Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since we are in the powder room.......

I have a makeup question,.........Has anyone ever used BARE MINERALS??

IS it all they claim it is?????

Am not as young as I used to be, something to cover up spots and what not, thats easy to use, or foolproof ?

ha - when i clicked on the thread, i knew it was a question about bare minerals. :tt1:

i bought the "set" about 3 yrs ago, there are good & bad about it. the bad, in my opinion is that the foundation is too dry - say around the eye area, it looks "caked" on and not smooth.

their brushes are great, love the bronzer and eyebrow filler. for me, i don't care for the all over foundation & i think that's they're "go to product".

I switched to mineral make up about two years ago.....my skin looks and feels so much better.

Initially, I used bare minerals, but switched to Everyday Minerals about a year ago....cheaper and I like the coverage better. Downside is they are only available online.....BUT you can order samples to help choose a color!!

Everyday Minerals

I don't wear make-upy make-up.. just concealer once in a blue moon.

But 2 girls I work with were raving about it, went out and got it together. One of them broke out from it.. the other one loves it and tries to get everyone else to buy it.

I've tried a few, true mineral make up is entirely natural and Revlon and Loreal and the like have ones that are kind of pretend mineral, lol, in that they also contain talc and other chemicals.

Truth is, I love the Revlon one! I find real mineral make up very dry and cakey round the eyes (great if you've got no lines probably). But the Revlon one is gorgeous, its so light and looks like no make up.

For someone like me who's not a fan of a made up look (unless its for a special occasion) that's perfect. Even complexion but you dont need to draw the rest of your face back on again, which is my complaint with regular foundation, if you wear it, then you HAVE to wear eye make up and lipstick, which I dont generally do on a daily basis.

I'm also an everyday mineral user. and started with bare minerals then raw mineral. but like the price of the everyday better. I don't have the problem with it caking up, It feels so much lighter and i'm a dye hard make-up user(although I like it to look natural)

I've never used Bare Minerals but used Monave for a few years. I liked it at first, but then it just got to be too cakey for me (probably my skin changes).

I've heard bare minerals is okay I just want some of their eyeshadows. LOL

I switched to mineral make up about two years ago.....my skin looks and feels so much better.

Initially, I used bare minerals, but switched to Everyday Minerals about a year ago....cheaper and I like the coverage better. Downside is they are only available online.....BUT you can order samples to help choose a color!!

Everyday Minerals

I ahve never worn mineral make up but have been curious about it and hated to spend $15 or more just to try it and possibly not like it. I went to the Everyday Mineral site and it looks great! They have a free sample kit that only costs $3.13 for standard USPS shipping. I can't wait to try it. Thanks Harley!!

I ahve never worn mineral make up but have been curious about it and hated to spend $15 or more just to try it and possibly not like it. I went to the Everyday Mineral site and it looks great! They have a free sample kit that only costs $3.13 for standard USPS shipping. I can't wait to try it. Thanks Harley!!

You're most welcome!

I am a make up ADDICT.....I love make up....

Hope you like it!

I love Bare Minerals. I use it all the time. When I use this make-up I don't have break outs, my skin can breathe and I get lots of compliments. It's easy to put on and it stays on until you wash it off. Our local Target sells the starter kit and we have several boutique shops in our area that sell the product, so I don't have to order it on line. :)

I haven't tried Bare Minerals but I have tried the Avon version of mineral makeup and the Revlon version of the make up and I have to say that it's at a tie.

Avon's makeup was easy to apply, covered up really well and lightened up my dark circles. The down side was that it has a weird smell, made my skin look orange in some light and it took a long time to absorb.

Revlon's makeup didn't smell, nice color (I'm super pale, so anything with color in it looks bad on me), absorbed and looked very, very natural. The down side is that you have to do the make up in thin layers, brush that comes with it is awful and the make up is hard to get out of container (you have to tap some make up unto a flat surface so you can get it out).

I personally like both, but I'm using the Revlon right now, since I'm all out of my Avon stuff!

Happy make up searching!

I love the mineral foundations and have tried them all. I don't like the price of Bare Minerals. The Mary Kay is good, but I love Revlon. It is good and gives me that natural look.

I want to add another recommendation for Everyday Minerals. I got the sample kit, and found a foundation that I loved. I'm also a big fan of the multi-task concealer and one of the light bronzers. I dampen the brush just a bit when I put on the concealer and get amazing coverage, especially over that one pimple that seems to always be present. (I'm 43! Why so I have acne? I never had acne as a teenager.)

I then went in and bought a kit of 12 different items for $50, and got several large-sized foundations of my shade, a large concealer, a large bronzer, as well as a brush and some eye shadows/liners. If I had just purchased a few large-sized products, it would have cost the same, and I got a lot of product for only $50.

I've found that using the right brushes makes a big difference in how the make-up goes on. I have the kabuki brush from EDM, and it puts the foundation on so that it looks nice. For the eyes and concealer, I use nice brushes that I bought at Target.