Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ (& Others) Nov/Dec 2008 Chat

Hi everybody! Just peekin' in for sec.

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day!!! Shopping, lunch, more shopping (all with great company, I might add!!....Thanks Pat!)

DH gave me a large georgeous bouquet of flowers, tickets to see Trans Siberian Orch., and a menu, indicating the place we'd be dininng at before the show this Saturday!

Jessica, thanks for the encouragement :thumbup:

Y'all have a great nite and a good day tomorrow!

Betty, I've had the pleasure to meet Steve and he is a keeper :smile2:.

Well girlies, what do y'all think of this new LBT lay out? Looks like all of Alex's hard work is starting to "pay" off now. I suppose the ads are not a bad trade off for the privledge of hanging out with my friends.

Michaele, did you have to mention the "C" word, and only 49 days now, YIKES. I think when you get my age, gift cards should be totally acceptable. I'm seriously thinking of getting one of those trees that come all decorated, flat in a box, then you pull it up from the middle and it's decorated. I had a big open house for Christmas last year with over 100 people, not happening this year, that was probably two parties in one....first and last, haha.

Darcy, Pogo Queen here, I never knew I was so dumb, omg, did you try to that trivia challenge?

Betty, as for the pool, I turn on the auto pool sweep, WITHOUT the bag, it keeps the leaves stirred, well in my case pine needles more so than leaves.

Sherry, thanks for the advice, I really think my band has deflated, I took a "horse" size pill this AM, no problems, went right down. I guess I'll try bread today.

Betty, what are you doing to keep losing your posts? I don't have that problem, maybe it's something to do with your computer. (Not saying I've never lost one)

Jetti, you ready for a fill yet? I just heard about that Pandora site yesterday, while I was getting my nails done.

Diane, I look forward to our "next" visit, I'm really thirsty, haven't had a cocktail since lunch with you.

Have a great day gal pals, Betty I'm sending the monkey back :thumbup:.

pat - no fill for me yet. for the past 3 weeks or so I got my act together and stopped snacking every damn day!!! I also stopped weighing myself everyday. yesterday was my 1 year anniversay so I got weighed and measured at the gym and i'm down to 190 - not at the goal that I set for myself but I am still happy and proud of myself. I have moments of "dummy you could have done so much better" but really I could have done a lot worse too. I go for my 1 year follow uo on the 19th and i'm hoping to lose a few more pounds and I hope the doctor will be happy with my results so far.

I agree that gift cards are acceptable gifts. I fight with my mom every year to just get me a gift card and be done with it. but she always says "I want you to have something under the tree to open" - i love my mom she is too cute but she is so silly sometimes!!!

Good mornin' everyone!

Thought I'd post early before my day gets too busy! (although I might just check back later tonight.)

Jessica your doctor is going to be ecstatic with your results! I still think you'd make a gorgeous before-&-after-lap-band- -results-poster-gal! Me? I'd be the lap-band-what-not-to-do-warning-poster! LOL

I tell ya gals, I had a real treat last night!! I went to a surprise party that Pat's DH threw for their 40th wedding anniversary.:blink: OMG! there were so many there that came from near & far to Celebrate with them. Before they arrived, my DH & me were delighted with a slideshow on a large projector screen, of Pat and family, some going back to her high school prom! It was very touching to see them "through the years" (and when I heard that song play, I almost got misty-eyed).

The appetizers and food were WONDERFUL! ...scallops wrapped in bacon, great creammy hot crabmeat, stuffed mushrooms, prime rib....very, very nice.

A highlight was when Pat's Hubby handed her the jewelry bag. I should have brought sunglasses!!!!:ohmy: That was a LOT-O-BLING! I know she loves her salads....but quadruple carots!!!!! W O W!

I wish we could have stayed, the party was just starting when I decided that I should get DH home. He had been feeling pretty whipped...bad cold or something. I knew he would have stayed (for me), but I knew how tired he was feeling. And after all, he'd need his rest...Today we have lunch reservations at a very nice restaurant, followed by that Trans Siberian Orchestra show!!!

Pat, tell your DH thank you for the invite to a fabulous party! He done reeeeeeeeeeel good! I feel a lot of traveling commin' on with all those "flier miles" he just got!:)

TTYL girlies

Trick or Treat !!!!

Oh... am I to late :blink:

Sorry Kids I've been MIA. We just got back from 8 days at Disney, our first and only vacation in 20 years. We had a blast. Now back to reality and that fill I so need.

How's everyone?

Eileen!!!! I've missed ya! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Pictures please :blink: Isn't Disney decorated so great for Halloween too? I just love the Mickey pumpkins they form with special molds and I love how all the street lights are decorated etc. So Neat! I hope to go back myself sometime :) Do tell how things went!

Hey Sherry Girl !!!

We just got back last night so I haven't had time to mess with the 800 pictures I took...yeah I know only 800.

It was awesome !! The halloween party there was great, the kids were so excited. Then after halloween they started decorating for Christmas, so that was cool to see. We stood on line no more than 5-10 minutes for the rides, it was great. My Dd got to fight Darth Vader on stage at MGM and was thrilled... not to mention all the characters she met. I ate like a pig but walked miles and miles each day.

All in all its nice to be home.

How are you guys?

I see LBT changed AGAIN !!!!! lolol

We're doing well but, I'm still in a miff with my band :blink: I'm scheduled for a fill the day before Thanksgiving of all things. I'm nervous about the reflux...but I'm gaining weight and scared. Since Jan I've now put back on 27 pounds - I could just cry....and have several times. Just the other day I broke down to pieces...it came out of no where but, apparently bottled up. My poor husband...but I'm thankful for him. He just held me and told me we'd work through this. I wish I had big bucks and I'd just go have a revision to the gastric sleeve because these fills and unfills just aren't working but, I'm trying to hang in there with this band. I still have no regrets, I'm thankful I have it...just wish this would settle...you know? Other than this "issue" I'm doing great and so is the family. I just gotta fix THIS.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. It really is amazing all Disney does and how beautiful and clean it always is. 800 pictures is great and will help you remember it all. Just the colors there are amazing and help with the pictures. The castle is beautiful with all the different colors too. Hope you capture it in your pictures too. Glad you enjoyed yourself and back home safe and sound. I wish you the best with your fill too :)

Hey Pat...Congrats on the 40th Anniversary. What a wonderful surprise from your hubby! Definately show us the bling!!!!

Hello Y'all!

It's a beautiful day here today. It was really beautiful yesterday too. We spent most of the day at Harley, but outside enjoying the weather. We did go out for dinner and that was nice too.

Pat - Happy belated anniversary! Wow sounds like you have a winner too! I want to see the bling too! I bet it is beautiful! How sweet that your DH did all that!

I don't know why I keep losing my posts, but it's probably because I am not use to using the laptop and I hit the wrong keys or something. My laptop is very touchy and I am always hitting the wrong keys or something. I can't even type as fast on one!

Diane - Hope your special show and lunch is great! Have a good time.

Sherry - I have heard so many cons against the sleeve, please really research it before you consider it. Maybe this fill will work better. can you have him just give you a little bit then go back for a little more when your system gets use to the first one? It's really strange how that does that to some people and not others. What is cooking today?

Eileen - Glad you had a great time! Yesk, we do need to see some pictures.l

Jetti - Your doctor has to be pleased with you, you haven't even had a fill! Amazing!

Michaele - You are doing great too! I need some of yours and Jetti's willpower. Actually I don't do real bad eating, I just haven't exercised and that is what I need to do.

Well, going to go get my laundry out of the dryer, I am ready to take a break and get a little rest before I have to start supper.

Catch you all later!

Good Morning Cuties,

Betty, I use a regular mouse with my laptop, I couldn't stand using the little pad. It makes life on a laptop so much easier :thumbup:.

OK, here are a few pictures....

post-204180-13813137847208_thumb.jpg

post-204180-13813137847641_thumb.jpg

post-204180-13813137847905_thumb.jpg

Edited by HarleyNana