Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Addicted to drama....

As some of you know my marriage broke up about 7 months ago and I have been seeing someone for a few months now.

I am am having some major issues going on in my life right now, things I never dealt with when I was big.

Why was everything acceptable, why was everything ok... I was happy with my life except that I was fat.

Now its like nothing is okay, things have to be perfect, I cant be happy with the things that used to make me happy.

I dont feel I can discuss any of this with anyone because well I am kind of humiliated at the accusation that both my husband and new partner have made. They have both used pretty much the same words that I love drama, when things are going smoothly I need to create drama to feel stimulated or alive.

Now I have thought about this over the last week or 2 trying to work it out. I think I do...I dont know why!

It is turning my life upside down - I need excitement and am destroying all my relationships to get it.

Can anyone relate to this at all? Any words of advice?

Have you tried counseling?

Remember you've lost food as a coping mechanism and need to find some healthy replacements. That's not always easy for some people to do.

I agree that counseling sounds like a great plan. I do not remember what type of work you do, but have you considered a change, to something that would provide the excitement, and therefore allow you to actually look forward to a relaxing home life?

I have a cousin who is similar in nature, she was always doing wild things, and flitted from one disastrous relationship to another. Then she dated a firefighter, and became interested in his work, she became an EMT, and LOVED it! She settled her personal life down. Coming home after the chaotic high of work, was something she looked forward to. She got hurt at work, trashed a couple of vertebra in her back, and she wigged out a little bit again! But she recognized the problem, and now she is a 911 operator. Still lots of excitement in her life....enough to satisfy the need, and she is in the know of things, she loves it!

With therapy it might not be necessary, but it might be something to consider.....decide what kind of excitement you crave....and look into some sort of field it would fit.

Kat

Triple ditto counseling. I might also suggest psychotherapy as an option as well. Since food and/or your weight was an issue and probably took up most of your energy, you don't have anything else to concentrate on.

If it's any comfort, I've been through psychotherapy, counseling and group therapy.The doctors and social workers want you to get better and be a better person. I say this stuff, because some people a stigma with any mental therapy or help.It's nothing bad to worry about because everyone needs it at some point in their lives.

The sooner you get help, the sooner you can feel better. Now that you've taken care of your psychical health, get some help for your head. You'll totally see through this and be awesome!:biggrin:

*HUGS*

Thanks for the advice and do agree I should get some counselling. I love the idea of finding a job that would stimulate me more...I loved the job I had but it wasnt very stimulating.