Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Morning Everyone! Ok so I talked with one of my co-workers here and this morning I'm sending an email to my boss, and also my H.R. lady that I will be out on these dates. also, I'm not asking.. i'm "Telling" him.. so that's that!

Chrissy Congrats on your Surgery Date! I'm excited for you!! FINALLY on to the next level!!

Jess, I decided to get the VSG. I think this procedure takes a little longer and so is the healing process.. but after all my research and what not.. I feel very comfortable about my decision. now i'm just starting to get a little nervous about "having surgery" part like the "what if this happens".. I guess everyone goes thru this huh?

Morning everyone!!

Tina ~ yeah for some reason with me, I am very very quick to qive up. I was like that in Highschool and failed all my classes. I guess it's my horrible mind frame. I wanted to run and eat so bad but I sat back and told myself DUDE! YOU DID liquids FOR 2 DAYS LOL Its not that serious!!!! The chicken strips and fries will be around the rest of my life, but my band is here NOW. MAKE IT WORK. I am in school until April 2011. It's a one year program, and that includes months of Extern-ships.

On that note, with the pouch test the first time I did gain all the weight back, but it's because right after I went back and ate bad foods.

Today I am at 226.9 =) Keep on chugging away!!

Pam ~ I was wondering if I could still do the 1200 diet after the band? I found I did good on that, not much cheating. I loved lettace with tuna on it everyday for lunch and can so do that again.

Ali ~ I am making the Ricotta recipe for lunch today, will let you know. I couldnt find low sugar sauce so I got Safeways "Eating right" brand

Chrissy- Congrats!!!!!!!!! I hope you feel better.

Lee- I love your thinking!!!! I just know you will make your goals that you set :laugh:

Riley, how are you hun?

I am doing well, not so much nervous any more as i am afraid I wont be able to have the surgey (which is in 5 days!) because I like I am on ther verge of getting a cold. No real symptoms, just slight head aches/pressure but very small. No runny nose, a tiny bit stuffed if i lay down but it goes away quick. I did not get much sleep the last couple nights, and yesterday I walked around the zoo all day with my son for his field trip. I don't normally have allergies, but since i have no cough I'm wondering if I am experiencing them. In any event I have over loaded my self with Vitamin C and tons of Water.< /p>

Ash - sounds like allergies.

Tamra - you can do the 1200 calorie pre op diet - if you follow the allowed foods it will be band friendly - if you notice the allowed foods list on the pre op diet do not include rice, Pasta, bread etc just like after banding. If you were able to follow it and lose weight before surgery you should be able to after surgery. Just make sure you measure everything to make sure you aren't going over the 1200 - a little below that would probably be better.

MOrning all.........

I think moderation and balance is what we are all looking for. The extremes one way or another are what do us in. What do me in.........

Tamra: I am back to the 1200 as of this morning too. I am down 8 and going back and forth on the 2. My restriction isn't my backup anymore I am back to my own actions :-) But it was great while it lasted. Actually the fact that the band loosen is a good thing it means I lose fat around my stomach!! :-) But I really want to be down 15 pounds before I go back. THe 1200 pre op worked great for alot of us so I am going back to that too. We are both on the same track right now............I lost easier on the 1200 pre op and think that might need to be my moderation.

RILEY how are ya!!

Wishing everyone a great day!!

TAMRA- School will be out before you know it!! A year will go by fast. I had to go to school for 8 years for a 6 year degree because I had that whole giving up thing down!! YOu will be glad you did it I have never regretted going back to school!!

PAM

I agree the pouch test for me would be used as a punishment for not eating well. I don't do good with the punishment thing. I think it is about if you mess up you don't get so hard on yourself you get back on track as soon as you notice you messed up. The either/or just makes us feel bad about ourselves..........we do enough of that already.

Ok i am on a search here at work today for a man and his kids living in a park.................so puts life in perspective!! Can you imagine living in a park!! We are all so lucky..........

Edited by swrktp

yeah for Annalyn and Chrissy...you both have dates now! Whoo Hooo!!

Ashly, sorry you don't feel good but you have time to shake it! Keep up the vitaman c and lots of Water and flush out the germs. I am happy that your date is coming fast.

I had my pcp apt today and she was very happy with my progress. She has had 4 patients go through wls and she felt I was doing great. I was her first sleeve patient so she asked me lots of questions. I am down 16 pds since surgery. I feel the loss is starting to slow a bit so I am going to bump up my excercise.

I am ready to go back to work next week but I tried to email Dr Park and she is out this week so I guess I have to wait unitl Monday to email her for a release. She wrote my initial paperwork to be out through 5/30.

Well, keep making good choices everyone!

Chrissy – Congrats!! How was the CM appointment?

Ash – Few more days!!!! So exciting!!

I hope the year flys Tina. I am doing really good so far, have passed all my exams, looking at a B average right now, which is the best I have EVER HAD LOL.

So food today wasn't that smart.

Breakfast: Venti Decaf Skinny Latte (Sorry Bariatrics program but I love my coffee) and 2 bites of tuna (I couldnt do it LOL)

Lunch - 2 handfuls of "Thai Lime" Cashews I got at Trader Joes...GRRR!! And a really good salad from there, I ate almost the entire package to only see the 240 cals was for HALF...okaaaay soooo 480 Cals later....lol....but it had like 20 grams protein! I tried...

=)

Hi again everyone,

just checking in, I don't post much but I do like to read the threads everyday. Thank you to everyone for all the great information.

I am going to try and make the point west support group this saturday, will be nice to meet some of you

I have a question, is the surgeon and pych consult and case manger appointment the only required appointments? or are there more you have to go through before surgery?

Thanks

If I remember correctly there are the initial doctor appointment, psych, case manager, nutrition/pre-op class and pre-op doctor appointment.

Thanks John :)

If I remember correctly there are the initial doctor appointment, psych, case manager, nutrition/pre-op class and pre-op doctor appointment.

I didn't do well in High School but once I had my daughter and went back to school I got A's and B's too......Having a kid to support and taking out my own school loans did wonders for my motivation!!

Busy day!! Still working but one plus to busy to eat to much!! :-)

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it to Point West meeting on Saturday!

still pokin along...

B=2 boiled eggs salad

L= Tomato Soup, 4 slices turkey deli meat, 2 slices swiss cheese

D=caesar salad

ex 2.5 mile walk & 30 min elliptical

tomorrow is my weigh in day, Pam I'm tired of the up and down of everyday weight checks too.

Yippie Ash, so happy for you. just a few more days.

You too Chrissy, great your independence day :)

I think the pouch test and others like it can be a great jumpstart. When I am all twisted which does happen I do a quick 2-3 day something and then follow up with getting back on plan. It works for me.

Happy Friday! whoo hoo, I'm going to a movie premiere tomorrow nite and another 5 mile walk on saturday.