Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Big Fat Pig

Guest lilpugowner

Guest lilpugowner

Hi Everyone...I Haven't Posted In A Very Long Time But I Read Everyones Postings...i Just Haven't Needed To Say Anything Until Now...i Was At Work Yesterday At A Little Bbq That My Work Had For Us. As I Sat With Four Other Co-workers We Began The Usual Banter Between Us...we All Get Along Great...except For One Of Them..i Have Always Felt That She Was Very Vulgar And Just Don't Like Her Personality..well As We Were Talking I Has Made A Comment About Having To Work So Hard And Such Long Hours ( I Work 10 Hours)..she Turns Around And Says "well That Becouse You're A Fat Pig" Talk About The Shock Of Your Life...i Was Stunned The Other Three People Just Sat There And Then She Started A Nervous Laugh And Tried To Say Oops Sorry...i Told Her To Save Her Sorries And That She Was Completely Out Of Line..i Got Up And Walked Away..i Cried For The Next 4-5 Hours I Did Tell My Supervisor And She Even Cried For Me..wow I Know I'm Fat But I've Never Been Told This Before. The Humiliation That I Felt (and Still Feel) Is Overwelming. I Go Back To Work On Monday To Have To Face All Of These People That Will Know What Happened..gosh I'm Sorry I Went On For So Long But I Could Go On Forever, I'll Stop Now...

........thank You All For Listening......

Mari Ann

Mari Ann - that is an incredibly sad person that could be so hateful. She must be very unhappy with herself to feel like she has to lash out at others. We can't change the way other people think but we can control how we feel about ourselves. Please don't allow that crazy comment to get stuck in your head. Realize her comment was more about her and her own unhappiness than it was about you. It still hurts a lot thought, and I send you HUGE {{{{hugs}}}}

I'm sorry something like this had to happen. It seems that hate and prejudice against heavy people is still okay in our society.

When I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter and trying to get out my car, I had a couple of guys drive by and yell "lose weight, fat a.." I know it hurts. I know this sounds stupid, but my husband and I actually call each other "Big Fat Pig". Not in a "mean" way but just like we would say "honey" or "sweetheart". Both of us have gained weight since we've been together (I've definetly gained more than him though). I've worked with some jerks too and even though your feelings are hurt now, just remember what goes around, comes around... and when it does, I wouldn't want to be her.

Hey girl,

She sounds like a very unhappy person. They always have to make everyone around them as unhappy as they are. You stick in there monday. Your friends will know her for what she is. I am sure she has made many insulting remarks to other people you work with.

shagamelic

What goes around comes around. And you can bet the impact of her words was not just on you. It was on her. There were others there that heard what she said and saw the ugliness of them. Badly done, vulgar girl. She will regret those words in so many ways...come Monday morning, no doubt. Hold your head high. Use her words not to wallow, but to encourage your determination. Just be careful to keep them in perspective. Don't allow them to haunt you at the expencse of your self-esteem.

"I can lose weight, but UGLY is to the bone!"

Mari Ann,

I feel for you, that was an awful thing that happened to you but you have to realize it is not you, it is her. I think that others at your work will see her in a new light come monday morning and I dont think she will like the place she has put herself in. You just stand tall and know that others support you and I am sure they will tell you on monday and hopefully you will come to know that she is the flawed one, not you! She is an icky person.

j.s.

People are unbelieveable! I am so sorry that you were made to feel that way. But just think of what a sad person she is to have made such an insensitive remark such as that.

I really do understand how you feel I was walking through the parking lot of toys rus and a man stopped his car and made horse and cow sounds at me. In front of my 2 year old son. I still havent gotten over that...

You are who you are ...big small short tall...we are all humans with a heart...its sad that some peoples are just a little black....here is a saying I always keep close to my heart....."When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it" Shallow people have shallow minds....Hold you head high...walk past ...and tell yourself your loved by a lot of people not just here ...but in your walk through life.......

I am so sorry someone said that to you, I give you credit for saying nothing to her, I would have made it worse by shooting off my mouth. Like someone just said. What goes around comes around. Perhaps she will find somone or something else she can hurt. People like that always do. They are really very unhappy idiots.

Mary Ann, do not let her comments get you as hard as it is...look at it like this, soon you will be able to laugh in her face..she is ignorant

Do not let what the others at work are going to think to get you down, Iam sure they were just as appaulled as you were at her comment and will see her for her true colors.

What a jerk !

Maryann, I have a feeling that this is not about your weight, I have a feeling that she is very jealous of you for some reason. Maybe you are smarter, prettier, friendlier and she is envious.

Please don't let that little snot get to you. You sound like such a wonderful person.

Hugs and Kisses !!!!

Guest lilpugowner

Thank you all so much....I just needed to hear some words of kindness and you all came through...I will walk in there on Monday with my head held high...I could never Thank you all enough...All of you just made what she said into a big fat nothing.....I knew you guys would help, and you did...

"HUGS TO ALL"

Mari Ann

Any form of verbal abuse- is abuse!! Be it in jest or serious it is uncalled for and not exceptable. I was in an abusive marriage & know all to well the mental damage it can do years later. I also happen to be an extremely strong woman & secure. BUT abusive languge is not right- in anyform when directed in angry towards anyone. I would right that gal up on an official report at the company & demand a sincere apology!

As to going back to work- I am sure you will find that the majority of people were just as offened by her words as you were. I bet you find more support on Monday than you ever thought. Head up you beautiful woman you! Be strong & be kind. Good Luck

She was nasty and you better believe just as it has stayed on your mind she is thinking about all weekend and trying to figure out what she is going to do come Monday. The best thing for you to do come Monday is keep your head held high and be your normal self. She is the one who is obviously feels threatend by you. Maybe because you are more beautiful then she is inside or outside, maybe you are a better employee. Obviously you are or she would not have had a need to lash out in such a stupid way. Kill her with your joy. Stay positive and keep your beautiful smile on she won't know what to do. No more crying, God is awesome and he loves you. You bring too much joy to others to be be overwhelmed with that nut.:)

I have also had many things that have hurt my feelings, or took me aback from what other people said to me...but one thing still stays in my mind from what my mentor has taught me....NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR, WITHOUT YOUR CONCENT!!! I keep that in mind when people are rude, or insecure about themselves that they have to hate on others. And I just walk away from the situation...like nothing happened..I am still smiling..like always..and that makes them feel...weird..cause they were trying to hurt me. They soon forget and it was nothing..words are words... and yea deep down they may have hurt..but like they say..you shouldnt judge other people, and well then there is carma!!! gotta love that one...what goes around..comes back to bite you in your a** more over.