Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since Banding I noticed...

This might seem really odd... and maybe unrelated to the band but the only way to know is to ask. I was banded on 10/20/08 and since banding I have been having absolutely bizzare dreams...almost everynight. I don't know if its because of the diet changes and cutting out sugar or what! But has anyone else experienced this? Its not seeing myself at a lower weight or anything its been weird...like moving to a farm was friday night, last night I dreamt about a cousin's wedding that see showed up and it was the wrong groom... truly weird stuff... Hopefully I'm not the only one! :thumbup:

I dream that I eat all kinds of stuff that I shouldn't, and then wake up relieved that I didn't!

Did they diagnose you with sleep apnea and recently get a CPap machine? I notice after a couple months of having my CPap I notice really vivid and strange dreams. The Resp therapists said due to me going into that deep sleep more that I would actually have more tiem in that dream state. After a year and half, I am sorta used to it now.

It could also be the anethesia. :thumbup:

I didn't have sleep apnea but I was thinking of the same possible explanation that bandfun4me gave. I do sleep much better, I slee deeper and sleep through the night and I dream more. I attribute that to all of the healthy improvements that I have made since banding: weight loss, improved diet, less caffeine, increased exercise and stopping smoking.

no cpap or sleep apnea... guess its a combo of all of the above... I just keep waking up going... what in the world????:thumbup:

No, you are not the only one. I'm having strange dreams myself. Maybe its coincidental.

I dream that I eat all kinds of stuff that I shouldn't, and then wake up relieved that I didn't!

that is TOO funny.!!.

i have much more vivid dreams - i'm guessing a more restful sleep due to exercise & weightloss???

The weirdest and most bizarre dreams, kind of like the ones I use to have if I ate a big meal right before bed. I am only three weeks out and the most vivid one was feeding zoo animals. I was trying to feed them another person or something real big. I could actually see the hippo that I was trying to feed. It has got to do with the weight loss or something, because I had no comorbidities and I have been under anistisa before and never had this happen. I am glad to hear I am not the only one.......

Ha! Talk about something to look forward to after banding! I have pretty vivid/realistic/weird dreams now and sleep like a log - I can't wait until after I'm banded and see if my dreams get weirder!

I bet it's from your weight loss helping you sleep better. A deeper sleep with more time in REM is supposed to be better for you - so rejoice in your crazy dreams and write them down - they sure make for good stories!

Congrats on your banding! :D

:tongue: OK Megs, its all your fault...now I am having crazy dreams!

Last ight I dreamed that my DH was going to murder some guy (no idea who he was or why) and I was too afraid to stop him. It was so real and my heart was thumping when I woke up. What a horrible dream!

Jodi that is too funny! Thats how my dreams go... I was just telling my husband...my one last night was about him and secretly being on parole (amusing for a man who doesn't even break laws speeding LOL) but they are just nutz!!!! :tongue:

Mostly dreams are about what is going on subconsciously. If you are like me, then the surgery has also triggered some psychological stuff. I have already seen my blaming shift from fat to my age *sigh*. Because of all this, you are likely to get some weird dreams til it all settles down. Keep a journal of them though, what they are about, because its an insight into what sort of issues are under the surface.

Emilie, I like the one about feeding a body to the animals. Sounds like you were getting rid of that fat person to me! lol

The only vivid dream I had so far was last night. I drempt my partner and I had a very steamy session in bed. I woke up feeling quite happy. Now that is my kind of dream :thumbup:

I think strange and vivid dreams go hand-in-hand with significant life changes . . . and what is banding other than a full lifestyle change, lol.