Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

ok someone go ahead & kick me (i know ceradad - it' will take you 2 seconds to do so...)

i canceled my training appt today. was NOT in the mood to lift and not in the mood for much of anything. rode my horse for a while this morning, and may go for a walk around the ranch with the dogs later today.

need to shake the crappy feeling, i know maybe hitting the weights would have helped - just wasn't up for leaving the house today. pitiful i know!

ok - complaining over.

jachut - i prefer interval cardio myself. i'll look into the dowload for the ipod - thanks.

ok someone go ahead & kick me (i know ceradad - it' will take you 2 seconds to do so...)

Little longer than 2 seconds, but here it is.

You are correct, lifting would help alleviate the depression, but I won't be too hard on you.

Soft touch I know. But sometimes that is all you need.

lu...there have been times I have gone to the gym & sat in my car fighting with myself b/c I didn't feel like doing anything physical. After a few minutes of reasoning I usually go in & end up having the best workout ever.

What I say to myself to make me go in is "if I go home all I'll end up doing is eating & laying". Sometimes that works sometimes I head for fast food! :)

Has a STRESSFUL day today - came home from work and just wanted to lay around and eat, then sleep. I ate dinner, and an hour later, I forced myself to go for Tae Kwondo class. I can tell you now I am SO glad I went!! Just my daily check in!! :tt1:

This morning: 50 minutes treadmill at 4% incline 2.25 miles.

This evening: 30 minutes treadmill at 4% incline 1.15 miles.:tt1:

thanks ceradad & cc - my funk is fading..

wed is normally my down day & i need to be home all day with contractors here.

BUT - i did do my wii yoga this morning. i really LOVE It. going to start doing yoga via wii - than trying to get in a class at the gym....

This morning: 20 minute upper body with free weights. No treadmill today.

Good morning Warriors,

Checking in...went to the gym last night for the first time in waaaay too long. I have been walking (mornings with DDog) and at lunchtime, but after my "just" 1 pound loss last week, I decided to get my butt in gear, or as Jachut would say, I shut my gob and decided to move my ass...:lol:

30 minutes on the ArcTrainer elliptical (doesn't use arms, but burns the legs) and another 20 minutes on the treadmill, using speed increases and incline increases to form my own workout.

I think I'll check out the cardio coach and mp3 downloads - I KNOW I need to do aerobics for my heart (since I've had some troubles and it runs in my family) but I would rather lift weights. I don't do it fast enough to count as "circuit" training, so aerobics will continue to be a part of my routine.

Nice reading everyone's posts - those of you who are regulars really inspire me, and a big welcome to all those joining the challenge for the first time. Though I'm not the strongest or the fastest, I've been MUCH more consistent since posting my workouts on this thread. Even if all I do is walk I will do THAT every day so I don't feel like a slacker...:)

ebony - i just love your upbeat posts and they have been very appreciate this past wk...

so back in the gym this AM, i can totally see how you can get off track & out of routine if your not consistent about exercise.

not kicking & screaming - but not excited i met my trainer; he was kind to me...didn't kill me that much.

i had my measurements & BF checked today....creeping along; lost inches in my arms & waist only along with a drop of .4% body fat - catching up ceradad, @ 18.8% right now.

so today -

3 mile bike warm up

50 min trainer session - resistance / weights / core; lower weights today

2 mile run

have a good day all~

Wednesday i did Cardio Coach vol 6 on the treadmill - 55 minutes of vomit inducing hill and sprint intervals - I was very impressed with myself, last time I did this one, was about 9 months ago, my recovery speed was 4.5 mph, my sprint speed 5.5. This time, I recovered on 5.5 mph and did the sprints at 8mph, and even manaed 8 mph with an incline of 5 for a couple of 60 second sprints.

Yesterday i did a really hard circuit again, my treadmill sessions were 40 seconds at 8mp, 20 seconds at 5mp, five times. Had 4 treadmill bits, and the rest weights, the whole thing lasted an hour. Felt sick as a dog, took a good couple of hours to recover. Realised that I've done 3 hard hard workouts 3 days in a row and was perhaps in need of some recovery now. So that night I went for an 8km walk with doug :wink:

Fell asleep at 8.30 pm, didnt budge till 8 am this morning. Having a day off today.

I've done super duper well with trying to eat 5 times a day and include more Protein to fuel this though.

Today I went for Tae Kwondo class - 30 mins intense. Really excited because I wasnt sure I could do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can wake up on time to go for Spin tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Looks like everyone's doing so well - good going gang!!!!!!!

Today: Walking in San Francisco. Beautiful day for a stroll in the City by the Bay. :wink: