Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back, had my plastic surgeries...

Hello, everyone, just wanted to update everyone on my tt and Lipo. Well, I got back last night and I'm really exhausted. The whole thing was really hard, it is quite uncomfortable. The tt itself didn't hurt and doesn't hurt, its all really numb. The all over lipo is what I'm sore from and was even more just out of surgery. I went into the surgical room at 10:30 am to get drawn on and prepped and at about noon I went into surgery. It was a really long surgery, I didn't get out until about 7 or 8 pm. The doctor says that the body liposculpting is time consuming as he has to hit all the fat deposits on the body. I mean everywhere. Arms, upper and lower back, the side of my breast, the fatty spot between your breast and armpit, waist, thighs (inner & outer), butt, just everywhere. I am still swollen from all the lipo. Then he did my tt and injected some fat into my butt to give it a rounder look, I can't see any difference there, yet, my lower back is too swollen. It was hard for me, there were nights I layed there and thought what the hell did I do to my body??? Am I crazy, how can anyone cause so much pain to themselves???? You wonder? I can't tell you how many times I promised God to let me get through this and I will never do this again... I stayed in the hospital 2 1/2 days and that was really good, the hospital is a private hospital and I was so well taken care of, the nurses don't speak Eng., but since I speak Spanish there were no communication issues. They were there for my every request and question. Let me tell you I'm not an easy patient to take care of, I think I wore out the nurse call button, I'm sure they were glad to see me go. The doctor and his staff were incredible, just wonderful, answered all my questions and concerns before and after surgery. He would come see me 2 or 3 times a day, which was wonderful. The first time they took my full body girdle at the hospital to clean my incision, I looked at my scar and belly button and got really anxious and nervous and almost passed out, I started crying and got really uspet with the whole thing. That was when reality hit me what I had done and how major this was, so it was quite disturbing at the time, The nurse ran to get the oncall Dr and he stayed with me until I calmed down and didn't feel like I was going to pass out. I have to say that if you are planning on doing this, make sure you will have someone with you 24/7 to help you, you will not be able to do this alone. It is not easy. But it will be worth it once its all done. I am still in between, I don't know if this was the right thing to do and I'm sure it will be the right thing to do. Its just hard. The whole time I was in pain, all I could think of, I could have taken a two week vacation in Hawaii with my husband with all the money I spent and I could be having fun enjoying myself, instead of being in pain. My mom and stepdad where wonderful, they took awesome care of me and my kids, my oldest daughter also helped me out alot, she's great. I was nervous about my little one not understanding and wanting to jump on me or what not, but he was great, he was told mommy had boo boo's and he would try to stay away from me. Well, that was my ordeal, Its two weeks today, so I'm still not out of this, it will take a while, but it looks like I'm going to be okay. Oh, I forgot to tell you all, the shunt for drainage is a pain in the ass, I hated that thing so much, I just had it out on Friday morning, I was draining more than the usual and the Dr. had to leave it in longer, oh my what a pain in the butt, that was the worse thing about this. Well, I'm glad to be back, I have tons of work to do. The best thing is to be back home and to see my husband, I sure missed him, it would have been easier to have him on my side during the recovery. Well, got lots to do and will have to come back and read up on what everyone has been doing these past two weeks.

Thank you to everyone's prayers.

Love,

e

You know what, girl? The pain will be so, so worth it in the end. I bet everyone else will be as envious as me! I'm glad to see you back home safe. You'll start feeling a touch better every day, then suddenly you'll be this hot thang and the pain will be a distant memory. I'm really happy for you and smiling to think of how great you'll look and feel.

Actually, I don't think I could ever do it. I had Carpal Tunnel surgery and nearly had the same nervous breakdown when they removed the bandages to take out 8 tiny stiches in a scar less than 2 inches. Some people actually enjoy all the bodily injury stuff, but I'm with you!

Thank you Delarla, I still have three stitches in my belly button and I'm dreading having to go get them taken out on Wed, those things just turn my stomach inside out and make me want to pass out, good thing, I'll be laying down. Well thanks a bunch for your kind words.

I'm glad you're OK and am sending you vibes for quick and uneventful healing. I don't think I could ever go through any PS, even if it's minor. I'm just too terrified of surgery in general. But you're gonna be gorgeous!! :(

Wow you are stronger than you think .. Glad you are back and on the recovery side.. You are going to look awesome.

Hey Girl - so glad to hear from you! Weve been thinking about ya!

Has the swelling gona down any? What about bruising... is there any of that too?

Hang in there - the worst part is over! ((hugs)) & prayers!

and Lisa's right, we're all going to be so jealous over that fine new bod!

Estela: I did get your phone call and I came here and posted for you. I am so thankful that you are safe and sound back home. Did the weather play a factor in your travel? I am so incredibly jealous right now. I want my arms done so bad but just can't seem to get the nerve up or the money to go for a consult. Not to mention the horrible scar that goes along with the arm surgery. SIGH!! I am truly happy for you and can't wait to see pics of the before and after. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Give your sweet precious children a hug and kiss for me. They are such dolls.

HUGS

Estela, Iam so glad you are home a recovering. Like all the others, it will be worth it in the end. Rest up and looking forward to thebefore and after pics.

I know when I had breast agmentation ( lift & implants) I thought the same thing, "What did I just do"

the pain was horrendous, that is a memory that keeps me from wanting any plastic surgery done now. Like Penni, I have thought of getting my arms done but the scar and the pain is what keeps me from pursuing it.

I hope once the swelling goes down you are very happy with the results :(

too hard to tell right now I'm sure

I'm so happy for you, I can't wait to see your pic's

I just cancelled a surgery for my chin and eyes planned for next week due to the cost, 13K.

I'm looking in depth for Mexico options, can you give us more details, who? how much? where?

So far Monterrey Mx has the best deals and results.

Editing cause I just read your doc was Ernesto Castellanos, how did you become aware of him? does he have a websight?

Thanks Vera

Oh it's so good to see you posting!!! Penni let us know when she heard from you, but now I'm glad you are home. I'm thinking the worst is over and it can only get better and easier from here. I cannot WAIT to see your pics!! Rest up, my friend. Heal well. Thanking God the He gave you this one gift of beauty, however painful. You made it through! You made it home! God bless you!

You all are so wonderful. I was so tired yesterday from being back to work, I was so tired last night, my dh thaught I was sick, cause he said I looked really pale. But I was just very tired from going all day and not taking a break. I plan on going home today at lunch and taking a little nap, and then I'm going to try and get out of here early, I don't want to push my body and get sick. I put it through some major trauma and it needs time to heal. My surgeon does have a website, but its only in Spanish and he doesn't speak English (which is a problem from some of you). I guess I'll have to go with you all to interpret.. I got all that for $5500, which is an awesome deal, inlcudes hospital (I stayed 2 1/2 days) and all blood work, all aftercare. I discovered him through a friend, she had his band and ps done by him and then I did the same. He is so super awesome, I am kind of a neurotic, overbearing person, so I demand alot and he did everything I wanted, he listened to my concerns, answered all my questions and was just overall fabulous.

I didn't get my arms reduced by getting cut, he just did Lipo, they were not that bad, so maybe I'll get away w/ just this. I have to wear a restricted garment on my arms as well so the skin won't hang. I tell you what the worst part of all this is wearing this stupid full body girdle its getting to me. I'm all about comfort and this is a bit much, I have two more weeks of it, I hope I can make it. Last night, I went to bed w/ out it and it felt so good, but its on again this morning. Got to wear it if I want results. Has anyone heard of a tea that helps the body get rid of swelling? My cousin was telling me I should take some tea, that helps the body heal and get rid of swelling, let me know if you know what she's talking about.

Penni, I really appreciate you posting for me and letting everyone know I was okay. I didn't have access to a computer at my mom's house. And I will sure give the kids your hug and kiss, they ask about you, my friend the one with the big hotel in Orlando. They are getting so big, I can't hardly believe it. My four year old little girl has taken to doing her hair, she is so funny, she can do pony tails and can braid it by twisting the crap out of it, she is so cute. Well, thanks again gals for all the encouragement and your good thoughts. Oh, by the way, I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 150 lbs, yippiii. I am still very swollen, and blk and blue, so probably when all this goes down, I'll be at 145 and that much closer to goal. I am so happy even though I'm still uncomfortable. Well, chat with you all later.

Love you.

Estela, I'm so happy for you! You sound great. I too had to wear that stupid "girdle" and it's a big pain. But it's important. I wore it cause when I had my mastectomy they took tissue from my belly for the reconstruction. So I had a Tummy Tuck & I'll get another one later this year, (some stitches stick out & I still get some pain in the muscles they cut). Does your garment have an opening so you can go to the bathroom without taking it off? Mine did. Please keep us posted on your continued recovery.

WELCOME HOME - BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY!!!!!

So happy your home sweetie!!! Well I know some of the pain your going through. I too had Lipo of the stomach- thighs & butt. Please I know you won't- but you must be EXTRA careful about any weight gain in the future. My tush is now & has been deformed for years bacause I gained weight after lipo. It looks awful- the GREAT news is it seems to be getting better as I lose my weight with the band.

Don't those over garmets suck the big one! you poor thing- I feel the frustration & not to mention its summertime! Wow- I waited till winter just because I knew about those horrible garments. Well you take extra care of yourself & stay thin. Your TT will have been the best thing you could have done- i think all women should have one if they are able too. The Lipo- for me thats a different story. Except the Lipo under my chin was FANTASTIC> Good Bless & I am so happy your safe & sound. Can't WAIT FOR THE PHOTOS!!!