Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long is your post-op diet?

Just wondering how long everyone's post-op diet is? If I follow my dr.'s orders I will still be on mushies when I get my first fill? I'm supposed to be on mushies for 4 weeks! It's getting old already. I have zero restriction and it sucks! So, how long is your post-op diet?

I am on full liquids for 3 weeks then start to purreed foods as tolerated. I have to drink my Protein Drinks 2 times a day.

I have a post op appt next wednesday.

Keri

I am close to the end of my two weeks on liquids. I then start four weeks of mushies. At the end of the four weeks, I will get my first fill and start on soft solids for another couple of weeks and then on to solids.

Hey all,

I am on liquids for two weeks (banded Nov 17th) then mushies for two weeks, then slow transition to solid food. I'm just at the end of my first week of liquids and doing okay.

The head hunger is what I'm fighting...I want a cheeseburger so bad I can practically taste it, but the stories I've read about pb'ing have kept me sane.

Found out I really LIKE chicken broth - it's wonderful on a cold afternoon:wub:

Hang in there!:smile2:

I was banded on Oct. 29th and I am eating tuna, Beans and foods like that. Tomorrow I am going to have chicken parmasawn (sp), so that will be my first try at meat. Wish me luck. On Thanksgiving I am going to have a little turkey and mashed potatoes and a veggie. So I am slowly getting back to normal foods. All doctors are different in what they tell their patients. Maggies:shades_smile:

My husband and I are being banded on Dec 4-5 and our post op diet is only 3 days of liquids then real food. We don't even need to go on mushies although we will for a few days.

I am on one week of Clear Liquids, one week of full liquids, one week of mushies, and then I get to move on to regular foods. I think I'm feeling pretty lucky now...Then again, my surgeon had one week of clear liquids pre-op and a lot of other people I know with different surgeons got to at least drink Protein Shakes, so I guess he's stricter before surgery rather than after.

I had my surgery onNov 19 & am on clear liquids for 2 weeks:cursing: I was on clear liquids for 2 weeks prior to surgery as well. On the third week I can have all liquids, Then on the 4th weeks i can start mushies. I would kill for even a bowl of cream of chicken Soup right now!!!

Clear liquids for 24 hours postop, then full liquids for two weeks, mushies for two weeks, soft foods for two weeks, then normal diet. I get my first fill four weeks from surgery, so right before christmas.

Days 1-3 clear liquids,.Days 4-7 add v-8 juice skim milk,Decaf coffee. Days 8-22 add Cottage cheese, string cheese, eggs, Tofu,Refried Beans, Turkey deli type,Baked fish. Days 23 up add one food at a time so you don't get sick.

Sample Meal Day 9 Breakfast 1/4 c cottage cheese, lunch 1 oz string cheese, dinner 2 oz deli turkey.

Would think we all have the same guidelines

Do not overfill your new pouch or stomach structure, or If you vomit call your Surgeon immediately. Ether of these could cause band slippage. Easy does it is our motto for now, takes about 5 weeks for things to heal.

Clear liquids week one. Full liquids week 2. mushies week 3 and 4. Full diet after week 4.

My post-op diet varies based on individual tolerance and is as follows:

Stage 1 - Clear Liquids for 3-5 days

Stage 2 - Full Liquids for 2-7 days

Stage 3 - Blended Diet for 2-4 weeks

Stage 4 - Soft Diet beginning around 3-4 weeks post op

Stage 5 - Life long healthy eating - around 8 weeks post op

(Alcohol can be added at about 6 months after surgery in limited amounts and used very cautiously) YIPPEE!!

I'm very successfully at the soft diet stage, but really miss my caffeine, which I'm not supposed to have.:thumbup:

My post-op diet was 1 week clear liquids, 1 week mushies and 4 weeks soft solids. at week 6, I will be on full solids. I can't wait for the first fill, which will be the 30th of December. I have no restriction what so ever and I'm always so hungry! I'm trying to fight it, because I don't want to PB and I'm scared of stretching my pouch.