Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Closer! I finally have my consult with Dr. Ren on Wednesday!

Wow, this journey finally feels like it is moving along! 6 months medically supervised weight loss, then collecting all the documentation and finding out I actually need 2 years of dcoumentation of being overweight! The first information session over a year ago, then the psych exam, the nutrional assesment, the physical and wow, days from meeting with Dr. Ren herself! To me it is ironic that it is the day before Thanksgiving! Also, back in July or so, I calculated that the Monday before Thanksgiving would have been a good day for surgery for me - timing wise.

Question for NYU'ers with Cigna - when can I expect to get a surgery date? Months from now, or perhaps early January?

I know you can't tell me for sure, just wondering what other people experienced. Also, for Dr. Ren patients, they say to bring your spouse for the consult - is this 100% mandatory? My spouse is traveling and won't be available. I don't want to reschedule! He is 100% behind me on this and will be there for surgery, etc.

Any insights and experiences you can share will be appreciated!

Thanks!j

I had my surgery with Dr. Ren on 12/31/07. She is FANTASTIK. When I first discussed the band with my husband he was against it. After a while he said he would not stand in my way but he difinitely did not come with me to meet Dr. Ren. I have lost 102 pound and am thrilled.

GOOD LUCK!!!

I have Cigna, but Dr. Kurian was my surgeon. I think the surgery date depends on the surgeon's schedule rather than insurance. One issue I had was that the office did not submit my paperwork to Cigna until the last minute (three days before my scheduled date). It was very stressful but I got approved. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!