Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

thanks Ali, Yes I am surprised at how fast I moved to.. but I am not complaining !!!!

they first gave me a date of July 13th, but later that day called and said the 22nd opened up... I grabed it..

Sherri, good luck on Tuesday. You really moved through the process fast--you only went to orientation in May? You're doing excellent on your pre-surgery weight loss. Keep up the motivation!

Whoo Hoo!

Good luck with your surgery Tuesday! :devil_smile:

How exciting! Good luck to everyone that's soon to be banded! And keep kicking butt to everyone that's already had surgery. WE CAN DO THIS! We deserve it! :devil_smile:

Sherri...what kind of diet have you been following to lose that much weight? I need help!

I have my surgeon appt tomorrow and can't wait! Did you all know you can set most appointments up that are normally in Richmond in Vacaville too for those that are closer to the Sacramento area? I called last week after they moved my appt and the super nice lady offered to set me up in Vacaville...said they don't tell people unless they ask. Wonder if they do fills and all that there...would be nice :devil_smile:

Hope you all have a great day and can't wait until I am posting about being next for surgery ;)

Morning all,

I have to go back and read everything I am outta the loop, been super busy with school!!

Today is my Dr appt with Baggs at 1030. I have been liquid dieting since Monday and I am down to 222.9....lowest since being banded!! lord please let Kaisers scale match!!! or be lower, that would be nice....

LOL hope all is well!!!!! =)

Yayy for you Tamra! I will keep my fingers crossed! :devil_smile:

Hi Becca

I have just been following the pre-op diet in the binder. I also quit diet pepsi and any type of caffinee.

My appitite is much less since giving up the caffinee..so although I started out eating everyting listed for the pre-op diet.. I now just eat till I am full.

I also do my exercise bike for 25 min 3-4 times a week..

hope that helps..

Sherri...what kind of diet have you been following to lose that much weight? I need help!

Good luck to day Tamra..

and thanks everyone for the well wishes.. :-)

Edited by disp4so

Aloha everyone... ok here's my "quick update" I got SUPER SICK 2 weeks ago.. at one point I was in Emergency because I couldn't breath and I had mean fever that wouldn't let.. they had me on IV.. and Morphine.. and... etc.. I was a big mess.. I had a huge respitroy infection... which lasted about almost 2 weeks.. actually i'm still barely getting over it.. Anyways.. NO SURGERY FOR ME.. its been postponed... so yeah.. that sucks BIG BOOTY!!! Its ok, i've excepted that maybe its not my time yet.. so at this point.. untill my health is better. My surgery has been postponed. On a happier note.. I'm down to 178. I've been doing something similar like px90 but its called adrenaline.. and it rocks! I can totally feel and see the diffrence in my body... so here comes my little dillema.. folks at the gym want me to make a testimony on my weight loss... and possibly be used as one of the people for their web-site.. everyone keeps on asking if i'm still going to go thru with it.. And then the next question.. what if I drop soo much weight.. will they still perform the surgery?? I already made a call to the Bariatric dept asking.. they said they would get back to me...

My decision.. I still want to do it. I've been fat ALL my life and I've lost weight over and over and gained it all back.. This time although my workouts and my eating habits has changed for the better..I still want this guarantee... Well yeah.. so thats where i'm at on this LONG ROAD TO weight loss.. I hope everyone is doing well! :thumbup:

Hello everyoneeeee!!! :thumbup:

Real quick, I was down to 221.9 on Kaisers scale YAY!!!!!

ANDDDDDD Dr. Baggs added 1 cc to my band! hehehe! I now have 6 ccs. He wants me to be down 5 more lbs by my next appt (July 23) and he will give me another fill!!

I am soooo happy!! and of course I walk in chewing gum. As he goes to grab the assistant to do my fill he says btw you know you shouldnt be chewing that? with a huge smile. LOL I said OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE I DID THAT!!!! =)

Side note, he kept "slipping" at my port whatever that means, but I am kinda bruised and I felt him hit it this time!! it was a weirddddd feeling, but I am so happy I dont care!!

Broth here I come!!!

Hey all...

By the way my name is Becca since I have not told anyone!

I am looking forward to all of it moving forward and can't wait to clean my closet out like you all have :scared2:

So I am super new to all this and want to make sure I have it right given that the title of this thread is Kaiser Richmond...everyone has had their surgeries done there? I am in Sacramento so was initially worried about doing this because I am so far away and nervous about if something were to happen. But you have all assured me that I will be just fine and I thank you all for that.

Hi Becca WELCOME!!!! I had my surgery in South San Francisco but most of the ladies in our support group had theirs in Richmond and since most of us were within a 100 mi radius of Richmond Kaiser we all chat on this site together! I live in Sacramento and really enjoy most of these ladies! They are so sweet, caring and thoughtful!

I haven't been on here in a few months but I make sure to go to the support groups each month to reconnect with most of the ladies on here. The lapband ladies like to meet after our support group each month for lunch too which is really fun and extra bonding time!

BTW - Hello everyone!!! I cannot go to the meeting this month :thumbup: I will be in South Carolins, North Carolina and Georgia from Tuesday 6/22 until Monday 6/28. I am so excited to go see my best friend James' graduation from Army Nat'l Guard Reserves Basic Training!!!

I will miss all you ladies terribly but will definitly be back in July!!!! I hope we get together for a walk or something before our July meeting. I am thinking of organizing one for the 2nd weekend in July...who might be up for it if I do?

Oh yeah on a happy side note....I've lost 8 lbs more since last months support group....I can't believe I am at 144lbs LOST!!!! I have 102 to go.....I am aiming to hit that goal before I turn 35 (23 months away)

Hi everyone!

I just came from the Weight Loss Surgery Overview class and immediately e-mailed my doctor to get my referral rolling. I asked him to send my referral to Richmond and hope I can get going soon. After I get the referral, do I call them, or does he contact them and they contact me? I am confused on how that works.

I had the same problem with getting a C-Pap. I thought I was supposed to hear from the Dr, and he was waiting for me to call. So I never got one, even though I qualified. I just don't want to be left in the dark about this!

Thanks for everyone's input and help on making my choice! :thumbup:

Hello Everyone!!!

Chrissy – Congrats and welcome to the other side! Post soon and let us know how you’re doing!

Analynn – Sorry to hear! I hope you feel better. In regards to dropping weight before surgery every situation is different but my second (Band) and third (Sleeve) surgeries I was below the BMI they usually want you to be above to be on the program. Co-morbids can make a difference but in my case I didn’t have any as my sleep Apnea was cured with a surgery a few months before my first Band attempt. I would send a email to your doctor to find out for sure.

Happy Thursday everyone!!!!

Wow, great news on here today! Tamara, so proud of you...you really worked hard for that fill and its nice to see you rededicated to the journey! Congrats!

April, you are doing awesome! It's nice to see you post on here, I have met you at group but don't see you on here that much. You did an awesome job last month sharing your story.

I think Richmond will contact you once they get the referral. If I remember correctly it took a couple weeks...

Keep happy everyone!:thumbup:

Thanks Ali!

When I got home from work, my PCP had already emailed me back saying he had sent my referral over to the Richmond Bariatrics for review. So maybe I will hear from them soon.

TAMRA: You did it!! Wow you lose fast weren't you 233 last week?? LOL. Congrats!! Funny about the gum good thing it was Dr. Baggs;-) I heard Liz really let someone have it when they came to the pre op class with gum!! She didn't smile or laugh she threatened to cancel the surgery!! :-) Ah Tamra how is the restriction? I might as well be dead if I was 6cc's. Hurts to think about it. I am still 5. something cc's and don't want to be any tighter right now. I am getting looser but I really hated 5.5cc's so I am gonna try to hold off on a fill until late next month!! Let me know how it goes.

PAT:

I saw your pictures you can totally tell you have lost weight!! All of the sudden in the last picture there is a big difference.

PAM:

You are looking good too. 17 pounds is great!!! That is alot of weight for six week!! I am at 15 pounds down still. Haven't lost for almost two weeks now. just up and down 2-3 pounds. I think I have to shake things up to get the lost to stick!!

CHRISSY:

Congrats!! HOpe your up and around soon!!

CHRISTINE:

Glad your back!!

APRIL:

How did the 8cc's come off??

Everyone else happy almost Friday!!!