Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Monica and Reggie!!!

Long time.

I lost 50 pounds with the band and not a pound more. I was down 65 for about a week but ended u in the ER so that didn't go to well. I did feel skinny though. Dehydrated and hungry but skinny for sure!!

The last two years I have remains at 50 down. I go up and down about 5 pounds but stay in the general 50-55 pounds lost. My band won't let me gain which is good. I will PB if I eat to much. I think I am eating some of the wrong stuff. Most of it the right stuff. But I think exercise is what is doing me in. I have to believe it is more that because I don't eat alot.

I lost my health insurance about 8 months ago. I just started a new job and get my insurance back in November. The stress of my old job just about did me in and I was on disability for 6 months. Just got off and now on to an easier job with no overtime.

I am going to get a fill once I get my health issurance back. Hopefully in Elk Grove this time!!

I am down 17 pounds since the last fill but was to scared of the ER to go back for another fill.

Now two years later I am ready to try again. I think I am getting my motivation back again!!

If I end up in ER again than on to the sleeve for me!!! LOL

Tina,

you look great! the good thing is that your band has helped you to not lose. I am also ready to try this again. I didn't know Elk Grove does fills now. Can we request a new doctor here? That would be ideal...

Hello,

I'm glad to see people posting here again. I spend online time over at Obesity Hel but lays wonder how everyone is doing. Mo, the Contra Costa lunches are still happening.

I still love my Sleeve. It's work to maintain but so much easier tan without it. I'm 2.5 years out nd it still works if I stay away from sugar and white products. It's still a diet and I track my food daily on Myfitnesspal. I lost my job of 18 years back in December so I'm using the time to walk/hike 35-40 miles a week in the East Bay. I'm always happy for company.

I had full body plastic surgery in December in Mexico. I'm going back for a few revisions in September.

Kaiser support is still 1st and 3rd Wednesdays. Liz leads the group. The first meeting in September is a Plastic Surgeon speaker. Love to see all of you there!

Lee.

Tina' date='

you look great! the good thing is that your band has helped you to not lose. I am also ready to try this again. I didn't know Elk Grove does fills now. Can we request a new doctor here? That would be ideal...[/quote']

Hey all...I miss the group too!

I switched my doctor to South Sacramento Kaiser last month...I was s excited when I found out that Kaiser FINALLY opened a Bariatric center in Sacramento. The main reason I switched is because in May I finally broke down and drove to SSF to get a fill after 2 years of not too much restriction and putting on over 50 lbs of the 145 I had lost originally. I am almost 5 years out from surgery now. Anyways when I went to SF to get the fill I found out that my original surgeon Dr. Alami left Kaiser to practice medicine in another country....I was shocked! Needless to say there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that I was going to see one of the other doctors in SF for my follow up care.

I had Paul give me a small fill (this was in May) and then he informed me that Sacramento Kaiser had a Bariatric center now that does fills. I waited a couple of months and in July I called SSF and asked for them to transfer my case to Sac, they agreed to do it and 2 days later I received the call from Sac Kaiser to schedule an appt to meet my new doctor. On August 10th I met the new doctor and I am soooo glad I did, he is awesome! He was so proud of my progress since my last fill ( I've lost 30 lbs since May)

I did ask him about the possibility of a revision surgery, since i was thinking of getting the sleeve instead; and he did say that Kaiser will not do revision surgeries.

I'm hopeful that I can try and stay on track and continue to lose weight but I would love to stat attending support groups again! The doctor also said that they are looking to try and get a Kaiser run Lap Band only support group going again.

Ok I'm tired and all typed out for now....I work grave shift so I need to go to sleep for a little bit. Talk tomu all later and it's nice to see you all on here again, miss you all!!!

Hello All Bandsters! So i decided to come and see how things were it appears nobody logs on here anymore. Miss you all and hope all is well .

Reggie

I may be a Sleever but I still receive email updates on this group because I started here wanting a band, then switched to Sleeve.

I'm really happy at over 3 years post op but I am on a strict food plan and exercise 5-7 times a week. The initial period with all of these surgeries helps get weight off but then it's hard work. I'd rather do the work in size 6-8 jeans than 22/24.

How issue you all doing? Reggie, has it gotten any easier or you since your post last fall? Anyone switch to Sleeve?

Take care everyone!

Hey Reggie! Long time no chat....hope you are doing well! I'm actually having surgery to remove my LapBand on Wednesday the 26th because its slipped. So I haven't been on here in quite while...unfortunately it looks like no one else has either.

Hi Ladies,

I've been doing ok. I have unfortunately balloned up to 320lbs again. My band has not been kind to me neither have i to it. I have a difficult time eating chicken and most Protein so gues what i turn to sliders. I tried the gluten free thing and no carb eating and find myself not really losing. Everyday is a struggle i get this annoying shoulder pains when i eat so i am not sure what triggers it.Have any of you experienced it? My goal is to get back to eating healthy and finding ways to get all my Protein in without pbing.

How did your band slip? how did you know it had slipped? I wish you the best with the surgery.

Lee glad things are going well. I really miss our chats and get togethers :-).

Reggie

I have some horrible news. I was ju just told that my catheter that should be attached to my port is disconnected they just told me now after a CT scan that was taken in June I'm having a hard time getting into surgery I changed doctors and I am so scared has anyone experienced or know of anyone that went through this

Hello Everyone! I see there has been minimal activity. Where the heck is everyone? Hello Reggie. Long time no hear. Sorry to hear you are blossoming. Yes, we need to get you back on track! Hello Maria. OMG! I am so sorry to hear you are having your band removed. Give us details. What was going on? How are you now? Me??? I've been doing ok. Weight wise...I'm great. I am at goal. I am now 165lbs and do not wish to lose any more weight. I need to eat more actually. I am seriously concerned about my weightloss. I loss the last 20lbs with minimal effort. I was super stressed at work and was having a ton of issues getting food stuck. I began to eat less and probably more appropriate amounts. I can not eat early in the morning. I have the horrible habit of Starbucks Carmel Macchiato's for Breakfast. I tend to eat late afternoon and into the evening. I need to break this cycle. Many would say, why am I complaining???? Well, this too is a serious concern. I am losing weight....can't seem to stabilize and can't eat solids and Proteins without getting stuck. In fear...I am resorting to sliders. What to do???? We need to support each other....We did not do this for nothing!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamra!! Helloooooo! R U still on here? Jeez my old ticker was so good, how depressing!! I have gained so much weight, had my Fluid removed when I was up 50 :-( and have gained 20 more since then!! I am SO close to the weight I was on the morning of my surgery, it's SO depressing! WHAT DO IT DO!?!?! I have been in Weight Watchers and tracking and exercising since April 2013 when I had the Fluid removed, and I have GAINED in that time - not as fast, but still gaining. I have really bad stomach cramping when I overeat, but don't feel any restriction - what is up with that??

Tamra!! Helloooooo! R U still on here? Jeez my old ticker was so good, how depressing!! I have gained so much weight, had my Fluid removed when I was up 50 :-( and have gained 20 more since then!! I am SO close to the weight I was on the morning of my surgery, it's SO depressing! WHAT DO IT DO!?!?! I have been in Weight Watchers and tracking and exercising since April 2013 when I had the Fluid removed, and I have GAINED in that time - not as fast, but still gaining. I have really bad stomach cramping when I overeat, but don't feel any restriction - what is up with that??

I am the same way. I had the sleeve and actually hit my goal, but had to have spinal surgery and it slowly started to creep back up. We moved from CA to NC and it has just continued. I am having a hard time remotivating and staying with it.

I was 6 lbs from goal. I guess I needed brain surgery along with a band! And you gained back with a sleeve, so I guess that's not a miracle cure. BIG SIGH. How can we get re-motivated?!? I read the posts that I used to make when I was losing, and I was totally motivated! This is so depressing!!