Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how are the post ops doing?

Good morning all,

I am 3 days post op. Pain is def more tolerable. Port site is annoying. But I think I will get used to that..... ( I hope)

I don't think I am eating enough. But I am not hungry. I ate some really great cream of wheat. so good. I am drinking my Protein Shakes.

So how are you all doing??

Keri

I am 12 days post op and finally starting to get my energy back. I didn't really have an appetite the first few days either. I am also starting to get that back as well. I am trying really hard to stick to the plan. I start regular foods on Wed. I am really looking forward to that.

I am thirteen days post-op and I am feeling pretty awesome. I have a bit of incision pain where the port is from time to time but that is not major.

I am still on liquids but get to start mushies on Tuesday. I am very excited about that. I figure my weight loss may slow a bit when I do but that is okay as well. I am just ready to move forward.

3 days post-op here....had a really BAD day yesterday...it started later in the day, pain and gas was incredible! But I woke up today and felt so much better....still sore, of course, but better! Not very hungry either, but trying to get in my Protein Shakes, had two so far today....cream of wheat sounds yummy, I going to have that for dinner! Hope everyone is hanging in there and getting better!!!

You guys are sooo lucky, i'm not allowed to have full fluids until Tuesday and then after 7 days I can go on mushies. :laugh:

Surgery Date: November 20th

Glad everyone is doing well!! After tomorrow I'll be postop! :laugh:

Two days postop here, doing okay. I just got back from a little shopping trip to Target and ToysRUs for a little Christmas shopping. That went pretty good, though I feel pretty tired now. Even clear fluids are making me full and I am very thirsty. Not at all hungry. I have had mostly broth and diet V8. Had a little bit of thinned cream of chicken this morning. Kind of had to make myself eat it more than wanted it. I should probably try to get in a couple of Protein shakes too if I can today, but I doubt it. Just not hungry. I can see things on TV and think they look good, but the idea of eating is just unappealing. My belly area is rumbling like mad and I am passing gas like a champ. No gas pains today and the incision pain is not bad. I have only needed one dose of the Lortab today so far.

I am doing good.

11 days post op here. Doing great just a bit tired but not too bad. Im not really hungry but wish I could chew on something rather than drink it. I go to mushies on Wednesday so atleast I will have a change.

3 weeks post op and I'm doing great! I feel like my old self again! All the derma-bond has come off my incisions and I now have scars! YAY!LOL! I'm on my second week of mushies-blah! It's funny cause I was so excited to move to mushies and now I'm so sick of the darn blending all the time. Although I am allowed eggs which is good. I have my first fill December 16. I'm SO looking forward to it but also kind of nervous.

11 days post op and feeling pretty good. I had quite bad shoulder pain for about a week despite walking walking and more walking. The best relief from it was letting the shower just beat down on my shoulder for a while.

Only one steri-strip has fallen off so far. My port site is still a little uncomfortable but bearable.

I've lost 4 lbs post-op. I'm just starting to feel hungry again. I get to start mushies on Thanksgiving :blush:.

Good luck to those about to be banded!

I'm feeling much better now. I am 4 days out. Still really sore but I don't feel nauseated or have diareha anymore. I cannot spell that word for the life of me. Not hungry at all and I start full liquids on monday yay.

One week postop now, down 16.5 pounds, doing GREAT! I feel wonderful, spent the day shopping shopping shopping the sales. I have great restriction, am being creative with my liquid diet and am not really struggling at all. Life is good.

I spoke too soon about my diarrhea being gone...it came back to play this evening. :blush:

Froggi, it will likely be all liquid until you add solids to your diet. But it should calm down and only be a couple of times a day.

I had the same problem as Froggi a few days ago, but yesterday/today I'm constipated! How can this be??? I'm 9 days post-op and on full liquids....strange, no?

Froggi, glad your feeling better! When I hit day 6, that's when I felt like my old self again...still swollen, but not so much sore anymore.