaiser program, so that IS a lot of progress I guess.

I think I'll go to the gym. I always feel better after I work out.

It's definitely not a miracle cure. But I don't regret it in the least. I would be even bigger had I not gotten it when I did. My problem is when I am bored or upset, I eat. My head figured out that I can eat a LOT of little stuff. With meals, I still have restriction. I just need to stop with the smaller things that chew down to nothing. I am recommitting to eating better and am optimistic that I can stick with it.

I really struggle with depression anyway, and this has made it worse. I am also working on figuring out the whys of my eating habits. I think that is going to be a very important step.

Wow I was surprised to get emails that this board was still going!! How are you ladies?? I had my band removed on 12/17/14 because it has erroded and I had a hiatal hernia. I got revised to the sleeve. So far so good. I was off track for so long because I had all of my Fluid removed when I got pregnant. I was empty for over two years and when I went to go get some put back in my dr did an upper GI and saw the issues. I was honestly so happy to get the band out!! But yea the brain is the hardest part of this whole thing.

So sorry to hear about the erosion. I know that is seriously painful! I'm glad you are happy with your sleeve, I truly believe it is a wonderful tool. Even though I have experience regain, I do not see it as a failure. I made the bad choices, not my sleeve! :)

Since I am no longer in CA and no longer with Kaiser, I feel a little lost as far as support goes. I found a group on Meetup, but they have cancelled the last two meetings. So, I am going to keep looking. It's crazy how quickly you get spoiled to the ease of use with Kaiser. It's truly a one stop shop!

I actually had no idea it was erroded. I just couldn't eat anything without throwing it up. I just chalked it up to the weight gain with the pregnancy. I love the sleeve so far and am only a month out so im still learning my hunger cues and when I'm full. I start my full regular diet this week so it's anything I can tolerate. I also haven't had kaiser. I actually lost it a month after surgery when moved to Washington and was just going to fill centers. When I moved back to CA I got anthem bluecross and have had 2 amazing drs. I also have a hard time with support now that I'm sleeved because I know only my band sisters. I ask my friend who has rny a lot of questions but I'm finding out how different things are between the two surgeries. It would be nice to talk to people who have gone through what I'm beginning to.

I am 4 years out so I will be happy to help you out! I was successful with it until I had the back surgery and then I let myself slide. But no more! :)

Argh, my post disappeared!

I am 4 years out and was very successful until I had back surgery and let myself slide. I will be happy to help you with any questions! :)

I will take you up on that. I am also part of a Facebook support group for all surgeries but im finding there a lot more rny. It's bariatric bad girls club weight loss support group. It's been helpful as well. If you have facebook you should check into it too.

Thanks! I just sent them a join request. That will be really helpful!

Yeah everyone is at different stages so that's nice to read that others are going through the same thing.

Wow, it's so good to see folks are still here. Nicole good to see you on here. Hi all! I had my band removed 12/26/2013. My band eroded upward. I was sick for the longest. Sleeve was not an option buy RNY was but I haven't taken that step. I'm trying to do it on my own:-). Hope all is well with everybody.

Hi everyone ! I was suprised to start getting the emails again. I'm doing well. I've been up 10 lbs. but I figure that it's not too horrible considering I'm about 5 yard post op and had a baby 3 years ago. Although I can eat more then I should be able to, and I don't eat what I should, and I slack on vaitamins. I don't have kaiser anymore so I'm not sure where to go to get back on track. I'm sure I need yearly tests but no clue what to do. That's me in a nut shell. How is everyone else??????

Hey old friends!

I also regained too much weight. I had the sleeve 3 years ago and never got to goal weight. I did find the sleeve was really working for me while I was pregnant though. Something about the hormones- I finally had decent restriction! My daughter is 2 weeks old and I only gained 3.5 lbs in my pregnancy. I'm just hoping I can keep some momentum and actually get back to losing once I'm fully recovered!

Hi Reggie! Hi Ashley! Hi Heather!!! It is so good to see some activity on here. It has been so dead!

Reggie~I need your telephone number ASAP. I do not have it in my phone. I need to talk to you about band removal and errosion. Please message me your infomation so I can call you.

Me~I have been doing okay. My band is completely empty since (for the last year or so) I actually like it unfilled. I had reached 159lbs and did not like how skinny and sunken I was starting to look. I wanted to gain 5-7lbs back...Well...I have gained 20lbs back. I now need to lose 10 of those. I plan to get my stuff together soon. I have been experiencing a serious burning sensation in my upper stomacha and upper back. It is constant. It's there when I'm hungry or full. I have gone to my internal medicine DR and started a round of Prilosec (sp?). If this doesn't improve, I may need to see Bariatrics. Has anybody experienced this? I did see the Dr. last year who said I could always have it removed. I am not sure what to do..I just know this pain can not continue.

Hey there everyone, good to hear from you all. Sounds like many of us are at the same place more or less. I'm pretty much at a stand still when it comes to weight loss. I'm about 10lbs less than what I was post op but about 15-20lbs away from my goal. I've been fluctuating with 5lbs +\- ever since. Mo it's interesting about the burning you are experiencing I've been on Prilosec everyday for the past few years and it has got worse lately. I think I'm going to go in to get my band checked since I still have the same amount of Fluid in I guess. How do you know if your band is eroded? I'm nervous about going in I don't want them to take it out and I start gaining especially if I still have to get to goal. Anyway hopefully we can keep in touch to motivate each other. And if anyone has any insight to this erosion thing let me know