Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year Challenge

Hi All,

I am actually at the goal now that I set. I have had some great sucesses the last few weeks. Keep it up everyone, I know these times can be challenging with so many goodies, but remember sometimes just a taste can satisfy! :tongue2:

I was at 249.8 when I weighed-in on Friday, and my goal was 248, so I'm almost there. I'm going to go out on a limb here and re-set my goal to 244 - 60 pounds from my pre-band weight. I'll be happy to get to my original goal, but I'll be ECSTATIC to hit the new one!

Hurrah for hitting your goal Carramia! And you are exactly right, it usually takes just a taste of things to satisfy the desire for goodies. Then comes the hard part of overcoming the want for MORE!!! I'm having more and more success with that, so that's a step in the right direction.

Challenge start = 281

Current 273.8

Challenge Loss to date = 7.2

Keep up the good work everyone!:confused_smile:

My weight has been stuck at the same point for the last couple of weeks! Argh! Oh well, at least it is not going up. I hope to reach my goal, 6 lbs to go!

I've actually had my fill moved up from Feb to this Friday because I've been getting hungry sooner, and can burp again (which is my first sign of less restriction).

I'm hoping it will help with my plateau too. I'm definitely eating more now than 2 weeks ago, though I have been making good food choices.

I still have 3.7lbs to lose to get to my goal. But having stood still for two weeks, I'm wondering if I'm going to make it.

Well.... My New Year's Challenge was 214... I stepped on the scale today and it was 209... So I don't have any idea what to set for a goal - I'm just going to keep on keeping on and I end up wherever I end up...

Headed for my 5th fill today and I can't wait to see the surgeon's face when I show up with a 17 pound loss for the last 4 weeks... :blushing: Boy I love the gym and sweat...

Brad

Great job Brad! You rock! You've got to tell us what your surgeon said after you've been to see him.

In fact great job everyone! I reckon us All-Stars are an amazing bunch. :blushing:

I realise that despite my moaning about plateauing, since my last visit to my Dr on the 6th of November, I've lost 9.7lbs. That's just under 2lbs a week, which is right on track for me to be honest. :mad2:

Congrats on busting through the plateau Shamrock! Those plateau's are so pesky!

Lellow, thanks for the kind words! You're going to be at goal well before the end of your summer! It's it amazing how much better we all feel since August? I can't wait for next August!

I did get my 5th fill today and the surgeon looked my chart over and called me his poster child. :thumbup: I bet I had a grin from ear to ear.

Good luck to everyone and congrats on your losses!

Brad

Finally broke my plateau! Down just over a lb only but I'll take it! It means it's going in the right directon. Plus I have a fill tomorrow!

Brad, thanks, matey! I also hope I'll be at goal by the end of summer. And you're right I can't believe how much things have changed for us since August. I actually have an initial consult with a PS in late January, too. Very excited about that - I have quite a lot of loose skin, even from prior to my weight loss, from having 4 (big) babies. :shades_smile:

Well, to recap on the challenge for me: 0.4lbs from my first set goal of 10lbs, but 2.4lbs from my revised goal of 12lbs.

Edited by lellow

The scale won't budge! Argh.

Went to the dr today about my port and he doesn't want me to run again (& no exercise) until next Wed. I am doing better, but still have some pain. Hope the pain is all gone by next week and I will be back on the road again!

Well, I am not where I wanted to be at this time, but at least it is down!

I am thinking at this point, I may only lose 8 instead of 12. I am down 6 lbs so far and I hope with the workouts coming up I will get another 2 off.

I am going to try and run a 5k next July hopefully at my goal weight.