Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

Ok, I'm in....I really lucked out with all the crap I ate over the Thanksgiving weekend I didn't gain anything, but I am determined to get back to the gym. Maybe being accountable to ya'll I will get my ass there. I will keep ya posted on my progress. Wish me luck! Joanie :biggrin:)

Ok, I'm in....I really lucked out with all the crap I ate over the Thanksgiving weekend I didn't gain anything, but I am determined to get back to the gym. Maybe being accountable to ya'll I will get my ass there. I will keep ya posted on my progress. Wish me luck! Joanie B))

Alright, another new face! :cursing: Welcome!

Yay!!! new peeps!!!

glad your back ebony!

today -

1mile run warm up

50min session w/trainer - all resistance & ladder drills

Hi eveyone! Im In tooo! Im almost a month out and Im ready jump on the bandwagon. I've been out of rotation for a few months and Im ready to get started again. I look forward to talking to everyone :smile2:

OK! I'm in! I am going to do 45 minutes on my treadmill at least 5 days out of the week BUT will try to do it 7 days if possible! I go to the gym twice a week and will use those two days to lift weights! Glad I came across this because I need someone to stay on my butt~~~my husband is too nice to push me to exercise! ~LOL~

Hey Band Family,

Ceradad, Luluc - thanks so much for the encouragement - you two are my idols on this thread, because you are so consistent with your exercise. You definately challenge and inspire me!:mellow:

Saw the doc for my post-op yesterday and got clearance to go back to the weights....YAAAAY! He's frustrated because the nurses tell his patients different things than HE says. He just said to watch the 400 lb squats - luckily, I'm not quite lifting that much yet (note the sarcasm) so no worries there. I'll take it easy on ab work for the first couple of weeks and not try to match my pre-surgery poundages right away, but I'm so happy I can go back to the elliptical trainer and lifting!:smile2:

Walked yesterday with DH, DD and DDog, no walk in the afternoon because of post-op appointments and Senior pics with DD. Back on the stick this morning - walked with family this morning, will walk at lunchtime and then I have the band support group tonight.

Will keep checking in - y'all keep me motivated and I HATE posting that I didn't do ANYTHING, so I will definately keep moving.

Welcome to all the new posters - you are definately in the right place for positive reinforcement and accountability. New goal - 230 by January 1st! :wink2:

Well, I'm not exactly off to a good start here....I didn't do anything yesterday and so far I haven't gotten the energy up for the gym today. Gotta go, go, go...ya know! I know once I get there I will be fine...I just need to do it! I'll let ya'll know how I made out! Thanx for listening to me whine! LOL!!!!

that's great news ebony! take it slow w/the abs - the six pack will come; i still get occasional port pain when DT (dear/damn - take your pick, trainer .. LOL) has me do his ab routine.

slowmover - whine away!! we all do - but will nudge ya along to get a moving as well!

today is Wed - my day off to rest & i need it...heels hurt again from running....have a good day all!

I'm in, I did step aerobics yesterday, 45 min w/ 15 minutes of strength training with a medicine ball, today I just got back from cardio-kickboxing, so much fun, really makes me sweat!!! I go to the YMCA 4-6 times a week, my kids go in the daycare. I cannot believe I am going to say this but I think I love to exercise, and it definitely helps the scales move. Good luck everyone! love to hear how everyone mixes up their workouts

hi...another newbie here..just banded 11/6...

Needing to get into an exercise routine.. and hoping checking in here might hold me a bit accountable..

Monday I started back with 30 minutes of intervals on the treadmill..

missed yesterday but plan to hit Anytime Fitness with 20 minutes on the ellipticall and 20 minutes on the bike after work.

Ok I'm in. Yesterday I did one hour on the elleptical machine on 5 a incline level. One hour of free weights and twenty mins on the treadmil. Today I did the same and have done the same for the last two weeks :cursing: sorry for the typos I am writing via phone.

Today: 45 minutes on treadmill @ 4% incline 1.5 miles. Stretchy band upper body, but the damn band broke in half. It is my amazing new strength.:cursing: No worries, I have two back up stretchy bands.

today -

very early spin class - think i would have gotten much more out of it, if it wasn't at 5am,

I'm in.

Goal from banding on August 19 was to lose 60 pounds by christmas, I did that by my 3 month anniversary So I need a new goal. I want to be less than 300 for New Years, 16 to go. I have been doing the podrunner series and am on week 4 or 5. Doing it 3-4 times a week, I need to add some resistance back in as I have been without since before I was banded ( Umbilical hernia getting repaired Dec 18??) Some accountability may be just what I need.

Cheers

Dan