Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'Buyer's Remorse' - 2 Days Post Op and nauseous.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Guest BikiniBeachy

I just woke up in the middle of the night like I was going to vomit. I'm sitting here with a trash can sipping Water and I'm a little freaked out. I put on a fresh anti-nausea patch and hoping that will kick in. I'm kinda tearing up now and I'm kinda scared. Is this period a common transition? Maybe it's the pain pills that are upsetting my stomach? Or maybe it's because they wore off that I woke up. The pain is definitely there in the shoulder and stomach, but it's manageble. It's just the feeling of wanting to puke that is scaring me. I am sipping diluted juice, I don't really feel like a Protein Drink, I feel like I may seriously puke, I keep coming so close. Any advice? I am a little scared I feel this way, so sick...

Oh sweetie, you poor thing thats terrible. Is there an emergency number you can call? The only advice I have is to take deep breathes and try to relax. I hope your feeling better soon.

KINI!!

xxoo

Feel better!

Glad we could talk in chatroom!!

xxoo

Terri :crying: (hope this makes you smile!)

Have you had anything besides Water and juice? My nurse said that sometimes the nausea your feeling is becasue you are hungery, maybe try a Protein Shake, yogurt, or something filling that is on your list of things you can eat, maybe that will make you feel better.I hope you feel better soon.

bikini.............the day after surgery for me was the worst.....came home from the hospital thought this is going to be easy recuperation......then day 1 hit and i needed pain meds every 4 to 6 hours like clockwork......keep taking them.....call the doctor if by day two you are still nauseous..........took air a few days to leave then you will really feel better.........hope you are feeling better by the time you get this post

Pain meds, yep that will do it. Since the pain is bearable, try switching to OC pain reliever. As for shoulder pain, massaging that area really helped me.

Trust me, it does get better, especially if you cut back on the pain meds, if you really need them, try not to take on an empty stomach.

Oh yeah, it is so worth the discomfort :crying:. I love my band.

I had problems with nausea in the beginning as well. I had my doctor call in some stronger anti nausea medicine called zofran. It was a life saver. Just be careful and do not allow yourself to get dehydrated. If you think that may be the case, go to the ER for some IV fluids. Also checkin with your surgeon to update him on your status.

Feel better soon.

.. Hi.. I hope this find you feeling better... but I wanted you to know you were not the only pumpkin :crying: who had buyers remorse :eek: ha ha.. I had a pretty rough couple of days in my recovery time and there was a few times I cried and said to myself was this the right decision and one time I actually asked my husband if it was the right decision and he said YES.. you could not have made a better decision baby... and He was right.. I am not 12 days post op and all that other stuff is left behind me. I still have a little pain port area, but everything else has subsided at about day 10... I love being full on a cup of food.. I love that ACTUAL feeling of hunger when it hits and knowing that a cup of food will fill me up.. I love waiting up on the mornings I weigh myself and seeing that scale drop in numbers (just have not updated my ticker till I weigh on my doctors day ha ha) I love feeling better then I did 5 weeks ago. I was having problems walking my back hurt so bad and now I can walk and walk and walk just because of the 14 lbs I lost.. AMAZING what 14 lbs will do to you..

Anyways.. My point is .. Even though the first week or two weeks maybe even three can be a bit rough we just have to take it easy and know that in the long run we did this for a very good reason and it is going to help us achieve something super amazing... Make sure you are taking it easy and try to get some Protein drink in.. You need that to help you not feel hungry and some of your nausea could be because you are so hungry... You will be amazed 3oz to 5 oz will fill you up and probably help the pains.. Make sure if it gets to bad that you call your doctor you need to keep him informed at what is going on.. I would also try to back down on pain meds.. Maybe try to stretch them as long as you can.. I only too mine if I HAD too.. I would try to save it mostly for night time.. Walmart sells a liquid tylenol that I found very helpful.. Maybe have someone pick that up for you if you dont already have it..

well i will stop babbling.. I hope this finds you feeling better.. best of luck and keep us posted :mellow:

I'm very sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I threw in the recovery room and then again, the next morning I almost did again. I agree with others that you should certainly call your local ER to get some advice.

My insurance has an 800# where you can press a button to speak with a live nurse 24/hrs for advice.

Maybe some sf Jello? sip some broth?

Take care and get better very soon.

Let us know, please.

Hi I am new. I am planning to get the lapband surgery soon. I have been reading much, talking with people and have scheduled my first appointment. I am very excited yet I know it will be tough. I hope you feel better soon. I was told that a person could return to work within a few days...is this true?:crying:

Bikini,

Its later in the day since you posted this. How are you doing now? Better, I hope! I am thinking about you and hope you will let us know how you are doing!

Mary

Hi Bikini. I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling so great. Those first few days can be rough. And I really do believe that many of us have bad reactions to the pain meds. I had HORRIBLE headaches after my surgery and thought it couldn't be the meds, because surely those would HELP with head pain. WRONG. As soon as I quit taking the pain meds, my headaches went away. The pain I was having from the surgery was nothing compared to the headaches. I was also told that Nauzene chewables (Wal Mart) really help. I bought some, but never needed to try them. If you lived closer, I would run them right over!! Keep trying to get tiny sips of liquids down - you don't want to become dehydrated. I will send you LOTS of get well thoughts. Let me know how you are doing!! Hang in there - it does get better! Becky

peaches - everyone is different. My doctor told me I would be fine to go back to work in a few days. I felt good enough to go back after a week. Guess it depends on how your surgery/recovery go and what kind of job you have. I always think about mothers of small children. Most are lucky if they get a day or two off... and we all know there is nothing easy about their jobs. Good luck to you!! Becky

Hi Bikini,

I puked all day long for the first 2 days! I never took the pain-killers but took the anti-nausea shots...nothing worked. I walked the hosptial halls dragging my IV and carrying one of those yellow puke trays! Suddenly on Day#3 everything stopped! Yippeee! So it does get better and will get better for you soon! Just please keep hydrated and keep walking. The walking cleared my gas in about 3 days. Good Luck!

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hi guys. It's been a few days and I thought I still felt under the weather when I re-read this I remember how crappy I felt, and how compared to that I feel fantastic! lol

Thanks for everyone being so sweet. My mom told me, it may just be like "childbirth" (which I have not done). She said, "Maybe you didn't hear that it was that bad because the outcome is so absoultely beautiful!" I loved what she said :rolleyes2: !

Thanks to you all, hope things are well tonight