Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my date for the banding, Yeah!

My surgery date is December 5, 2008. I'm excited to start my new journey. I'm also a bit nervous, which is to be expected. I know I have a long ways to go and am welcome to any support from those who are in the same boat as me.:smile2:

Hi Leopardlady, Congratulation on your date. I just had my surgery this past Wednesday, so I am two days post op. I have no regrets, and hopefully won't have any. My stomach is swollen from the gas they put in you and I have diarrea, which I just got a prescription from the doctor to help with it. Again congratulations, Maggies:shades_smile:

I just got my date too I will be banded 12/22 I'm excited and nervous too. May be we can keep intouch with each other since we are going to have surgery in the same month. Do you know what band you are getting I'm getting the realize band.

Edited by jaynell31

Hi Jaynell, sure we can go through this together. I'm wondering about my preop testing and the diet. I'm not sure exactly what tests I will have. I'm taking off 2 weeks from work just to make sure I heal properly, but who knows, maybe I will be back to work sooner if all goes well. Did they tell you how long the healing process is? I'm not sure, I think it's the same band, the realize band.

My current weight is 240. I was 249, so I lost 9 lbs. so far.

Edited by leopardlady44

My friend had the lapband done in may and she was fine in about a week week and a 1/2. I scheduled mine during christmas break because I get two weeks out of work.

I took about 2 weeks off and then I have scheduled vacation to use afterward so I'll be out almost all of the month of December and returning to work in January. I'm so excited to get more time off.

I just got my date too I will be banded 12/22 I'm excited and nervous too. May be we can keep intouch with each other since we are going to have surgery in the same month. Do you know what band you are getting I'm getting the realize band.

Hi Jaynell, I had my surgery on December 5th at 11:45 am and went home the same night at 9:00 pm. They gave me a prescription for Percocet for the pain. Because it was late, we didn't fill it. Around 2 am, I was in extreme pain and was calling from help from God to take away the pain. My mom was with me and woke up to hear me agonizing from the pain. I also had the chills. My husband was sound asleep. My mom went to wake him and he was so sweet to go out at 2 am to get me the prescription filled. After taking the meds, I was able to sleep a bit.

I was in a lot of pain for up to the 3rd day, then by the 4th day, I was feeling a bit better. Very gassy! I had adhesions too when they went in and a mesh from previous surgeries I had so the surgeon said it took a little bit longer to get through, but successful.

Today, I'm so great and happy that I had it done. I only had trouble with having broth because of the smell, it made me sick.

I did very well with the liquids and now am on the mushies :rolleyes2:. I was able to go grocery shopping yesterday with my husband to get my walk in and boy did I get my walk in :cursing:. I was huffing and puffing by the time I got home.

I can't wait for the fill til I can see about the restrictions. I have not been feeling hungry, though I get growling in the stomach and I guess that let's me know I should have something because it makes me nauseated and so I do.

I wish you all the luck, you are on your way!!

Laurie

Hi Leopardlady, Congratulation on your date. I just had my surgery this past Wednesday, so I am two days post op. I have no regrets, and hopefully won't have any. My stomach is swollen from the gas they put in you and I have diarrea, which I just got a prescription from the doctor to help with it. Again congratulations, Maggies:shades_smile:

Hi Maggies,

Hi, I had my surgery on December 5th at 11:45 am and went home the same night at 9:00 pm. They gave me a prescription for Percocet for the pain. Because it was late, we didn't fill it. Around 2 am, I was in extreme pain and was calling from help from God to take away the pain. My mom was with me and woke up to hear me agonizing from the pain. I also had the chills. My husband was sound asleep. My mom went to wake him and he was so sweet to go out at 2 am to get me the prescription filled. After taking the meds, I was able to sleep a bit.

I was in a lot of pain for up to the 3rd day, then by the 4th day, I was feeling a bit better. Very gassy! I had adhesions too when they went in and a mesh from previous surgeries I had so the surgeon said it took a little bit longer to get through, but successful.

Today, I'm so great and happy that I had it done. I only had trouble with having broth because of the smell, it made me sick.

I did very well with the liquids and now am on the mushies :rolleyes2:. I was able to go grocery shopping yesterday with my husband to get my walk in and boy did I get my walk in :cursing:. I was huffing and puffing by the time I got home.

I can't wait for the fill til I can see about the restrictions. I have not been feeling hungry, though I get growling in the stomach and I guess that let's me know I should have something because it makes me nauseated and so I do.

I used GasX for the gas and it worked. Walking does help too.

Keep me posted on your status.

Laurie

Congrats I'm so happy for you. I heard about the gas pains. I never had surgery before so this will be new for me but I can't wait to have it done 1 week left. Did the paing calm down after the gas left?

Congrats I'm so happy for you. I heard about the gas pains. I never had surgery before so this will be new for me but I can't wait to have it done 1 week left. Did the paing calm down after the gas left?

Hi Jaynell,

The gas hasn't left yet. It takes a while I was told to leave the body. I'm taking the gasX at times to clear it up. Constantly burping and the other, this part is awful.

Can't wait til it's gone.

I tried a bit of oatmeal this morning and was only able to eat about 4 to 5 bites, then I wasn't hungry. I haven't really been that hungry. I have to make myself eat by reminding myself it's lunch time or dinner time. I can only imagine what I will feel like after the first fill.

Edited by leopardlady44