Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2009 - New York City Banded Together-Lapband Talk National Event

Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?

Alex and I are working hard to put together the next "National LAP-BAND Conference".

As we are searching venues we are finding NJ is much cheaper than NYC. Per the poll most people are willing to spend $100.00 per night, we found a venue in NJ for $119.00 per night.

So we would like to know if you guys are ok with NJ or if you prefer to actually be in NYC.

At the last confernce the participants said they wanted to enjoy the host city, so you will get the opportunity to spend Saturday evening in NYC.

Alex and I would like an approximate head count as well. If you could answer these questions it will help us to plan an amazing conference for you guys.

What location do you prefer NYC or NJ (keep in mind NJ is much cheaper than NYC)?

We are going to post a poll of "Who's coming" so be sure to answer the poll question as well.

Alex and I hope you are as excited as we are, this is going to be an amazing conference. It will not be the same if you're not there!!

UPDATE

2009 - New York City Banded Together-Lapband Talk National Event<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

When:<o:p></o:p>

March 20-21, 2009<o:p></o:p>

Friday Meet & Greet 6pm-9pm EST<o:p></o:p>

Saturday Conference 8am-5pm EST<o:p></o:p>

Where:<o:p></o:p>

The Marriott LaGuardia Airport<o:p></o:p>

102-05 Ditmars Boulevard <o:p></o:p>

East Elmhurst, NY 11369 <o:p></o:p>

www.marriott.com/lgaap

Lodging:<o:p></o:p>

The Marriott LaGuardia Airport<o:p></o:p>

102-05 Ditmars Boulevard <o:p></o:p>

East Elmhurst, NY 11369

www.marriott.com/lgaap

We have a special rate of $139 for guest rooms at this lovely hotel. Be sure to book early,as the room block will sell out. <o:p></o:p>

There is a Friday reception, so come stay with us for the weekend! <o:p></o:p>

To book your reservation for the conference visit https://www.bandedtogether.net/Events.php<o:p></o:p>

Edited by CoachCher

I'm definately interested in attending.

I do not know the area, have never been to NYC or NJ.

I would say what venue gives you the better rate to reduce the costs for the attendees is the one to go with.

As I understand it, New York and New Jersey are very close to eachother. Perhaps one evening could be dedicated to an excursion ( Bus?) into the city to something that everyone in NYC thinks is the 'must see' thing to do. That is if the cost is significantly different as far as savings from New York to New Jersey.

Will meals be included in the package so people won't have to go out on their own?

What about airport shuttle for those of us who will fly in? Does the hotel offer that?

Do you have any ideas for topics thus far for the presenters?

Anything bilingual for our spanish speaking friends?

How exciting!!

Are NY or NJ the only venues under consideration? For purposes of convenience of travel (flying into NY or NJ is always such a hassle) and affordability, wouldn't other venues be more accessible?

Hi Patty,

Thanks for the great ideas.

The hotel will offer shuttle services to and from the hotel.

The conference will focus on "LIving the LAP-BAND Lifestyle" so we will have a mix of surgeons, nutritionist, and many others.

Hi Donna,

The NYC is the first conference of the year.

My hope is to have 4 conferences in 2009.

I will be in Houston the first weekend in December and will be discussing doing a conference in Houston in June 2009.

So keep your eye on the board for future venues.

That sounds great. :laugh:

I will definately come in March just tell me when and where. angcal26@netscape.net That would be awesome for me and my NJ friends.

Atlantic City sounds like a fun spot, not sure of the costs vs NYC.

I agree with Donna in ref to the busy airports, not to mention intimidating rush, rush, rush of things.

Maybe another East Coast location would be as accommodating, such as Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach offers a host of convention centers, as well as a huge variety of hotels. A more central, mid Atlantic area would also be more inviting to those further south,....just a suggestion.

Edited by HarleyNana

Voted no but not for lack of desire.

Just not possible this go round hopefully there will be others next year that I can go to.

I'm very interested in the LapBand Conference. I just need details for my mom who had the Gastric Bypass a few years back. We really want to do this...

I'd go depending on the exact date. Work and kid schedules being what they are.

I'm waiting for details.

I am very interested in going to the conference. I live in Maryland and travel to NYC several times a year as my daughter lives there. If fact, I plan trips for my friends to go to NYC a couple times a year but our group is usually under 10 people each time. As for hotels in NJ there are a lot of hotels in the Secaucus - Meadowlands area. There is also a bus that will take one into NYC stops in front of the hotels area of Secaucus. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and the Extended Stay hotels in that area. Only problem this area books up fast. There is also a hotel in NYC - Park Central that runs about $200-250 a night. It is close to Carnegie Hall. Hope this helps. BarbaraC :D:thumbup::unsure: