Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Happy Sunday Everyone!!

Been lazy all day today. My daughter is home sick so I am catching up on reading and doing laundry. I need to get out of the house sometime today.

Going in to see Dr. Baggs on Thursday. I am down a solid 8 and hoping the 10 will stick to the scale sometime this week. I keep seeing it go up and down 2 pounds.........than add clothes!! LOL. I might just need to be happy with 8.

Ash hope you get to feeling better. Right after surgery I got a bad cough and of course..............it hurt terrible to cough so I didn't. My lungs hurt though. I guess it could have been the anethesology and all the tubes too. LOL. I was sick the week before surgery so I figure it was just more of the same. But it passes. And yea 1/2 cup right off...........ouch!! I did good to get in my 64 ounces. I barely ate the first week I was too wiped out and slept 13 hours a day. I did popsicles and a little jello.............Good luck!! I loved being able to sleep that much without feeling guilty!! :-)

Ali I still have problems with the Water. 64 ounces is hard when you have restriction because the pouch is small....................LOL. I am trying to do better on that.

Ok back to being lazy here..................

Edited by swrktp

Congratulation Tina on your weight loss, girl you got this :-). Hope every one is doing well.

Ash how are you feeling?

Where is everybody today?

Edited by reggie71

Hey Everyone! ok I have exactly 15 more days till Surgery.. kinda getting nervous but also excited.. ok I have questions... as usual... I already got my chewable Multivitamin, my sublingual B12.. now i'm just missing the Calcium Citrate.. liquid or chewable form.. I CAN'T FIND this anywhere.. well at least not at CVS, or Walgreens, or Walmart.. any suggestions?

I know the first week is pretty much clear liquids.. so I have chicken broth, tea, sugar free pops, crystle light... any other suggestions that might work good for post op?

Oh.. and baby food.. I figured.. I'm always on the GO so this would be easy for me.. so has anybody really ate baby food and if so.. whats good?

oh and last but not least.. protein.. I know about the Greek yogurt, but what else is good?

ok guys thanks in advance for your imput.. I sincerly appreciate it.. I have one more appointment this week at Richmond Kaiser for the 2 classes and then.. I guess thats it?

Hello Everyone! I have been MIA for quite some time. I have maintained my weight throughout my birthday :month and all of the social situations surrounding. I am back and enough is enough. It's time for me to regain focus. I see the good Dr on June 18 and have not lost the 10lbs he wanted to see...I am hoping to lose the 4lbs and hopefully plead my case and get a fill....We'll see.

I hope all are well. TTYL.........................

Hola everyone! just getting back from vacation. I had a great time hanging out at the beach, eating and yes drinking. Best part was that we exercised everyday, swimming, bike rides, lots of walking, even went to the hotel gym. So all in all no weight gain. REady to buckle down now though....I'm a ways away from my next fill goal still. I was thinking maybe I should call and get on the calendar. Maybe that will kick me into gear.

I still need to go back a read the last few pages but congrats Ash! Annalyn yes your getting close.

Miss you guys....

what cute dogs Jes - are they Bichon Frise?

I wanna go on vacation - the closest I'm going to get is camping over the 4th of July. My band seems to always tighten up when I go camping - maybe it is stress.

I need to make a 2 yr follow up appt with Dr. Im for sometime in Sept or Oct - I'll see how I feel, but I may ask for a small .5 unfill so I can maybe eat salad at least. He'll probably think I'm odd in that everyone else is begging for fills, but since I am in this for the long haul I can't be pbing regularly.

Hi Analynn

you can get the calcium citrate chewable and liquid at Amazon.com and http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=TL-1378

hope that helps.. and good luck with your surgury !!

Sherri :confused:

Hi Analynn

you can get the calcium citrate chewable and liquid at Amazon.com and Calcium Citrate Chewable wafers by TwinLab - TL-1378 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

hope that helps.. and good luck with your surgury !!

Sherri :wink2:

thanks Sherri!! this helps ALOT! :biggrin:

I have been lurking for a while and I guess its time for me to posta introduction. I am a 29 year old guy that has been over weight for most of my life. Just like most of you I am a yoyo dieter. I can loose 30-40 pounds pretty quick but I never keep it off for long and I usually gain a few extra from where I started. I enjoy exercise but over the years my weight has done a number to my body. I have a bad knee, ankle, back, and planter on both of my feet.

There is one point in my life about 6 years ago that I actually got into very good shape and got to my lowest weight since junior high. I was doing 20 mile bike rides almost every day during my lunch breaks and 40+ mile rides on the weekends. I had never better in my life. Well life came crashing down on me and I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. I went through 4 rounds of chemo and 2 surgeries including having one kidney removed. It knocked me so far off the wagon that I had no chance ever catching up to it. My body was weak and I felt like crap. Most people lose weight during chemo but it did the opposite to me. I puked my brains out during chemo but when I started to feel better between each round all I wanted to do is eat crap. I am now considered a cancer survivor but I am the heaviest in my life around 380 and a BMI of 49.

I first looked into doing WLS 2-3 years ago and I even went to the orientation class in south San Francisco 2 years. After the orientation I could not decide if I was ready for that drastic of a change with all the restrictions. I decided to do try losing it one more time on my own again. Fast forward 2 years later and I am 20 pounds heavier and I now need surgery for my knee. Its now too painful for me to enjoy exercising unless I can drop some major weight. I thought about it for a while and I am now ready for the major change that comes with WLS. I just went to the pre-orientation at point west and I am now waiting for my referral from my PCP for Richmond.

I still have not 100% made my decision on which surgery I want but I really like the idea of the sleeve. I like the idea of losing the weight faster than lap band and the surgery is not as complex as gastric bypass. I am pretty much against bypass because I hear once you lose all your weight its hard to get enough nutrition to be heavy into working out. I know its my choice and the surgeons but does anyone have any thought on this? Well I hope I did not type too much. I am on a plane right now and I am bored. I also can't wait to lose the weight because I am tired of barley fitting in my seat.

Edited by acaaew
format

Hi Acaaew!

wow.. you did write alot but it was good to read... Congrats!! you're a cancer survivor.. thats way more accomplishment than ANYTHING! that was a success story already! :biggrin: well now you're on to the next level. As long as your PCP agrees that you're a perfect canidate for WLS then I say go for it.. what do you have to lose?? just weight right? .. As far as what type of WLS you're looking into.. I completely understand.. I started this journey almost a year ago.. at first I was opting into the lapband.. but my reasons for not going with that was because I didn't like how I would have to deal with a "fill" and a port..that's just me. and I didn't want to do the RNY because I think for me it was too drastic and also like you said about the nutrients and so fourth. So after all my research i too decided to go with the Sleeve. Don't get me wrong we have many members on here where the Lapband has definately worked- and the bandsters LOVE it. I think go with your gut instinct and what you feel most comfortable with.. I'm sure you'll make the right decision. Keep in mind if you ask your Dr. at Kaiser what they suggest.. just remember they most of the time recommend the RNY only because its been out there for a long time and there has been many studies done and so fourth. Again.. You pick- what you're comfortable with and also what you think will work better.

Good luck on this new Journey and Definately keep us posted on how things are going!! Welcome aboard!! :wink2:

Hello Acaaew!

Welcome to the group! Finally another guy! I travel a lot and feel your pain in the seat department. I now fit perfectly in a seat. You’ll be there soon enough! I had the Sleeve done a few months ago and have no regrets. My thoughts about bypass are the same and many on this board have similar opinions. Both the Band and Sleeve are excellent tools and will do you well.

You’ve been through a lot over the years and I think finally pulling the trigger on WLS is a great idea. I wish I had your exercise drive as my exercise fun meter is permanently fixed to zero. If we can answer any questions feel free to ask. Most of us live around SAC or the east bay and have had surgeries in Richmond. Let us know your name and better yet post it in your signature for those of us that are bad with names. Again welcome!

Now that I’m back in town need to go have my three month labs done, my phone appointment with Doc Who is next week. Lee did you ever get advanced to the final food stage? I never did, well officially. I had steak last week with no problems.

Hope everyone is well!!

Edited by skiingj

Welcome acaaew,

good luck with your journey!

I have a question, I was told by Richmond that they would be calling me either yesterday or today to schedule my case manager appointment.

I did not get a call yet, should I call them ? or wait another day or two? I don't want to irritate them.. anyone else with similar experience?

Thanks

Sherri :biggrin:

Hi everyone, Just a quick update here as my energy level is low. I went in for a PCP apt. yesterday morning for a sore throat and possible thrush on my tung. They had a real hard time getting my blood pressure read and when they finally did it was really low, I think 90/70 (not quite sure) so they sent me to the ER where they did a ton of test, chest ex ray, CT scans, and pumped me full of fluids in-case I was dehydrated. I spent 9 hrs. there and they finally said that I have hospital pneumonia, that I must have gotten it from having surgery, but that did not explain the throat and possible Thrush issues. I am home and resting, feeling a tad bit better, but tons of coughing that hurts my incisions :biggrin: They did test for strep and that cam back negative. I did check on obesityhelp.com and a lot of sleevers complained about "thrush" from the antibiotics in surgery, so maybe thats what or why, although the ER Dr. was positive that it was not likely lol!

Welcome to the board Acaaew!

Sending well wishes your way Analynn :wink2:

Glad you are back John.

Candra, Reggie, Mo, Chrissy, Tam-Tam, Pat, Pam, Tina, and anyone else I missed, hope you are ALL well :biggrin: