Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi,

My name is Desiree and I am starting my banding prosses at kaiser richmond does anyone have any words of advice or wisdom cause I am sure scared but ready to change my life ! I am 27 and I have 4 beautiful kids I wanna be here for as long as I can.

Hi -

I assume you have already researched the different surgeries available. Follow the food plan in the binder and you will lose the weight they want you to before surgery. Make sure you ask the surgeon all the questions you have and make your own decision on which surgery is best for you. They all have their pros and cons. That is great you are taking this step while you are still young. Good Luck.

Hi,

My name is Desiree and I am starting my banding prosses at kaiser richmond does anyone have any words of advice or wisdom cause I am sure scared but ready to change my life ! I am 27 and I have 4 beautiful kids I wanna be here for as long as I can.

Hi Everyone

Sorry I've been out of touch - life is crazy. The separation from my hubby has been hard - really hard to love someone but have serious issues with them. Pray for us.

I had my first job interview since I was laid off 11/1. It went OK - I hope I make it to the second round. It was weird - not sure what they were looking for. It was a group interview with 3 guys - one never made any eye contact - so weird. It would be great if I got it since it is in Santa Rosa - most IT jobs are in the city, south or east bay which is a killer commute from Petaluma. Anyway, I got a new interview suit - a size 12 ! (And of course shape wear too! - shape wear and panty hose are cruel inventions but they work!) I haven't had panty hose on in years!

I am also really seriously thinking of going back to school for a Masters in Counseling Psychology. I have wanted to do this for a long time and I'm not getting any younger. It is a big decision / big financial committment, but I know it is right for me. Say some prayers for me in this area too, as I am really struggling trying to figure out how to make this happen financially since son #2 is heading off to college also.

I caught up on all the posts and agree with all that has been said. The band works when we follow the program, but it is hard to follow the program sometimes! I too have trouble with dense Protein and dense veggies - really have to chew and wait, which I don't do well when I am really hungry. For my emotional eating, I tend to go for the carbs - comfort food. When I don't snack I do so much better - 3 meals works. Anyway, I am 1 lb away from shedding 80 lbs! I wouldn't trade my band for anything - even with the discomfort and PBing that happens. 80 lbs I could not have done on my own. And I am so much healthier for it. It was the right decision for me.

My new goal is 100 lbs instead of 116. Since I am about 20 lbs from it I think it is doable. So listen up ladies (and John) - when I get to 100 we are having a party!! (A walk here in Petaluma and a healthy lunch - I am hoping it will be in late summer / September!) Anyway, it is a really positive fun goal to focus on.

OK - Jess suggested 9:30 on Sat 5/14 I assume at the Vallejo Marina. I am in big time! Can't wait to give everyone a big hug!

Love you all

I'm so in for that party! Good luck with your job search.

Is anyone going to the Santa Rosa meeting on the 14th? I've never been, but I'm planning to go on Saturday.

Lee

My new goal is 100 lbs instead of 116. Since I am about 20 lbs from it I think it is doable. So listen up ladies (and John) - when I get to 100 we are having a party!! (A walk here in Petaluma and a healthy lunch - I am hoping it will be in late summer / September!) Anyway, it is a really positive fun goal to focus on.

Hey there everyone, just wanted to remind you all that we are still meeting for our walk and talk this Sat, 5/14 at 9:30 am along the Vallejo Marina.

Here is the address of the meet location, lots of parking.

Brinkman's Marine Inc 1 Curtola Parkway, Vallejo, CA 94590-5807

Hope to see you there 001_tt2.gif

It realy depends alot on how quick you loose the weight before hand that they want you to loose and how dedicated you are. I think I was one of the quicker ones, I went to oreintation and had surger 2 months later. but I really busted my butt. I know some people take years some a few months.

Good luck :) I was 247 at orientation and am 164 now (2yrs later) still have a little to loose but I feel pretty great ;)

Hi kaiser richmond bansters I was just wondering how long the whole.prossess at kaiser from orientation to surgery?

Hi Ladies!! I will be there Saturday Morning!! Can't wait to see you all!!

Hey there everyone, just wanted to remind you all that we are still meeting for our walk and talk this Sat, 5/14 at 9:30 am along the Vallejo Marina.

Here is the address of the meet location, lots of parking.

Brinkman's Marine Inc 1 Curtola Parkway, Vallejo, CA 94590-5807

Hope to see you there 001_tt2.gif

I'll be there - can't wait to see everyone.

I probably won't be there tomorrow - woke up with a sore throat today and feel a cold coming on. Take pictures and post them

I'll be there - can't wait to see everyone.

Hi ladies!

I just heard some good news for the Sacramento area bandsters... I was in the E.R. this morning for my stupid, stupid gallbladder and the Dr and I were talking about WLS. He told me they will have a bariatric surgery center in Sacramento in about a year. He said they're currently recruiting surgeons. Good news, eh?

That is good news - wonder if they will be doing all of the surgeries - at least if I have a problem or emergency with my band once they open it I can get there quicker.

Hi ladies!

I just heard some good news for the Sacramento area bandsters... I was in the E.R. this morning for my stupid, stupid gallbladder and the Dr and I were talking about WLS. He told me they will have a bariatric surgery center in Sacramento in about a year. He said they're currently recruiting surgeons. Good news, eh?

Hey everyone! So sorry I was unable to make it last Saturday.... How was the reunion/Walk???? Post some updates!!! All is well here. Still at a complete stand still but still.....HAPPY!!!!!!