Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I should be close to done when you are going in. Wow, it is getting so close. Yay for all of us.

Wvgal where are you? Maggie:shades_smile:

I don't know what time my surgery is yet. I will find out when I go in for my pre-op on the 28th. Where are you having yours done?

Hi all. I have to be at the hospital at 8 am and surgery is scheduled for 10 am central time. I am the second surgery of the morning for my surgeon so you never know. It might be earlier. I will be thinking of you all and say several prayers extra the morning of surgery for us all.

Good Luck!

I'm having mine in Sacramento, Ca at 11am. Its is getting so close I'm getting butterflies. Monday and Tuesday I can only drink Clear Liquids so I'm not looking forward to that. Maggie:shades_smile:

Well, I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 7 a.m. to be operated on at 9 a.m. (eastern time)

I am pretty nervous tonight. My (very supportive) dh asked if I was second-guessing my decision. If I thought there was another way I would do it. Come to think of it if there was another way I would have done it 20 years ago!

He asked me what I would do if I didn't have the lapband. I said I'd sit down and eat and get fatter and fatter until I die. Not a good option, huh?

I have researched this. I have worked on it for two years. I joined this forum two years ago. I jumped through hoops with my insurance company, and now that it's here I am wondering if I know what I'm doing.

I hope I can get these jitters under control. I don't want to start like this. I want to start with hope and looking forward, but that's just not how I feel right now.:thumbup:

Just remember you are doing this to help you get your health back and live longer. Plus they will give you something for your nerves Wed morning. The clear liquids for 2 days would suck. It's gonna suck for just 1 day. Plus my DH is getting on my nerves right now. Don't know if it is just him or combination of him and upcoming surgery? LOL

Just a few more days til our "new beginning". :thumbup:

Okay, I am officially nervous. Before it felt kind of dreamlike, but surgery is less than two days away! I Have to be at the hospital at 10am, surgery at Noon, which kind of bites because they may not realease me until the next morning since I am later in the day. I shouldn't have any complications - my BMI is at the lower end (39), my BP is always low, cholesterol is low. I had a laporoscopy a few years ago for endometriosis where they had to put air in my abdomen, but I don't recall being in much pain at all - it's like I deflated. Hopefully I will deflate fast wednesday. My only fear is what if I turned out pregant? God help me this is not the time!! They said they have to give a pregnancy test the morning of surgery.

Lots of us for Oct. 29. The closer it gets the more nervous I am also. But I have waited a long time for this, so no way am I going to change my mind at the last minute. I am leaving tomorrow morning to go to my sons house in Sacramento because I have two preop appts. 2 1/2 hour drive each way. I'm not sure yet if I'm coming home after surgery or staying down there an extra day. My choice would to be come home. Lets all post as soon as we can to check up and see how everyone did.

Maggie:shades_smile:

I'm here, I'm here Maggies! I have been eating all weekend - LOL that is where I have been! My doc only requires a 2 day clear liquid diet (which I started at 8 am this morning) so I said my Goodbyes to my unhealthy lifestyle this weekend.

I am to be at the hospital at 8 a.m. and I am the second surgery of the day. CMTurner looks like we are right there timewise to "hold hands!" I will be staying 23 hours I guess....so if you don't hear from me till the next day...don't freak out...I will be back! I think I am ready...I just need to pack and take off my fingernail polish and rings. I think emotionally I am ready...physically ready may take up until last minute. I am excited to start this journey and it is especially nice to have a group such as this to share with!

Does anyone know how to start a Yahoo email group? That would work so much better as the months go on!

WVgal I am on a two day clear liquid diet also, and not liking it. I have lost 8lbs. in the last few weeks because I was told I have a fatty liver and hopefully it is a little better now. I go in at 8:30am and surgery is at 11am west coast time. It is so hard to say goodby to food, but we will survive. I don't know how to start a yahoo group, maybe someone else out there????? Maggies:shades_smile:

Hey...quick ?....is orange juice ok for clear-liquid diet? LOL...I certainly hope so. Good for you Maggies getting ahead and losing 8 pounds...I hope that will do the trick to shrink the liver. I wonder if my liver is ok...I haven't lost anything........and have gained a little...but probably not since my ultrasound. I am going to try and round up stuff to pack for the hospital stay....getting chills just thinking about it. I feel like I am in line for a rollercoaster....excited and scared.

wvgal I was told clear were literraly see through and oj is not ok However I am not positive as all are different.

I am getting very scared as it is getting sooo close it seems like time is flying by

I'm just drinking Water and propel Vitamin water. Try to stay busy and you won't think about eating. Its hard when every where you look its calling to you. I'm leaving here tomorrow morning at 7am so I won't be back on until after my surgery. Wow, its hard to believe it is here.

Maggie:shades_smile:

Wvagal, How are you feeling on the clear liquid diet. I am starved. But since I know I have no choice I'm doing it. I'm anxious to see how after surgery before I can start mushies.

If I don't get back on this evening, Good luck to everyone....Maggie:shades_smile: