Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded yesterday....feel miserable

Well after 8 months I was finally banded, yesterday! I am excited for a new healthy life, but man do I feel like crud! :sad_smile:

I have gas pain in my chest and in between my shoulder blades. My stomach is soar, of course. The doc prescribed Tylenol with codeine; not strong enough in my opinion. How long did you post opers feel bad for?

I was banded Friday and feel sooo much better today. The gas pains were horrible in my back and shoulders... which has subsided now.... and it's 5 days out..... you can do it..... it will get better!!!

Congratulations! I'm probably about two months pre-band right now. Have friends that have had this done. They tell me that it is really important to get up and walk about after the surger to get rid of the CO2 gas pains in your shoulder(s) and chest. If you can manage, try to do as much walking as you can bear. It should help.

Also, if you are still feeling cruddy and the tylenol with Codeine is not doing the trick, don't be afraid to call your doctor for something stronger. That's what the meds are there for!

Best of luck! :sad_smile:

I too was banded yesterday and was glad to see the posts.. I dont feel great today.trying the walking thing.Looking forward to feeling great:)

I was banded on Thursday and today was my best day. The gas was horrible and I am still having issues that just seem abnormal but I feel so much better today compared to the 2nd and 3rd day.

I under estimated this surgery. I thought I would be 100% in 2 days but as I found out...it takes a week or two to get feeling like your old self.

Good luck to all of the new Bandsters!!!

Hold on because it gets better. I was banded on Thursday...felt like I was hit by a bus on my left shoulder Friday,Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and today I am almost back to normal. I slept through the night last night, had an excellent attitude today, and didn't complain about the liquid diet. I was back at work on Monday, yuck, Tuesday, yuck, today great.

I have a lot of energy and actually looked forward to the chicken broth tonight. :sad_smile:

So good luck and keep focused on your goals.

Those Gas X strips saved me. You gotta have them. They made my gas almost gone. I would highly recommend you get a box of them, they saved my life. I had hardly any pain. Also the sour stomach, I used chicken broth with a little bit of Water added on the first day or so, that was good too. I hope it helps. It does get better.

Me too was banded yesterday and feel awful. Slept quite a lot as they had to give me second anestezia - apperantly couldn't breathe when they tryed to wake me up.

Did not eat or drink almost anything ysterday maybe around 100 ml apple juice and 3-4 table spoons cream Soup.

Don't have gas as of yet but have dificultie breathing normal.

Looking forward to feel better in the next ew days....

weight.png

Edited by Irena

Gas Ex strips are my best friend right now. I was banded on yesterday 10.22. The gas was horrible right after my surgery. I felt like I couldn't breath. Walking really does help!!! I came home after surgery, slept a little while. Then began walking in my home like I was in a marathon..They could have kept the gas..

I also used a heating pad on my shoulder blade and it helped a lot. Do this when your not walking. The walking does help so much. My pain was more from my port side. Good luck. I'm 4 weeks out today, and getting my first fill today. You'll be here before you know it!

weight.png

I feel your pain...I was banded last week. It was about day 4 when I turned the corner and started feeling a lot better. Just try to keep walking when you can and use the breathing machine!

I also was banded yesterday (10/22) and the gas pains are the pits! Walking definitely does help, though as well as the heating pad across the shoulders. Gas-X strips didn't do anything for me, but it is what it is and I know that this too shall "pass". (Was that a pun?) My greatest discomfort, however, is from the hiatal hernia that was discovered and repaired during surgery. Sure didn't expect THAT one! The doctor took pictures of the hernia before and after repair and gave them to my husband! (Interesting... but not for faint of heart!) My main issue is that there is absolutely no restriction on my band. As a matter of fact, Dr. Marsden said that it was so loose, it could spin around my stomach. He anticipated it would be very difficult for me to get through this first week of Clear Liquids. Yep... I can hardly get through the first day! I am so hungry!

Edited by jeannebs1

Hello all i to was banded on 10/22 actually im not doing so bad thank GOD for that minor gas in the stomach and a little discomfort from incisions but other than that i'm fine and looking foward to losing some weight. finally banded yahoo.....