Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My incision ended up being about 2 inches below the underwire bra line. Maybe it depends how long your torso is? I am fairly "tall" at 5-7.

My surgeon's office couldn't tell me what my cost would be either. They said the surgery ran between $14,000-$17,000 but that the 10% I paid wouldn't be actually 10% because it would be after their insurance discounts and then could only reach my out-of-pocket amount. I did have to pay a surgeon's upfront fee of $217.

Hope this helps!

~~anne

That sounds more like it, 10%. It should'nt be to much and I'm sure you will be billed for it. And if need be they would probably set up a payment plan for you. I am not wearing a bra home, just a baggy shirt. I have a 2 1/2 hour each way trip to Sacramento for the surgery. I am leaving here early Tuesday morning and staying at my sons house down there. I don't know yet if we will be driving home after the surgery or spending another nite there. Depends on how I feel. I have a preop appt. Tuesday so that is why I am going a day early. I look forward to us all comparing notes afterwards. It is going to be great to compare how we feel and help each other thru each step. Here's to all Oct. 29ners.;) :thumbup:Maggie:shades_smile:

I cannot wait until we are all banded and compare notes either!!! We ought to set up a yahoo group or something so that we can email as a group! I don't know how to set one up...but I belong to a few LOL!

wvgal I am going to get a sports bra or some soft cup maybe hooks in the front? I havent got it yet though I was told from others that is something needed for a while after surgery

I am taking/wearing a sports bra. But one that hooks not one I have to try and get on over my head.

Can you believe it? Just 5 more days and we should all be back home from surgery (or possibly still at hospital being watched over) but we will probably all be about passed out from taking a dose of pain meds and trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. LOL Who would of thought that sounded like something to look forward to huh??? My DH says if I am not feeling better by Wednesday morning, he won't take me to the hospital. Well I plan on feeling so much better but, he doesn't know.....I think I would take some Dayquil or something to ease the stuffed & runny at the same time nose and hope to not sneeze or cough until recovery and just have to drive myself there. But I won't have to because I plan on feeling like I was never even sick by then. Getting ready to take Nyquil and head to bed so I can get some extra rest now.

I'm scheduled for the 29th, too. I am on day 3 of the pre-op diet, and I have no energy at all. And I'm just getting over a cold too, CMT!

I guess it's a good thing they require this pre-op diet because up until now my mind has been playing tricks on me. It says "Eat everything in sight, you'll never eat again. "

Worse than that my mind says "I am probably going to be the one person in the world that this band won't work for. I'll go through all this and just lose a few pounds. And I'll still be fat and miserable."

I hope this negativity is just from being low on energy. I really want to go in with a positive attitude.

Altoonasoup, Welcome to the Oct. 29ners. It is the first day of the rest of our lifes. I don't believe I just said that, but it is true. My surgeon only requires two days of Clear Liquids before surgery. At first I thought it was just one and was happy about that. I have been real strict since I found out my date and have lost 7lbs. Next Thursday I hope we will all be on here comparing notes. Maggie:shades_smile:

Ahhhhhhhh. I can breathe through my nose today! Yippee! LOL Thank God. I was beginning to wonder if I was gonna turn the corner. I still think someone needs to figure out how the human body can fit so much "stuff" in the human head that even when you have coughed and blown your nose a hundred-thousand times there is still more stuff in there.....?

Counting today, THREE more days of pre-op diet then ONE day of full liquids with nothing past midnight! Then SURGERY!!!!

Yea Us!

Ahhhhhhhh. I can breathe through my nose today! Yippee! LOL Thank God. I was beginning to wonder if I was gonna turn the corner. I still think someone needs to figure out how the human body can fit so much "stuff" in the human head that even when you have coughed and blown your nose a hundred-thousand times there is still more stuff in there.....?

Counting today, THREE more days of pre-op diet then ONE day of full liquids with nothing past midnight! Then SURGERY!!!!

Yea Us!

Cindy, Glad to here you are feeling better. I was going to play cards last nite with my daughter and her husband, but she had a little bit of a sore throat, so I stayed away. I don't want to get sick and not have my surgery on the 29th. Hope you feel better everyday. Maggie:shades_smile:

altoonasoup I am with you on the what if this doesnt work talk about a diet failure. I think we just have to remember to make it work for us.

Hi Everyone, I am scheduled for 10/29/08 as well in Las Vegas!! Yeah :eek:

Welcome, what time is your surgery on the 29th. Mine is at 11am.

Maggie:shades_smile:

Hey everyone i agree with it being the first day of a new life. My surgery is scheduled for 07:30 am have to be at hospital at 5:30 am on 10-29. This is day eleven on liqiuds for me my dr requires fourteen days. The first few i thought i was starving to death but as time goes by it has gotten easier.

Im looking forward to a healther life but i'm scared too. Good luck to everyone and please keep us posted.

Welcome Debbietx, You should be out of surgery before I even go in. Good luck to you.

What is everybodys time for banding. Mine is 11am, West Coast time

Maggie