Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

ok ladies, i tired to load the picutres on my profile as an album but they kept coming in sideways, so i'll try them here as an attachment....drum roll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

post-251334-13813138811031_thumb.jpg

post-251334-1381313881148_thumb.jpg

post-251334-13813138811702_thumb.jpg

Hey! What do ya know, it worked!!!!!!

ok ladies, i tired to load the picutres on my profile as an album but they kept coming in sideways, so i'll try them here as an attachment....drum roll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You do look gorgeous!!! I hope the bride was beautiful!!

Hey! What do ya know, it worked!!!!!!

DD - you looked marvelous! Congrats!:thumbup:

DANG DD, you are HOT!

You look great DD...thanks for sharing!

thanks guys!!!!

way to boost my ego!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh girl you don't need us....do you OWN A MIRROR!!??

OMG!!! You are killing me here...LMAO I swear I almost choked on my Protein shake!!!

:scared2::lol::w00t:

Well, where's everyone been? Hope you all aren't doing as bad as I am. I'm still stuck at 70 lbs. lost, haven't lost in almost two months. I upped my gym program, and am trying to eat better, but still having cravings from the not smoking.

Well, where's everyone been? Hope you all aren't doing as bad as I am. I'm still stuck at 70 lbs. lost, haven't lost in almost two months. I upped my gym program, and am trying to eat better, but still having cravings from the not smoking.

Hi Elyse!

Still hangin' out...holding at 190ish, wanting to get below that, but right now, my body has called a halt to pound loss. I am losing inches, feeling pretty good, getting stronger.

I think my body just needs to adjust again...oh well! I still feel I have 20 pounds to go, people in my life are telling me I'm thin enough.

Keep logging your food and Water intake - that is the thing that always helps me get "unstuck" so to speak. It may just be that you need to maintain for a while. What are you doing to help build muscle? For me, I've been concentrating on walking and running, but I know I need to put some strength training back into my workouts. Gaining muscle weight will help you burn additional calories.

So I'm increasing / maintaining my Protein intake and trying to cut back on the carbs. I'm still a carb addict - I totally relate to the cravings you talk about (though for different reasons).

Hang in there - YOU stay consistent with your workouts and your eating, and your body will respond in it's own time. :closedeyes:

Hey Elyse~ I'm still here as well. 3 weeks post op and I'm still at the same weight. I was on my cycle which set the scale up about 5 lbs for 3-4 days but now I'm right back at good ole 185. I didnt go back to the gym last week as planned, I just got lazy and got caught up in sleeping in til 6am (which seems like heaven when your used to getting up at 4:45am to hit the gym). my doctor still hasnt given me a fill (did i tell you guys that I had to have a hernia repaired during my band slippage repair surgery?). She is waiting for the hernia to be completley healed before she gives me a fill. I started this whole thing at 280, So I am dying to get the last 5lbs off to be at 100 lost. To top it all off i am going to be 40 in 11 days. i would have liked to hit the 100 mark by then but it doent look like it is going to happen. Nonetheless, 4:45 wake up times are back in my life effective immediately.

how tall are you Ebony and DD? I'm 5'8" and I'd love to hit that 100 lbs mark too DD!! Then I'd be done! I've slacked off this last 6 weeks. I have a whole myriad of excuses but that's all they are, I've been lazy and uncommitted and it seems like this last 25 to 30 pounds is a lot of work. I was lucky that the first 70 just kinda came off without me doing much of anything. I'm still doing the c25k program, week three, thought it would kill me but it didn't. I walk the other three days, and strength train four days a week. I've been consistent the last three weeks and I honestly think that it's helped my cigarette cravings. I barely eat during the day but in the evenings....look out! So, today i'm going to try working out in the evenings instead, so that will at least take up an hour or two instead of me sitting around grazing out of boredom. Water? ! Ebony you are so right, I've really made an effort to get my water in this week and have seen a huge difference in how I feel. I've also been writing down everything I eat this week and can see where my slip ups are...I agree the writing it down really makes you accountable. In the end, it's all me, and my lack of patience and my tendency to be lazy, lol. I know I'm a lot healthier now, my last dr visit a couple of weeks ago my blood pressure was down to something like 102 over 66, instead of the 120 over 80 it used to be. I have a ton more energy and dont sleep nearly as much. I know I eat a TON better than I used to, rarely eat junk food and find myself excited about salad! I'd have never believed that in a million years! And I actually LIKE fish now, used to HATE HATE HATE it! Now we have salmon and tilapia at least two to three times a week. Most importantly, although both my children are healthy and slender, the changes we've made in our household have changed they're ways of eating too, which means MAYBE they won't have to deal with what I'm dealing with. And my hubby has lost 30 pounds in the last few months too, and he wasn't really overweight to begin with.

So, all in all, what started out as a 'me' thing has changed the lives of my entire family. We're all eating better, making better choices, getting exercise and not mindlessly putting crap in our mouths. Really, I can honestly say that even though I got the band to look and feel better about myself, it was the BEST decision I've made in terms of the health of my entire family.

I'm 5'7" and am currently 185 and wearing a comfortable size 12. I have this magic number in my head of 140lbs though which is what i weighed about 15 years ago. I thought that was my ideal weight but that is a nother 45lbs off and looking at myself now I'm thinking that my be to small, not really sure yet. It's still listed as my goal weight but I'm open to adjust it to 150.