Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on full liquids until next Friday. I have never made a Protein shake...is it milk, ice and protein? My stomach is growling..not hungry just gas...but I cant burp at all. Is anyone burping? There is no way I can get 64 ounces of liquid in today...I feel sooooooooooo full.

I am here now.........I haven't done very well with the pain....I don't even know what kind of band I have. I am not happy with the service of the hospital at all....the things that were explained in the brochure did not even happen. I will explain later when I am feeling well. I can't burp...can anyone else. I am not hungry or thirsty and scared that I will get dehydrated. I am trying to figure out how this Protein Shake stuff works. will type more later. I am soo glad that you all are doing so well! Hopefully I will start feeling better soon. I honestly wouldnt' have had the surgery if I knew the pain that I was goingtobe in.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling to good. I was prepared for all of the pain so it didn't surprice me. It will get better every day. I have a lot of gas also so I just need to work it out of me. Plus I have diarrea, which is not fun. My surgeon told me to stay on liquids for ten days, the only exception is I can add Protein Shakes tomorrow. And then 10 days of full liquids. He said any kind of food now could damage your band. He has did several thousand of these. Hope we all feel better soon. Maggie:shades_smile:

Hey everyone!!!! This is the first day i have felt up to letting you all know that i'm doing ok, i'm very sore and have had a quite a bitt of pain. The really worse for me is that some how durning surgery i bite my tongue completely threw and it is so swollen and sore that i can hardly talk (good for dh)haha and it feels like i have a mouth full of cotton all the time can't wait for it to be better.

I'm still on Clear Liquids for two more weeks but have not been hungry i half to force my self to drink, very hard due to the tongue.

As far as Constipation my dr said to use Miralax or milk of magnesia not no Fiber laxatives! And for gas or bloating to use gas-x chewables i'm going shopping tomorrow and will put these in my medicine cabinet.

My return visit to dr is tues and i hope back to work on wed's.

Good luck to all i pray that everyone is doing good and we will all be healthier for doing this.i will check in again tomorrow

Hey everyone!!!! This is the first day i have felt up to letting you all know that i'm doing ok, i'm very sore and have had a quite a bitt of pain. The really worse for me is that some how durning surgery i bite my tongue completely threw and it is so swollen and sore that i can hardly talk (good for dh)haha and it feels like i have a mouth full of cotton all the time can't wait for it to be better.

I'm still on clear liquids for two more weeks but have not been hungry i half to force my self to drink, very hard due to the tongue.

As far as Constipation my dr said to use miralax or milk of magnesia not no fiber laxatives! And for gas or bloating to use gas-x chewables i'm going shopping tomorrow and will put these in my medicine cabinet.

My return visit to dr is tues and i hope back to work on wed's.

Good luck to all i pray that everyone is doing good and we will all be healthier for doing this.i will check in again tomorrow

Welcome back debbytx, Good to hear everything went good. All but your tongue. Wow, that had to be hard to do. I know I have been walking a lot and drinking. It seems to help with the gas. Have a good weekend. Maggies:shades_smile:

Hi everyone! Glad to see we are all doing well. I had my surgery at 8:00 am and was discharged home at 10:30 am. I am in more discomfort than I anticipated but I know every day it will get better. I am also still very swollen, my tummy is very bloated. I am walking but I guess it will just take time. I am on thick fluids for the next 3 weeks but I have only been sipping clear fluids so far like Water, broth, and crystal light. I am also constipated so I think I need to get some milk of magnesia. Even with the discomfort I am so glad I decided to have this surgery :smile2:

I'm doing well, just sore at the port area. Plus my back is sore from supporting myself with my back muscles rather than strain my abdominal muscles. No real nausea, but I have meds for it if I need them. The percocet I've been taking has been making me dizzy... that's probably the worst part from today, the dizziness. It's been hard to try to get in my Protein. I have been walking a lot. I walked for 30 min straight this morning around 7 am, then again around 7pm I walked for 20 min. That's cool. No BM yet, but I guess it's b/c I've been very regular with my percocet. I'm trying to cut down on them so I won't need them soon... I only took 2 today, so that was good.

Goodnight, all. TTYS. :smile2:

I am feeling a little better today and just had a Protein Drink. Just think tomorrow we will feel even better. Bridgette, Is your port pain on the left, because that is where I have the most pain, so I'm guessing that is where my port is. I didn't talk to the doctor after the surgery so don't really no.

Maggies:shades_smile:

Well, the gas pain has subsided somewhat today. Thursday and Friday I was cursing this band and asking myself what I got myself into. Last night I thought I was going to die the gas pain was so bad. It seems to have lessened over night. The dietitian had me fill out the ten reasons I wanted this surgery, in a self-addressed envelope. I guess they will mail it to me at some point. Now I know why. Being this uncomfortable all the time makes it easy to see how I may lose sight of why I did this to begin with.

Within a couple weeks we will all be back to normal and happy we did this. I have no regrets, even when I was feeling my worst. I'm hopeing I'm tight enough that I won't need a fill for quite a while. And I'm so anxious to weigh myself next Wednesday. It is hard staying of the scale but I'm sure I have gained with all the IVs and gas in me so I am waiting.

Have a good weekend everybody. Maggies:shades_smile:

well, I weighed myself this morning.. just out of curiosity.. and I'd lost 8 lbs since going in for surgery on Weds am.... I'm shocked!! I still feel really bloated in my abdomen, but the gas hasn't been as bad for me as I'd feared. I've been doing a lot of walking and moving my arms and shoulders a lot to keep it from settling in one spot. The gas is the worst when I wake up after being asleep for awhile or sitting for more than an hour or 2.

We're on our way!! Yippee!!!

Hi everyone. I just got banded on the 29th of october. Iam kinda sore and have alot of gas. I really havent been able to eat since but i was told it was because of the swelling. I hope i made the right choice. people always told me i was a big guy and some said i was fat. but when it got close for me to have the surgery people said to me why? You arent fat you are just a big guy. My girlfriend really isint happy either she says she liked me how i was,i dont get it i just want to love myself and feel better about myself. I:unsure: think that would improve your relashionships if you feel better about yourself right? well this is all new to me and i hope everything goes ok for me, can anyone help me understand?

Hey babyface - Congrats on your surgery. The only reason you should ever do this surgery is for yourself. Maybe if you tell your girlfriend you are doing this to be healthier and to make sure you are around longer she might understand better.

I am doing super well. Still a little gassy from surgery but not having any problems going to the bathroom or sleeping. Only took a pain pill last night cause we were out and I went to scoot my chair in towards the table like normal and that did NOT feel good. Felt pain in my port incision area. But all better today. I am on mushies and yesterday after eating some cottage cheese I kinda felt like I was still hungry so I started having some yogurt but within 2-3 bites felt ukky and full so I stopped. Yea for me cause the pre-surgery me would have never stopped and "wasted" the rest of that yogurt. LOL It's working already. Plus I got on the scale and I believe I have lost about 17 lbs according to my home scales (since starting pre-op diet on the 14th). The swelling in my stomach area is going down and the bruising to my port site and IV site is starting to fade so all is good. I go back to see my surgeon in a month so that is kind of exciting.

I hope everyone gets to feeling better every day! Remember to follow the rules and take things easy to give yourselves time to heal. If you are taking the prescription pain pills on a regular basis you probably should be taking miralax or dulcalax as a stool softner/laxative. You do not want to be in more pain that way or put that additional strain on your stomach muscles yet. I am so glad we are all through that and starting on our new phase in life. Continued good luck and good healing to all.

Bridgette, Congratulations on the 8lbs. I am not going to weigh myself until next Wednesday because I am a compulsive weigher. If I get on it today I will be doing it everyday. Congrats again.

Babyface33, Welcome to the Oct. 29ners. Another week and you will feel like a new person. We need to improve ourselves first and foremost for us. And believe me she will love the new you. You will have so much more energy and be a happier person. That can't help but rub off on the people you are around. Maggies:shades_smile:

Hi everyone. I just got banded on the 29th of october. Iam kinda sore and have alot of gas. I really havent been able to eat since but i was told it was because of the swelling. I hope i made the right choice. people always told me i was a big guy and some said i was fat. but when it got close for me to have the surgery people said to me why? You arent fat you are just a big guy. My girlfriend really isint happy either she says she liked me how i was,i dont get it i just want to love myself and feel better about myself. I:unsure: think that would improve your relashionships if you feel better about yourself right? well this is all new to me and i hope everything goes ok for me, can anyone help me understand?

I had several friends that told me I wasn't fat enough to have surgery. But I was 5' 3" and 265, and I wasn't a pro wrestler. Obviously your surgeon was convinced the band was a benefit for you or he would not have performed the surgery.

I don't know how old you are (I suspect you are 33), but I know that years of extra weight will take it's toll on your body. Your knees, your hips, your back will thank you. You may have avoided diabetes. You may have avoided or at least decreased heart and blood pressure problems. Consider how this can improve the quality of the rest of your life!

Perhaps your girlfriend is just trying to let you know that her feelings for you don't have anything to do with your size. That's a good thing. Take it for that and try to reassure her that you are the same person, but hoping to be healthier.

Edited by Altoonasoup