Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

jachut glad you joined, i envy your love of running!

back from 3 day break

today - 4mile run.

'Bout damn time.:biggrin::biggrin:

'Bout damn time.:biggrin::biggrin:

saw your other post - thanks, lost my shadow.....so took a few days off. :scared2:

But I MUST do those circuits and not cave and go for a nice easy run instead. When I do them, I work almost to the barfing stage.

Funny how people are different in their preferences...

I HATE cardio even though I do it regularly (no running) but I LIVE to lift!!! I think cardio is much harder & boring unlike the stress busting of weights. To each his own...

I HATE cardio even though I do it regularly (no running) but I LIVE to lift!!! I think cardio is much harder & boring unlike the stress busting of weights. To each his own...

Couldn't agree more with you ccl. I HATE cardio, but I do it because I have to. I like how lulu puts it, I have to do cardio so I can eat some of the foods I like to.:biggrin:

saw your other post - thanks, lost my shadow.....so took a few days off. :biggrin:

Who do you think you are, Peter Pan?:biggrin:

Couldn't agree more with you ccl. I HATE cardio, but I do it because I have to. I like how lulu puts it, I have to do cardio so I can eat some of the foods I like to.:biggrin:

i DO too !!!!

my main issue with cardio is getting bored as well, even w/the ipod going. but i realize i have to do both, this morning while running i got lost looking at everyones christmas lights & decorations outside. kept me distracted long enough that i ran longer than i had planned. adult ADD i call it:wink:

Who do you think you are, Peter Pan?:biggrin:

cute - no my little poodle followed me EVERYWHERE; didn't realize till he went to sleepy land. 5 other dogs and it's SO quiet - he got a lot of attention.

cute - no my little poodle followed me EVERYWHERE; didn't realize till he went to sleepy land. 5 other dogs and it's SO quiet - he got a lot of attention.

Sorry, forgot about that. My short term memory disfunction kicked in again.

30 min. Treadmil

100 sit ups

60 min Cathe Fredrick (Fit TV)

Man she works you out!

Been offline for a few days.

Friday - 32 minutes eliptical Intervals

Saturday - 64 minutes eliptical 55+RPM

Sunday - 32 minutes eliptical Intervals.

Monday - no cardio.

Today: 50 minutes on treadmill at 5% incline.:angry_smile:

Cardio haters, have you checked out cardio coach (www.cardiocoach.com) or this one I've just found and ordered the strength and conditioning program for runners MP3 Fitness Training - Download Workouts to iPod: Total Wellness Consulting Toronto

They're interval style programs, and they make the time on cardio equipment fly by. I just love zoning out to some music because slow running feels so easy to me now, its just a pleasant activity.

You know, I know we've all heard the competing advice - slow long cardio burns more fat, slow long cardio is useless for fat loss and actually changes your body composition for the worse. I think it took me a good 2 years to really plateau out with running, to stop improving and stop noticing positive changes to my body. Its changed it for the better for sure, but these days I really need INTENSITY to further progress.

I'm full of new enthusiasm, I have a great program mapped out and today I did a blistering circuit composed of hard cardio intervals and circuit style multi directional running specific weight training (focussing on core, hip stabilisers, etc). I was STUFFED when I finished but a glass of milk and a shower and I was right to go with the rest of my day.

And since I decided to cut back on the long runs and do harder cardio and strength training, the pesky few pounds i had as a result of my small unfill have gone and my clothes feel better again. Thats after months of no change or progress. I really believe now i can get the last of this weight off, I know I'm thin and have had good results but I want stupendously good ones!

Last night: did not get into gym as promised due to the snow. Took me over 2 hrs just to get to my truck at the park and ride.:angry_smile:

This morning: got up at 0430 and hit the driveway. Shoveled DW's side (I don't care too much as I have a SUV). Then, went to the gym to get my running shoes and headed into work to avoid the majority of traffic. Hit the fitness center upstairs for 40 minutes on the treadmill. Ran a 5k in less than 30 minutes and then just finished it out easy.

Tonight will be my delayed upper body workout.

Jachut, I have something at my gym that makes cardio better for me. They have a DVD player hooked up to a projector that plays on a screen about 1/3 the size of a normal movie theater screen. As I love movies, this is perfect for me. Only drawback is when they get on a "chick flick" kick. I can tolerate one or two, but when they do 3 or 4 in a row, that sucks.