Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquids or real food after a fill?

My doc says liquids then soft foods then real food, taking about a week in all after a fill. My SIL doc says real foods. What does your doc recommend. I always thought the liquids were to help you with the swelling after a fill and reduce the risk of PBing and getting food stuck?

Just had my first fill yesterday. My post-fill instructions were to have liquids (don't have to be just clear - Soups ok) for 2 days, soft foods/mushies for 1 day and on 4th day... back to solids. Becky

My doc wants liquids for 4 days and then back to normal. I only made two :-(

My doc is liquid for 24 hours, then advance as we can tolerate. :eek:

My doc says clear liquids day of fill, full liquid to soft food day 2, and then soft food to regular food on day 3. Moving up on all of them as tolerated.

same instructions, even for an unfill.

My doc has no real instructions other than to be cautious. For me, I have always been able to eat, I dont swell after fills generally. But its one of those things where you have to listen to your body, some people do need to let things settle with liquids.

I think you need to be careful for a week or two actually, since fills can kick in at odd times.

My doc says regular food at next meal, soft if you're having problems but I have to do liquids then soft. I had my first fill on a Tuesday and 15 minutes later wasn't feeling very well. Tried to eat several hours later and did but it didn't feel good. Next AM I knew I wasn't going to get anything down. First I didn't want anything and second, I was feeling nauseous. Did drink some shake but the rest of that day took it easy with food. By the next day was feeling MUCH better but stayed with soft foods til dinner and then was fine. I think I'm just sensitive and swell. So after my next fill on Tuesday, I'll drink shakes and then do soft foods til going back to normal by dinner Thursday.

Sorry it's long but wanted to give you my scenario so you're not shocked if you don't feel good (I was!). It's okay.

My doc says liquids for the rest of the day of the fill and then soft the following day then I'm good to go. I think it is interesting how different our instructions are! Hmmmm......