Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV - Non-scale Victories

I would like to post a NSV. I went shopping yesterday. My jeans are getting big. I went to Lane Bryant and I tried on a 5P. They were loose....very comfortable if this was the weight I was staying at. I tried on a 4P and they fit!

Then I thought I was trying on a size 22 coat. (I usually would look for a 24 or 26.) I thought it was okay.....just a little tiny bit small, but something I could definately wear and I could grow into it through the winter. I looked at the tag again and realized that I couldn't afford it...then I realized it was actually a size 18-20! I couldn't believe it!:blushing:

Then I went to JC Penny's and the 2x was too small...:cursing:...Oh well I think I'll focus on my NSV at Lane Bryant. I used to love that store and now I can't wait until I can't shop there any more!!!

The girls in the office today recommended this thrift store for cheap in-between jeans. So I look for jeans and I finally see this one pair of petite jeans. There were a size 18P Sonoma brand for $4 so I thought I would get them and they can be a goal. I started in a size 22 and they are baggy, but my only jeans so I wore them today. So I just got home from Denver (7 hr drive) and I hold them up and say to myself that there is NO WAY, but I'll try and see how far I get...they will be my first pair of "goal jeans".

Guess what...yep! THEY FIT!!!! Not comfy enough to lounge around the house, but I can wear them out if I want to. WOW! What a day. My first fill and this!

Congratulations....That is great! Loose jeans are wonderful! Mine are getting loose now, too! I haven't had to go shopping for a new size, yet though.

Yesterday, I did try on a skirt suit that I had bought on clearance back in the summer. It was too tight when I got it home from the store, but now it fits!!! YAY!!!

That's great julie.ann

My NSV - I cleaned out my closet. I took five bags of too big clothes to Goodwill, and brought out the box of clothes I put away years ago.

When I started this journey I was just barely in a 24 - barely at the top end - the laying down to zip my pants kind 'cuz no way was I going to admit I was really a 26. I am now squarely in a 20!

Another NSV - I actually look at myself in the mirror in the morning. If it is possible for a person to put on make-up without ever really focusing on how they look - that's what I was doing. I couldn't stand to look at myself. Now, I do. And I'm actually liking what I see.

Edited by KarenK
'cuz I thought of another one!

Karen, I totally feel you. I used to HATE HATE looking in the mirror, especially at the hair salon! Now I see like a new person and so I look not in vanity but in a "is that me??" kinda way!!

My NSV, I actually took a full body pic next to our Christmas tree and I loved it! I was in denial about how big I was for a while. My mom always told me I looked fine and so did my BF. Now they are both telling me that I was huge and they were trying to be supportive so I didnt feel down about myself! I understand them.

Edited by LoveIslovely
typo

Yep! It's a wonderful feeling I will admit. I started out in a very tight 22 and bought a pair of size 20 (blue light special) Lee jeans last night and the girls at work said "Why did you buy new jeans that are too big?" and they were right. Butt is very baggy and waist is too big. My size 00 friend asked why I didn't have my belt on. Ha ha ha ha I've never owned a belt. My hips, A** and belly were always there to hold them up.

Hey everyone...how do you get the niftly little ticker thingamajig at the bottom of your screen? Im a newbie--just joined tonight and don't know much. Can someone educate me, puleez?

My band date: Oct 27, 08

Weight lost: 22 #s

Start weight: 250.5

Height: 5'5"

Start BMI: 40

Current weight: 228

Goal weight: 145

Weight to go: 83 #s

Had some trouble over the holidays, but tried on my size 20 jeans yesterday and they are draggin'...so that's a NSV. Was unable to wear my 20's comfortably when I started and now my 18s are actually very comfy.

Hey everyone...how do you get the niftly little ticker thingamajig at the bottom of your screen? Im a newbie--just joined tonight and don't know much. Can someone educate me, puleez?

My band date: Oct 27, 08

Weight lost: 22 #s

Start weight: 250.5

Height: 5'5"

Start BMI: 40

Current weight: 228

Goal weight: 145

Weight to go: 83 #s

Had some trouble over the holidays, but tried on my size 20 jeans yesterday and they are draggin'...so that's a NSV. Was unable to wear my 20's comfortably when I started and now my 18s are actually very comfy.

Great job!

To put a ticker at on your signature all you have to do is click on one of our tickers. That will take you to the website where you can make your own. At the end it will give you an address that you can copy and paste into your signature so it will show on all your posted. To get to your signature touch on "quick links" at the top and edit signature. If you put in a code you don't have to rebuild the ticker.....you will be able to click on it again and update it without editing your signature again.

Welcome! This site is awesome. The blogs have been a good journal for me. You can see mine here: Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - My Secret Journey

I am excited about my NSV today! I suggested a motorcycle ride to my hubby this morning since it was such a nice day, just a little cold (38F). :tt2: So, I put my leathers on and... Yippee! I can actually put on my chaps all by myself! :thumbup:

Previously, I had to have hubby "dress" me and it really took some doing to get that leather zipped around my thighs! I had to have a 4" extender for the waist and that is now gone! :mad: I can now "dress" myself!!!

I got the chaps on and tried on my hubby's leather coat, it fit too!

It was a GREAT ride!!!

Congratulations on your loss!!! I too was banded October 2008. I have only lost 10 pounds though. I go for my third fill on tuesday. I currently have 5.6cc in 10 cc band. I need major motivating. Also, how do you get your ticker on your post?