Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can u lose weight in your vagina?

Hey, Im sorry to bring it up, but im a big girl, 243 and havent had lp yet, just got my approval letter from doctore...but i have to wonder and I am very curious:blushing:, if all of this weight comes off with my vagina/labia get smaller? how do those models have smaller ones? is it because they are thin? I know-terrible subject but I am sure we all want to look good naked and thats one thing that I am so self concious of.

I worry about a droopy vagina! But I know I'd rather be thin with a droopy vagina then fat with a plump one! I am sure exercise will help tone up everything too.

Um, those models are like regular models - freaks of nature helped along by a few surgeries and a lot of airbrushing. Everyone who is thin does not have nice neat labia.

If you're an "outie" you're going to stay an outie.

Unfortunely, like with the rest of your body and weight loss, things are likely to look a tad saggier once the weight is gone. That's what light switches are for, lol.

Jachut you crack me up!!! LOL LOL LOL I'm sitting here giggling.....

I'm a bit older than some of you, and have lost 69 pounds so far. Mine is a bit saggier. It's true. I'm not happy about it, but hey, I look great in lingerie. That is an improvement. I hear they have surgery to fix this "little problem", but I'm not sure what it's called.

Well they do come in all shapes and sizes regardless of a woman's weight, etc. What you see in mags are not reality. Have you all heard of anus bleaching??? I swear it's a procedure one could endure if they were inclined to, but who the hell is going to see it??? egad!

Oh and for the record, the vagina is the opening and the labia, etc are call the vulva. So I don't think much happens with the vagina, if you had a big one from birthing babies etc, it's not going to get tighter as you lose weight. But for the vulva/labia they may get smaller.

As for the mons, the triangular piece of yourself that you see in the mirror when standing, (For me I have to pick up the dropping empty pannus to get a gander at mine) if you are morbidly or super morbidly obese that is a fat collection area and it does get stretched out. As you lose the weight is sags like the underside of ones arms, inner thighs, stomach etc. The only remedy is surgery, a mons lift. Which is typically done with a Tummy Tuck or other abdominal work.

I know because it's on my list of stuff to have removed with plastic surgery. I'm waiting on insurance approval as I type.

No, its impossible to lose weight from your vagina. Your vagina is a space internal, between the outer opening and your cervix. You can lose weight from your vulva or mons though. Its filled out with fat, so yes, you can lose fat there just like everywhere else. There's another thread around here about if you'd get a tuck done to the area to tighten it up again.

Hey, Im sorry to bring it up, but im a big girl, 243 and havent had lp yet, just got my approval letter from doctore...but i have to wonder and I am very curious:blushing:, if all of this weight comes off with my vagina/labia get smaller? how do those models have smaller ones? is it because they are thin? I know-terrible subject but I am sure we all want to look good naked and thats one thing that I am so self concious of.

All points are valid...I am out almost 6 months give or take a few days. About 2 months ago my Dh reached over to grab me...nothing left to grab in that area. No sagging or anything its just tighter skin that I can no longer grab a hold of. So to answer your question, Yes your vagina can shrink with weight loss. Good luck on your journey! And sex "feels" different, I mean the good kinda different!

My mons & labia are as fat as they were pre-op. I lost 120lbish with no change, so it actually looked really bad.. It sticks out farther than my legs.

Rest of me looking good and then a big eh down there.

I plan to check into a mons lift when I get a Tummy Tuck one day.

Yeah, depending on how much you lose and what you have going on as far as where your body stores fat.

I got lucky with this amazingly enough, I look perfectly normal. Even my "girls" look pretty good wthout a bra and my cup size hardly changed at all. I don't think I lost much fat in these areas because I didn't have much there to begin with.

However, my derriere is a wrinkly/saggy and I have some excess skin on my thighs.

I really think it is all a matter of where you carry your fat and how reslient your skin is. Your biggest problem areas do not always look their best post wls even if everything else shapes up well.