Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I drank Diet Coke until the night before surgery I did cut down to one a week but slowly. I used to drink a six pack a day so went down slowly over two months. I couldn't do cold turkey but after surgery I was done and was ok with that suprizingly. Diet coke was a serious addiction for me.......my worst one.

I was nervous the whole week before I went into surgery and almost changed my mind. Nicole, Riley, Chris and Candi all walked me through it and the day of I was ok. I figured I couldn't just cancell since everyone was there already. You will be fine I promise!! Watch out for the elephant in the recovery room. Other than that it was a breeze.

I am down 5 pounds since Friday. I know it will stop soon but I am trying to take advantage of it right now. I can only eat 1/4 a cup of protien and I am so stuffed forget the salad or veggies. Feel like the week after surgery again. I was told by someone at the fill center that the feeling you are looking for with a good feel is the feeling right after surgery so this must be good. I ate two grillers today and one fat free yogurt. The dinner is moving slow so I am done for the night. I am waiting to have some room for Water.

Pat-I hate PB'ing. It does HURT and yet it also hurts to keep it inside and stuck. Remember PB'ing to much makes the stomach swell and close up..........at least that is what we decided was causing me to get so tight in the past. I have to stop before I PB cause I refuse to PB and swell up again........no unfills for me.

But I happy with this fill and I am pretty sure this is just about it for me with fills. Maybe in a few months........

Don't worry to much about surgery. We all go thru that fear though, i remember staying in the hotel room the night before asking myself if i was sure. Just tell your husband not to tell anyone whats going on. I had not told my dad about my surgery.. well... come to find out i find out a YEAR OUT. That mike called my mom when i was having issues waking up.. and my mother called my dad!!!

So let your spouse to not stress that these surgeons are awesome and super busy! It will be over before you know it, and the first year will pass by before you know it.

Good Job Tina! Since our talk and my telling myself that sweets are like crack.. i have gone down 3. So we will see how much self control i can get back! AND, im bringing my lunch to work, no more eating there! I cook for elderly for a living right now.. NO GOOD.

Now im sick.. bla im going to bed. HEY anyone have Liz direct line??? I need to find out how much a fill is self pay.

Wow! It's been so long since I've had that much to catch up on!

Good to hear from Tina, Jes and Nicole! I've missed you ladies! Just like old times!

Still exhausted, this new puppy is taking all the extra energy I have after dealing with the house. (our paint count is now up to 22 gallons- Yikes!)

I really should go to bed now, I don't have that much time to sleep anyway!

Good Morning!

I just wanted to share my great news this morning...

My body's in Onederland and half way to goal!

Way to go Lee! That is so awesome! It's nice to reach a milestone and know that all this work is getting you to where you want to be.

Robin called yesterday and she advanced my diet starting today. I am so excited. Looking forward to some heavier food.< /p>

Thanks Ali!

That's so cool about moving on. Month two was my most challenging with food. Advice I'd offer is, carefully measure your food or weight it. Over 2 ounces and I'd be throwing up. Chew 30 times, it's really no joke with the soft food stage. Eat very slowly. Anytime I rushed a bit I was sick for hours and of course, throwing up again! :scared2:

I'm nearing the end of my third month and I still have to follow those rules so carefully.

You're going to do great! Congratulations on all of your success on this journey.

Hey Ladies!! hope everyone had a good Mothers Day!

quick update- I have my case manager appointment on Monday the 17th!!!! i'm sooo excited, nervous...

Any quick tips before I go thru this next door?

Lee - Congratulations - it must feel so great. I know the 50% point was a big deal for me. You are an inspiration as you keep at it no matter what!

Ali - this is when you really start learning the program. It is so much better eating "real" food. Tell us what your first meal is.

Annalyn - the case manager appt is a breeze. Don't forget your binder! I brought Liz some questions and we talked about those. She asks what you are doing for exercise and what you are eating - that kind of stuff. Congrats - you are on your way!

Heather - Wow - thats alot of paint!! Post pics. Take care of yourself too.

Nicole - I agree sugar is crack! I have to really avoid if I want to lose and not get into the carb binge thing.

Tina - glad things are going well. Yeah I don't want to PB anymore either! I have some heavy head stuff going on at night because I know I'm full or almost full, but I have continued to eat because I don't feel like I am 'done' eating. I know it is mental thing - I think it has to do with food as relaxation and comfort. Need to work on my replacement.

Mo - you are so great with your pedometer! I need to wear mine more often.

Sherri - John and Lee on here have had the sleeve and can offer lots of good info. There is also a sleeve site that Lee belongs to, as well as ObesityHelp.com.

Ash - have you tried the relaxation tapes that you got at the last class? They really helped me - I even listened to them after surgery. And like Tina said, all the veterans on here also helped to reassure me. I went through my doubts about a month before surgery - after a Kaiser support meeting where some people were down on the band. This group helped me clarify my reasons again and then I was OK. I was actually pretty calm before - I think because mine was scheduled so far in advance and I was ready to move on with things - I can only think / analyze for so long and then I am ready to take action.

Guest sodapop

OMG!! I missed 4 pages!!! hi everyone! I AM AT GOAL!! Had my psych appointment and to everyone's surprise I am NOT crazy!! I fooled them! :cheers2:

I got off the phone with Sarah and I have my case manager appointmet MAY 19TH!! DOUBLE OMG!! I got ot go to Vacaville so that is awesome.

I am sooo excited I don't know what to do with myself.

Looks like everyone is doing good.

Ash-love you and I am here baby!!

I have been ohh so lucky to see my boobie sista candra twice now and even met BRIDZILLA. All I can say is Candra is "nice" about her..just meet her in person!! LMAO! my candra is a saint to deal with THAT. :scared2:

xoxox

chrissy who misses her BFF

Hi Ladies!

Lee - Congrats!!! 20 more pounds to go for onederland for me! See you’re beating me!

All is well in Virginia, two more weeks until I come home.

Woke up hungry and been hungry all day!! I think the fill honeymoon is over now!! The weird thing is the top stomach is FULL but the bottom one is growling. It growled something fierce at the grocery store and everyone turned around to look at me. I know it is the band but how can you tell other people that. I am sure they felt I was ill with some terrible gastrointestinal ailment and should go home quick!! LOL. I feel hungry but the top stomach is full nothing else will fit without a PB incident. Which I refuse to have. I am so scared of PB's and my stomach swelling. But it is a weird feeling. I had to get used to that before and I need to get used to it again. I feel like I have been on a long, long lap band vacation and have to learn some things all over again.

Pat: Head hunger is the worst. Psychological addiction is always worse than physical addiction and guess which one we got stuck with?? LOL. This is really hard stuff. A serious mind game.

CHRISSYPOP: Don't know you but congrats on the surgery. And that relaxation CD helped alot. I still use it when I can't sleep. LOVE that CD put me to sleep everytime although last time I woke up in the middle to hear something about "little magical creatures are smiling calmly down on you" THat can't be right be right though.........anyone know!! Sorta woke me up cause I thought what am I listening to?? And I am not sure I want magical creatures to smile on me and what are they doing above me............LOL. Someone needs to stay awake all the way through and tell me if that is true. I can't stay awake more than five minutes.

Ok gonna try the dinner thing.............

Well, this has been a trying day. Two meals and two pb's. For Breakfast I had a hard boiled egg mashed into a 1/4 cup of Cottage cheese and ummm, that was to much. lunch I tried a smashed egg and then had 1 tiny lick of bean Soup and that put me over the top as well. So, I guess my stomach is about the size of egg and that is where I will stop from now on. It's not fun getting sick....

I'm kind of afraid to eat dinner but I am going to try a boiled chicken breast ground up with a bit of gravy...no more than 1/4 cup.

Wish me luck!

Well, this has been a trying day. Two meals and two pb's. For breakfast I had a hard boiled egg mashed into a 1/4 cup of Cottage cheese and ummm, that was to much. lunch I tried a smashed egg and then had 1 tiny lick of bean Soup and that put me over the top as well. So, I guess my stomach is about the size of egg and that is where I will stop from now on. It's not fun getting sick....

I'm kind of afraid to eat dinner but I am going to try a boiled chicken breast ground up with a bit of gravy...no more than 1/4 cup.

Wish me luck!

Ali - Twice in one day! Ouch! Yes one egg or 1/4 is all I could eat the first month or so. Aren't you on Puree’s? No eggs on Puree's! Sorry to hear that you’re puking as I know it’s totally different with a small stomach. I choke on the food coming out as the stomach doesn't have the mass it used to push the food up... No food has come up for me in a month or so but its scary and a very uncomfortable feeling. Some Saliva has come up a couple weeks ago but even that has decreased in frequency. Best of luck. It gets better three months out.

Hi John, I can't wait till I'm 3 months out so I will have learned all the do's and don'ts my new tummy likes. On the eggs, my book lists them on the pureed stage so that is good. So far they have tasted the best to me.

I had my 1/4 cup chicken and gravy puree and its not bad. Looks gross but tastes yummy. So far its staying down. Tomorrow I am gonna try a ricotta bake dish and see how that works.

I had been feeling so good I was feeling kinda guilty for not returning to work but after today I am so glad I am still off so I can work through this part. I think I will go back a week early just becasue they miss me so and they call me everyday---lol.

Congrats to the ones coming up on thier case manager apt! You will be soon.

Hi everyone,

Hang in there Ali. The first month is the hardest.

Congrats Lee. Onederland is only 14 pounds away for me now. I am longing to get there.

Congrats on the new house Heather. Painting is a lot of work, but nice when it is all done.

Welcome back Tina. Good to hear all is well with you.

Chrissy, Ash... not long to wait now. Yahoo!

I had my first fill on Friday. Dr. Baggs was great. I got 6cc's in my 10cc band and then was on Clear Liquids for 48 hours. Unfortunately, I had to take my big 6 hour administrator test on Saturday on clear liquids only. I was light headed around hour 5, but finished thank God. I never want to take that thing again, so I am praying I pass. I am feeling okay now. I can't eat much, but was down 2 pounds today since Friday.

Wishing everyone a super week.