Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ (& Others) Nov/Dec 2008 Chat

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA, but my bf from TN came on Thursday with her 4 month old little girl. We haven't seen each other in 3 years, but we talk about 2 to 3 times a day.

It was such an awesome weekend. I just dropped her off at the airport today. Her baby is so cute! I am a little down because I just want a baby so so bad, we tried for 9 years, I have PCOS, so I never ovulate, BUT maybe with the weightloss it will happen since my cycles are regulating. HOWEVER, I do have muscular dystrophy and have a 50% chance of passing the gene to my children. I don't know, I go back and forth. My dh says he wants a baby from us and does not feel it would be bad. I am just scared that my disease will progress enough for me to be in a wheel chair with a toddler running around and he has to take care of us both. I don't know, at least I have another 8 months before he is home from Iraq to make that decision. In the meantime, we are on an active waiting list for a NJ adoption. So, I weighed myself this morning without any clothes on and I was 202, with clothes I was 204. So with clothes, I am down 23 pounds, without clothes down 25 pounds.

However, sorry I know, long....

I feel like I can eat anything without restriction and I just got my first fill of 4 cc's in a 14cc band a month ago. I called the dr and he is having me come in the 20th, for a fill under xray.

What do you guys think? Is that ok?

Michaele - Don't knock the Xray fill because I WISH I could have that myself. Your doc wants to make sure he doesn't overfill you that's why he wants it under xray and I'm sure he's making sure everything is where it's suppose to be. It's a good thing!

Good Morning Y'all!

It's raining and storming here this morning and it did it most of the night. We need the rain, but I hate the storm stuff.

Pat you look awsome! You are just beautiful! You looked so happy and your face just showed it. I loved the pictures too! Your dress is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful surprise from the dh. You can tell by the pictures that he just totally worships you!

Michaele - My doctor never fills under x-ray, but my friends doctor does all hers under x-ray. She said she can watch it while she drinks and all.

Well, the clock tells me I best get dressed and hit the road.

I would rather stay here and play today.

Michaele, my first two years of fills were without flouro, x-ray, he only missed my port once and that was my first fill! Although it's extremely expensive $850 to do under flouro, I think it's so worth it from a safety point of view. At $850 a fill, it's been over a year and a half since a fill, LOL. When I return from Acapulco, I'll probably schedule a fill just so I can check my band too.

Betty, it was a wonderful night, I don't know of anyone that didn't have a great time, even a special friend who had to leave early....Diane, :laugh:. I wish you all could have been there, by the way Donna where were you?

Well, gotta start packing, hugs all.

I called the dr and he is having me come in the 20th, for a fill under xray.

What do you guys think? Is that ok?

Michaele, my first two years of fills were without flouro, x-ray, he only missed my port once and that was my first fill! Although it's extremely expensive $850 to do under flouro, I think it's so worth it from a safety point of view. At $850 a fill, it's been over a year and a half since a fill, LOL. When I return from Acapulco, I'll probably schedule a fill just so I can check my band too.

Betty, it was a wonderful night, I don't know of anyone that didn't have a great time, even a special friend who had to leave early....Diane, :thumbup:.

Michaele:

My doctor will only do fluoro fills. So far the 2 I have had done have been covered by insurance. They absolutely refuse to do a fill without fluoro.

Pat: You look awesome! What a sweetie your DH must be!

Sherry: The WW is working for me. I am right back on track. The core plan is basically what I am supposed to do anyway. I have found these great high Protein products online. Protein chips (dorito type flavor, parmesan flavor), Cereal (snacking on it for the crunch), etc. The products have on average about 100 cal a serving, 1.5 grams of fat, and 9-10 grams of protein!!! If anyone is interested in further info, PM me. (I don't know if we are supposed to be endorsing products here...) Since I do a Protein shake for Breakfast, with these as a snack, plus regular food, my protein intake has been skyrocketing. I feel so much better. (My mood must be improved....I found $5500 in fraud on my credit card on Sunday and I'm staying sane about it! Fortunately, it has been removed, but normally I'd still be stressing).:w00t:

Jessica: You have been doing great. Happy Bandiversary!

Diane: I've missed you! Hang in there!

Everyone: Thinking of everyone else too. :laugh:

Hugs,

Trish

Okay...I'm starting to take this personally...

I don't post often, nor do I post anything particularly interesting, but my posts seem to be the "kiss of death" for activity on this board! What gives ?!

Where'd everybody go?

It's not you Trish...we do get a little quieter during the week. I know I have a hard time posting during the week. I'm too brain dead at night to post much :)

Good Morning Y'all!

TGIF! I don't think I could handle another day this week. It has been a hectic week, and I am hoping today will be just a little easier.

We have a cold front moving in and it is going to be really cold. I wish you norther gals would keep your darn cold weather up there! lol I moved here to get away from it.

Trish - I am always checking my cards, I just know I am going to get someone messing with them one day and I am not looking forward to that! It's terrible how they can get away with that.

Pat - Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Sherry - When are you going for your fill?

Michaele - Good morning missy! How's it going?

Kat - Are you still somewhere is Texas?

Eileen - Where's the pics sweetie?

Donna - I bet you had fun at Pat's party. I wish I lived near her, no I take that back, I wish she lived closer to me! lol

OK, I know I am missing some but I have to pay some bills before going to work, so I'll catch you all next time.

hi ladies!!! just stopping in to say hi and hope everyone has a great weekend!! I work my second job tonight but im off the rest of the weekend so i've got my dancing shoes on and its time to party!!! :-) thinking of getting a hair cut tomorrow and test driving a car but who knows what the weekend holds...

Hi Betty and everyone!!!

I am doing ok. Going in for a fill under xray this coming Thursday. A little nervous. But, its nothing, right? Just like a regular fill but under xray? Nothing extra is done, is it?

So tomorrow I am getting a new roof put on my house, ugh. Hate these things. Gotta spend the money that I don't have.

So I haven't lost anymore weight, bummed about that. But I haven't exercised in 2 weeks, so I know that is part of the reason.

Jetti, dance away for me girl! Hope you have fun!

Michaele not any different than a regular fill except you can see the band and the stomach. I guess it really is neat to watch. Good luck with the fill. You are doing great! Sometimes the scale takes a break but you lose inches. Make sure you measure so you can tell when that happens.

Hi folks....up and getting ready to put some Taco Soup in the crock pot. I have a 5 friends coming over for our "holiday" get together. We've decided to do this instead of exchanging gifts. So we've planned a nice meal and lots of fun together. I'm looking forward to it. We have a Tastefully Simple dish for appetizer, Taco Soup with the fixings for dinner, chocolate triffle for dessert and another friend has a margarita machine for drinks. yummm. No calories tonight lol.

Oh I got a new hair cut and not quite sure I'm liking it. I've had so many compliments at work about it and to me it freaking looks like I got up out of bed and went to work. Razor cut type thing. I'm just not used to this...someday if it looks "somewhat" decent I'll have to take a pic for ya.

Ohhhhh I got a call at midnight last night from a friend of mine I haven't seen him in over 3 years and haven't heard from him in over 1.5. Craziness and I couldn't find him! I certainly tried. I'll have to tell you about him when I have more time to type. He's the guy that walked me down the isle for my wedding :cool:

Ok gotta go to Breakfast with DH and then pick up the stuff for soup. Miss you gals!

Ola', from Mexico! Not sure that's how to spell hello, but anyway, good morning.

It's supposed to be another 90 degree day today, the weather has been perfect, day and night. Of course the trip here was a nightmare. We missed a connecting flight in Atlanta, so there were two more connections, we were supposed to arrive at 4:30, didn't get ere until 11:00, WITHOUT LUGGAGE of course! Our bags didn't get here until after NOON, the next day. Hubby was more upset about the golf clubs than his luggage. I was so, so, so glad to finally get my suitcase and be able to brush my teeth.

Sherry, I want to see pictures! I use to refuse to allow anyone to use a razor on my hair, but now that I found someone who knows what she's doing, I love it.

Michaele, I'm going to schedule a fill when I get home, I feel so fat! The clothes still fit, but ugh! The x-ray is te safest way to go, but much more expensive in my case, because it's entirely out of pocket :thumbup:.

Betty, hope your weekend is more relaxing.

Jetti, did you dance the night away?

Darcy, get outta pogo, come play with us.

Diane, having a few for you today :thumbup:. OMG, they sell Vodka at Walmart! All their juices are in little boxes and expiration dates a year away, how neat is that!

Trish, how is your mom?

Well gotta run gals, it's 10:30 here, missing the sun.

Hugs

post-204180-13813137884818_thumb.jpg