Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Mo!

I live in Pinole now, so I would take 80 right across the bridge. I am still trying to work out a babysitter, but also my baby's ballet class is every SAT morning now.

Down to 227 today yay! 9 more lbs by May 6th to go!

Tamra-No problem. Just a thought. I guess we'll see you there.

What time does the meeting start and what is the address? Or which Kaiser facility is it? I can MapQuest directions.

The meeting is from 11-1 at the Point West Kaiser - I don't know the exact address but you can check the Kaiser website - it is off the Exposition Blvd exit on business 80

Pam~Thanks for the information. I plan to be there. See you soon.

Hi there, quiet in here today. I hope everyone was out enjoying the sun. I made a raised planter box today and its the start of my veggie garden. I have never done this before so its kind of exciting. I hope to get the soil in it this week and plant next weekend. While I am home recouperating I figured I could tend to the garden.

One more week, I am so trying NOT to look at every meal like its my last but damm I keep thinking that everytime I eat! Gotta shake that attitude.

Well, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

good sunday morning everyone, just wanted to pop is and say hello. things are going ok for me. I'm pretty much stuck at this plateau ugh! not loosing but not gaining either so I guess that's a good thing. I've decided to not worry about it too much I'm much much more healthier than I was this time last year. I've gone from a size 20 to 10/12 so if it takes the rest of the summer to loose another 10 pounds so be it. Been trying to keep up with my walking, yesterday a 4 mile around the Bay Trail, it was beautiful. I'll probably do the bridge this morning.

Congrats Ali, really excited for you. Chrissy, Ash glad you're loosing, enjoy it and take advantage of every pound. You'll be on deck next.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting next week it's our group garage sale. I'll miss you all. Perhaps you Sac folks can come down this way for a Vallejo pier walk or the bridge sometime soon.

Ok, well take care everyone, and huggs all around, Pat, Riley, Candra, Mo, Nicolie, Mr John, Donna, Pam and you too if I missed someone.

Hi All - I think I finally broke my plateau - I am down to 195 - over 7 weeks 1 lost 4 pounds - several of them more than once :) Really hoping by being more active it will help keep it moving in the right direction. Walked for an hour both Sat. and Sun at the wet lands.

For the ladies who came here in March, the babies are hatching! I saw about 10 baby swans on Sat - little round fluff balls- some white, some gray and with black beaks -soooo cute! Today I saw baby ducks. And the male geese are hissing when you walk by so the geese must be next.

We got some veggie plants for our garden this morning and planted them, plus some other plants. So all in all I had a pretty active day and weekend. Good thing since we celebrated my birthday last night by going out to dinner. I did pretty well (salad, tiger prawns, veggies) until I ordered dessert - a chocolate mouse with a chocolate gnache top and whipped cream!! It was great - I ate about 2/3 of it. Also went to see Date Night - it was funny - I love Tina Fey and Steve Carell.

Anyway - since I have been struggling for almost 2 months, I thought I would pose a question to the group. Since most of us don't have a normal relationship with food, this journey isn't just about how much / what we eat and how much we exercise. It is also about learning to deal differently with stuff so we don't use food the wrong way. Is anyone interested in sharing their thoughts and what they have done to deal with the emotional side of eating?

These are some of the questions I have been thinking about:

What is lacking in my life that I use the food to fill?

What do I stuff down with the food?

How else can I comfort myself besides with food?

OK - hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

What are the plans next Sat for CoCo's good-bye send off?

Good Evenin Ladies & John! It has been a good weekend, topped off with some sweet surprises @ church! Wanted to say kudos to all our PRe-ops...working so hard for the goal to surgery, DON'T give up...move one step at a time!

(Yes Heather I will go w/ u to docs @ drop of a hat! hehe)

For everyone interested in coming to Kaiser Support: INFO:

SACRAMENTO SUPPORT GROUP...

APRIL 24TH, 2010, 11:00-1:00PM...

4TH SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH...

PLEASE JOIN US!

Point West Medical Offices - Kaiser

1650 Response Road

Sacramento, CA 95815

You can enter either of the front doors, and walk towards the center and back hallway, there is usually a sign for the room we are in!

For everyone interested in our 'C-ya-later' (not goodbye) SOS Nicolie...aka Co-Co aka Canolie!

We are going to Mimi's on Arden right after the meeting. We will be calling ahead with an estimated count, but if everyone could pm me if you are making it, would help to catch u in the count! Looking forward to a great Saturday and even some of the hubbies...are going to be there, perhaps Nikki too John? Please let me know for the count!

Have a great Monday, fresh start this week! :) Candra...sure hoping to C u, Pam, Tina, Maria, April & all?

Good morning!!! Happy Monday!!!

I just read the plan for Saturday. So... We are not going to the jumpy, trampoline place???

If not, good cuz I gotta run after lunch anyway. Hope to be on my way back by 3pm.

Have a great day and week.

Hi Everyone,

I won't be able to make it this Saturday as I have part 2 of my Administrator class to take.

Nicole, best of luck in your new venture. Take an umbrella with you!

Ali, email me after your surgery. If you need anything holler! Congratulations.

Have fun on Saturday everyone!

oh my, I think I need to listen to that relaxation cd that Kaiser gave me....I am kind of in panic mode! I assume this is common but I don't like this feeling...I like being in control and right now I feel out of control since my life will be changing next week! Uggg, I have a busy week ahead of me so hopefully that will keep my mind busy!

I will see everyone Saturday!

Laurel, I will definately send you an email after the big day!

Ali- Listen to your cd! All the post-op pros said it was super helpful.

Wow we are so slow on here lately that our thread is falling to the bottom of the page when you first log in :ohmy: I guess you can consider this a thread bump lol! Hope everyone is doing good!

I hope everyone is ok! Pretty darn quiet in here. The thunder is so loud, its really kinda cool.

Hi Everyone!!! All is well here. I was just checking in! I hope you all are having a good week. Mine is stressful. I'm working out though. I need to in order to have energy.

Counting the days until Saturday.......