Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my surgery on Nov. 3 rd. I lost some weight the first week or so, but since I have gained 2 pounds. I dont know what is wrong. I can eat any kind of food and it takes me almost the same amount to get full as before the surgery. I called my Docs. office to tell them what was going on but his nurse told me to stop eating so much! I mean if it were that easyl I would not have gotten the surgery. I am working the best I can ( I am still alittle sore) so I should be dropping something.:) I am so stressed this almost seems worthless. The nurse also said that I haven't gotten a fill so that is why I am eating as much. Gosh I dont know if I might be one of that percent that the lapband doesn't work for. I feel like crying so hard. Can someone tell me if this is at least kinda normal. Am I expecting to much to soon?

We got banded the same day! And I can eat a lot too! I was worried but not so much anymore. I honestly just limit my portions. It's hard cause I do get hungry but I'm still on mushies so that does help limit my portions. I wouldn't freak out about it, it is normal.

I was banded 11/3 too! Did you ever meet with a nutritionist? My nutritionist gave me a list of foods to eat through each stage. I have stuck to the list completely and have lost 12lbs so far. Are you walking or getting any exercise? Even though I may not have restriction right now because I don't have a fill I act like I do. I act like if I eat too much to fast it is going to get stuck or make me throw up because when I do get fills this is what is going to happen if I don't be careful. It's all psychological. Don't give up yet on yourself or the band. I keep telling myself this is just the begining and it will only get better from here.

I was banded on 9/22 and got my first fill 11/11. Although I do feel some restriction now I am still able to eat about the same as before the fill. And yes, I was hungry after the effects of the surgery wore off. I have plateaued for now. Most of the bandsters says it will take several fills to reach your " sweet spot" the place at which you eat enough to be satisfied and stay that way longer and lose 1-2 lbs. a week. Don't forget about exercising. It is very important because with all the pre and post op dieting your metabolism decreased so you need to exercise to get it back up. Good luck and don't fret.

I am working out alittle walking long walks at a higher speed. That is why I am so surprised. I was looking at the weight that you all lost and it seems about the same as mine. I guess I am not doing as bad as I thought. Thank you guys so much. I will post again and let ya'll know how I am doing.