Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

My second day back in the gym after banding 11/25 B:thumbup:urned 550 calories on the eliptical in 30 min. My cardiologist just said my heart has recovered almost all the way and I am cleared to lift weights again after the bariatric surgeon oks. Maybe next month. yay.

Today: 50 minutes treadmill at 4% to 5% incline. :whatchutalkingabout

Alright, more noobs. Gotta love it. Your enthusiasm should help keep us going.:wub:

As for me, Tuesday night I hit the gym for 40 minutes of leg workout. Followed up with 35 minutes on elliptical.

Yesterday, went on DD's class trip to see "The Shoemaker and the Elves". Kids had a blast. I was about the only dad there, kinda like here. I liked it.:cool2: Didn't get into gym as I had to run errands afterwards and DD had swim class last night.

Today, 45 minute upper body workout. Still rolling along and getting stronger as the workouts go along. Followed that up with 100 minutes of cardio. 35 minutes on elliptical, 15 minute run on treadmill, 35 minutes on elliptical and 15 minutes on treadmill. Gotta increase the cardio again. Weight has been creeping up over the last few months. Can't let it slip too much. Have an appt with PA for a fill next month. Will just have to work it off until then.:whatchutalkingabout

Good to see the new faces. Keep up the great work everyone.:mellow:

Another day of workouts down. 40 minutes of leg workout followed up by another 100 minutes of cardio (35 minutes on elliptical, 15 minutes on treadmill, 35 minutes on elliptical, 15 minutes on treadmill) 1800 calories burned doing cardio.

Sidenote: Why do women insist on pouring on perfume before hitting the cardio equipment? You are supposed to stink in the gym. It's ok to stink in the gym. When you bathe in perfume prior to working out, it is almost as bad as a smoker getting on the elliptical next to me after just burning one.:thumbup:

Hey Warriors,

Checking in to say I've walked every day this week, but no gym time - last night it was the trains that got me...by the time I finally arrived at the train station where my gym is, they were closing :thumbup:

Have to settle for the walks right now - back to the Iron on Monday if the trains and buses cooperate. Will go on a longer walk on Saturday just to test myself...maybe hit the gym in my home town as well.

Loving the accountability of checking in here every few days (or everyday) and seeing what others have done - y'all help keep me motivated.:lol:

Hey I am in for this challenge!

Walked 1 mile

Ran 20 min treadmil

Firm total body sculpt 45 min

100 sit ups

Friday my energy was zapped no exercise.

Saturday: A million and one errands and a day out with the girlfriends. No treadmill. But I went up and down the flipping stairs at my home with the flipping groceries. So that was 10x up and down. Free weights upper body.

Back on the treadmill tomorrow.

Okay, I am back on track and as promised 50 minutes treadmill at a 4% to 5% grade. Upper body free weights. Plus the Christmas tree and decorations are up. Yahoo!!!:sad_smile:

Hi Everyone!!!

I have recently recommitted to my band and as part of this recommittment, I know I need to WORK OUT. I recently (1 week ago) signed up for Tae Kwondo.

Workout Goal for DECEMBER:

a) Do Tae Kwondo 3 times a week

:tongue: Do spin class at gym, 2 times a week.

Will check in daily!!!!!!!!!

:sad_smile:

My goal is more circuit training.

I'll share a secret, people think I'm so disciplined with exercise but truly, I'm taking the easy option and have been for months. When you're cardiovascularly fit and well adapted to running, it isnt hard to go out and runk 10K. Its no harder than walking is for a less fit person. That's all I do, five days a week.

I've realised lately (I knew it but I've really owned it) that what Ineed to work on now is NOT more weight loss but a really decent change in body composition. While all this long slow cardio has not wasted away my muscles like the doomsayers predict it also does leave you somewhat a "skinny fat person" meaning although I'm fit and strong, I am somewhat soft and am still hovering at around 25% body fat - healthy for a woman but too high to look really buff.

So........... long story short ............ I know what I'm doing and I have designed a really HARD circuit, well three or four to keep my muscles guessing. I'm doing those three days per week and my runs are going to be harder but shorter interval sessions. One long slow run only per week.

That ougth to get things tightening up. There's no sense in continuing to try to lose, I'll only get skeletal but flabby. I still want my curves.

On top of that, Doug is having a few weeks off and we'll be walking heaps.

So I'm looking forward to ending our long school holidays at the end of January really fit and looking fantastic!

But I MUST do those circuits and not cave and go for a nice easy run instead. When I do them, I work almost to the barfing stage.

Today at the Y by 6am. 40 minutes of upper body weight/sculpting; 20 min cardio. Hoping to squeeze in a 30 min walk later.

I cant believe it!!! I actually woke up on time and did 1 hour of SPIN class at the gyma t 5:15AM!! It was tough but I feel great. I sweat as if someone threw Water on me!!!!!

1 hour down, 14 to go...WOHOOO

Tuesday - Goal is to do Tae kwondo for 1 hour.

:biggrin:

Great job everyone! Keep it up.

As for me, no workout yesterday. I was going to try to get in for 35 minutes on treadmill, but Saturday night we went out for a friends b-day and it went later than anticipated. Then, up early to volunteer at church.

Today, 45 minutes on treadmill this morning and back in for upper body tonight and a little more cardio.

Jachut, great to see you here. Been wondering when you would fall under the power of lifting.:biggrin: Circuit training is great. I do a 6 wk cycle that increases the reps each week. Works for strength early on in the cycle and then switches over to endurance.