Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back with the crazy-ates

Been away for a while, but i'm back and back on track. Got a little side-tracked for a while and the weight stayed the same, so now its time to step it up again and go all out. Hope everyone is still doing good....Dave

Hi, Dave.

I've been AWOL, too. My weight loss more than plateaued, it flat-lined!

I'm in serious need of some support and possibly a kick in the pants, too!

Hope some more of our Crazy Ates are still around!

Welcome back Dave and Pam. I too havent been around here much lately either. My weight loss has pretty much stopped but it is all my doing. Snacking too much and not exercising enough has its consequences. Many things have been going on lately, my bf proposed to me on my 40th birthday. I said yes of course :thumbup:. Soooo.... there will be lots of stress getting ready for the wedding, we plan to marry in May of 09. I am also scheduled for PS in Jan. Having an arm and breast lift, a couple things I feel safe having done before I reach my goal and it will help me look better in my wedding dress. Once the stress of planning a wedding is over, not to mention the holidays and the PS, I will be around here looking for that kick in the butt also to get myself moving toward my goal weight. I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and has a merry christmas!!

Pam

post-221735-13813137901748_thumb.jpg

Add me to the list too! Sadly, I even gained 15 lbs the past couple of months. Argh! I'm going to take all the blame for it, even though it's been a rough 6 months on my own.

I'm not sure if you all remember, but I relocated from MN to CA in May. I love it here, but it really threw me off-track being on my own. Here's the saga of my efforts to get into a bariatric program here.

First, I had a 60 day waiting period before my new insurance kicked in, so I scheduled an appointment with my new PCP for the first day I had coverage and then got my referral to Program 1. After a month of waiting, I met with someone from the program and found out at the last moment that they wanted me to pay $500 cash up front just to get into the program, and then pay cash for fills, even though my insurance cover them. I was furious! So, I took my file and called around about another program. I needed to switch primary care providers to get into the next place, so I took care of that, got another referral, and then dropped my files off at Program 2. Their policy is to have the surgeon review my files and approve new patients before even scheduling a consult, so I sat tight. FOUR MONTHS of waiting followed that. When I called to ask how things were coming, they'd tell me the file was sitting on his desk, he was very busy and they couldn't do anything to push it along. Every call resulted in more rude and curt comments. Finally, I filed a complaint with my insurance company against them and picked up my files.

So, I called around and found Program 3. Happily, the very friendly assistant told me I just needed to get a referral and they could schedule my consult, then my first fill after that. That simple... no extra fees, no waiting or games. Imagine that!

So, at this point, I'm waiting for my PCP to do the referral, and then I can hopefully get rolling at long last.

Thankfully, I haven't had any ocmplications, and I did maintain for most of that time, even if I didn't lose during that time. I know it's no excuse at all, but I think I used all this frustration as an excuse to lose control and eat wayy too many carbs and junk food, and my grazing habits came back (eating out of boredom all day).

BUT, I'm ready to start over. I have to start over. I hate that my nice "normal" size jeans are too tight now, and that my belly is bigger again. So, I took the first steps today. I bagged up the sugar, flour and anything carby in the house to either go to a neighbor or a food shelf. I'm planning out groceries that will be back to the proper eating plan.

I know I need to stick strictly to the plan for awhile so I can rebuild the good habits I was learning before I lost track.

So, what do you say? Shall we keep tabs on each other and wake up the support group? I need you all!

I can't log on from work, but I'll do my best to get in here and check in at least a few times a week, if not every night. Are you in?

Missed ya!

Donna

I have slowed way, way down too :), but my daughter got a wii fit for xmas so we have been playing on that a lot.

I need to chime in here too. Weight came off easier for the first 4-5 months. Now it is really slowed. My fault entirely. I wish I would've had the restriction at first that I have now. I will try to check in more often. Hopefully checking in will be the support I need to get jump started.