Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Congrat on the date Ashley! I'm so happy for you!

Ali-I'm glad things went well. I hade the same two for one special.

Get some rest and remember to drink plenty of Water.< /p>

YAY Ash!!! Im so excited for you!!! Congrats girl!!

Ali Im glad your doing well.. Keep on trucken...

Just checkin in one last time before we leave. WE are getting up st 3am to be out the dorr by 4am... CRAZY~~~ we Stayed an extra day because of the weather and now its pouring... We will have to load the truck in the rain. Oh well. ANyways, Im gunna go eat some lunch. I will talk to all you after the move!!!

Yeah Ali! I'm glad you are home doing good! Thanks everyone for the congrads. Niccolie, good luck & drive safe :thumbup:

Congrats Ash on your date! You've worked so hard....glad you didn't have to be on the waiting list to long.

I must say, this hurts more than I thought it would--had to go back to the vicoden with the creepy dreams so I could tolerate the pain....hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Good luck Nicole! Drive safe!

Ali, glad to hear you are home and that all went well. Hang in there with the pain and don't be afraid to take your meds.

Congrats Ash. Time will fly by.

Hi everyone

I have my orientation next tuesday may 4th at the vacaville kaiser. I was lead to believe from the 2 hr overview class that kaiser does not do the gastric sleeve yet.

My appointment is through Kaiser Richmond. Can anyone tell me if they will do the sleeve? I was leaning towards the band but if the sleeve is available I would definately consider it.

would love any input, thanks so much

sherri :redface:

anyone else here going to the orientation on the 4th?

Guest sodapop

ALI!!!!!! Congrats! Glad everything was good! YAY!

ASH-Congrats and I will talk to ya soon my text-sleeve-bff! lol!

New person? Yes they do the sleeve. I am getting it done!

Alright: BIG NEWS!!!!!! I AM AT GOAL!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! I am 260! 3 weeks baby!

Hope everyone is great!

Kisses. I am sooo sad and will go cry now Nicole left. :redface:

Hi Yes Im new... found this forum as I was researching information on the lapband.

thanks for letting me know they do the sleeve, do you know if choosing the sleeve increases your wait for surgury? or is it about the same?

Sherri

Hi everyone it's been months since I posted and I finally had a chance to read some old post. I am really happy to say that since I got an unfill in the end of February I went in On Monday and finally got a fill. I went to the Kaiser meeting last Wednesday and was the only lap-band® person there. As a get farther along my weight journey I feel that I need more support to lose the weight. I have lost 50lbs post-op in 6 months which I know is really great but I still need more. I will try to post more offend and read more post. I hope I see some of you guys in the next meeting at Kaiser. Beverley said we can have a clothes swap as long as we take our clothes back that no body wants. Well I wish everyone luck in your journey!!!!!:redface:

Sherri- Welcome! All the docs to the sleeve at Richmond, and your prefered surgery doesn't have anything to do with your surgery date. That all depends on your pre-op weight loss and the timing of appts.

Ash- Congrats on the surgery date!

Chrissy- You go girl! I'm so excited for you.

Ali- Hope you're not in pain with freaky dreams for much longer!

I lost 4 lbs this week. That's what I like to see!

Hugs to everyone. Sorry I've been out of touch.

Heather - congrats - I knew the exercise would pay off.

Ash - so happy for you - you've worked hard to get there.

Ali - hang in - it will get better each day. So glad that you came through OK. We both lost the same amount pre-surgery - yeah for 37 lbs!!! Wait until you see how fast it is going to come off this first month!

Laurel - how are you doing - life sounds really busy!

Donna - miss you!!!

Chrissy - congrats on getting to surgery goal weight - you really did it fast! Awesome!

CoCo - miss you - so sorry I couldn't come Sat. Can you PM me your new address - I want to send you something I have for you.

Tam - how is school? Do you like it?

Love the pic of CoCo and Mo - BTW - you both look great - I can see the weight loss! Pretty ladies!

Candra - glad you are back - how are you doin? Where is Jes? We need to do a bay area walk - maybe back in Vallejo again. (Although you still need to head over here one of these days!)

Pam - what new diet are you doing?

Lee - You sound like things are still doing well for you. Glad the PBing / throwing up is much better. See below about me and my slow weight loss too. I will be at the support meeting next week. I have a ton of size 16 clothes - are you interested? PM me and I can tell you the kind of stuff I have - lots of work things.

I am seeing Robin tomorrow and have really been struggling as you know. I hope it isn't all a rag session - I'd really like some concrete suggestions on what to try to do to get my hunger under control. My stomach growls so loud and I am so hungry in the morning I can't concentrate - same thing 3 hours after I eat. I am suppose to get my first fill - hope I will. I am eating too much quantity. I am down, just not as much as the first few months - 7 lbs in the last 2 months - this past month it has been the slowest - 3 lbs. I have also gone back to the therapist I was seeing a few years ago who specializes in weight loss - she use to work with Bariatrics in Kaiser. We are going to work on the emotional eating stuff and things like what is the pay off for eating the wrong stuff / not exercising / eating when I'm not hungry. Even though I am struggling I am determined to break through this!!

Pat ~ I am enjoying school. I have had 2 exams already and my first I got a 90% and the second 85% (Which I am not happy about, it woulda been a 90 but I changed an answer at the end thinking I was wrong, but I had been right the first time grrrr!!). Good luck with Robin. I had a 30 min phone call Tues with her and I admitted to everything I have been eating, etc and not once did she down me, or rag on me, she was VERY NICE (I have never had a problem with her anyways) and we just talked, and she gave me some tips, and told me I was still doing okay just get bck on track, try studying outside my home (because I snack at night when reading), etc. So don't worry, it should be fine!! She told me just keep trying to loose because she wants me to get a fill when I see Baggs. I said heck I want one too!! :redface:

Morning everyone and Welcome Sherri.

Sherri, I just had the sleeve performed on Monday by Dr. Park. They let you chose the type of surgery so chosing the sleeve didn't delay me since all the doctors seem to do all the procedures. I had orignally been on track for lap band but switched to sleeve.

I am very thankful that you guys keep this group going and didn't split up for the "pre's" and the "post's" as hearing you each tell your story about struggles is very helpful. You guys are so dedicated to improving your health and working hard at getting to goal its very encouraging. I know this journey will not be easy but you guys will keep me motivated.

I feel better today, got a good nights sleep last night. Really was much more painful than I thought; just the one side of my stomach where the main surgery was I guess. I haven't been hungry at all and with the sleeve you have to have clear fluids for 3 days instead of two days so tomorrow will be my day for some yougurt or cream soup...ummm, lol.

Everyone have a great day!

I don't miss cream Soups LOL I am sick so I am gonna eat a can of Soup for lunch but any other time no thanks!!

Sherri,

How fast you move through the process has to do with the goal weight your doctor sets. They will weigh you at orientation and everything will be based off that weight so maintain your weight until orientation and then start the diet they give you after orientation. The goal weight the doctor sets has lots of variables. Seems to depend on your age, where you carry your excess wieght, and who knows what else.

I think this is one time that being fat all over was a plus; I got lucky and losing 20 lbs on the 1200 calorie diet was pretty easy. I had my orientation on 1/25 and surgery on 4/26--3 months was faster than I expected.

good luck!