Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bridgette, congratulations on the 17lbs. That is great. I decided I am weighing tomorrow. I'm sure I won't lose anywhere close to that. I'm feeling really good now also which is a big change from yesterday. I got on my treadmill today for the first time since surgery. I usually walk my dogs 2 miles a day but it has been raining for days. Congratulations again. Maggies:shades_smile:

Well, I was done on 29 Oct, but I've only just found this thread :tongue: While all of you were posting, I was in hospital recovering - our 29/10 is about 24 hours ahead of yours.

It was a bad trip for me. I had to stay in hospital over night. Didn't get any sleep though. If it wasn't obs being done every hour, it was my "Jewish Grandmother" waking me. That's the name I gave to my drip machine. I had a drip in and every time I bent my arm, it would set off an alarm. Of course, the only time it would actually do this was anytime I was just getting into a deep sleep.< /p>

I had gas pain all over the place, both shoulder blades, my spine, top of my ribs, along the shoulder and up my neck to behind my ear. About day 3 I started to get pains in my liver and kidneys, which I put down to gas as well. Its day 7 now and just about all the pain has gone. I was burping and farting like a trooper there for a while.

For the first 24 hours after surgery, I was on clear fluids only. Well, I was a bit confused on this, so I had Water, apple juice and gatorade until I could call my dietitian on Friday morning. I was then told I could go onto thicker liquids. I'm having the Optifast for most of my nutrition at the moment, along with my 8 glasses of Water, a dissolvable Vitamin supplement, cup-a-soup, and chocolate custard that I add milk to to make it really runny. On Friday, I see the dietitian again and she will advise me to the next step, which I think will be full liquids next week to prepare for mushie stage.

I've not had problems with BMs. I had diarrea the first few days, which stopped yesterday, so now I've added powdered fibre which can be mixed into my coffee and has no taste. It seems to have helped.

The pain the first few days was like someone shoving a knife in me - I swear someone had a voodoo doll! and I was seriously regretting what I'd done. When I got home from hospital on Thursday I even had a little mourn for what I had done to my body. Now, at day 7 everything is on track. I'm using a moisturiser I made myself with all sorts of good oils (mango butter, cocoa butter, jojoba, etc) to rub into my scars so they can heal well. It seems to be working fine.

Now I'm just waiting for the end of next week before returning to work.

Good Morning Everybody, I lost 8 1/4lbs this week. I'm happy with that, but of course would have liked double digits.

Welcome Sunwyse, Sounds like you are finally over the pain of surgery. The gas was no fun, plus I had the diarrea also. I still hurt where the port is but that is about it. How much have you losed so far? Maggie:shades_smile:

Welcome Sunwyse and Congrats on the weight loss girls! I too am feeling pretty good. DH had to go have a place incised that was "abnormal" and he is napping but when he gets up we are going to go run errands. I only have discomfort at my port site and that is mostly with turning or twisting or stretching the wrong/right way. I have sort of reverted back to my liver shrink diet with some mashed potatoes and cottage cheese added. So two Protein Shakes a day and usually some tuna salad or mashed potatoes and or cottage cheese in the late afternoon and applesauce as a snack (instead of the fruit I was eating pre-op). I can tell when I have taken a few extra bites. I get that weird pain sorta like heart burn and sometimes even a bit of a headache. I am gonna start with the regular exercise instead of just walking around here and there.

Continued good healing and feeling better to all.

Hey all !! I have lost 13.5 lbs and am doing good .my dr still has me on pre-op diet i will be glad to add some tuna or mashed potatoes maybe next week .but it sounds like you all are doing well keep up the good work.

Oh welcome sun glad to have you join us on our journey to a healther life keep us posted.

Debbietx, Congratulations on your great loss. Is that all post op? Isn't it great to be losing and not gaining!!!! Maggies

congratulations everyone on your weight loss

I have only lost 5lbs this week and 10 before on preop seems less than most and I dont get to eat anything yet hummm lol but I am happy and just hope I never have to loose those ones again

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!! Congrats on all of your losses!

I have a question, I keep reading folks are writing about mashed potatoes for mushies... but I didn't think we could eat those? There's no Protein in them?? I know I'd love them, but my hubby is the protein police, LOL...Maybe I could sneak in some mac-n-cheese, at least the cheese has protein. LOL

Babe, Congratulations on your 5lb weight loss. Much better than a gain. And just think those are 5lbs you will never see again. Maggies:shades_smile:

maggies thanks and unlike you or just like you but I gave in and weighed myself daily it took a few days to loose what I gained during surgery and who knows I may be a slow looser which may help the skin stay caught up and avoid a Tummy Tuck :biggrin:

Ok so is anyone else waking up at night The last 2 nights I wake up in pain gas I suppose I spent about 30 minutes walking in my house at 3 am (that should count as low intensity excercise right ) and just wishing I could sleep. And yes I have gasx strips they only seem mildly helpful although I keep trying them. anyone know when the gas will stop???????

Mushies are for the healing process. They don't want you eating anything your stomach muscles have to work too hard to digest yet. So you are allowed mashed potatoes and even when healed you don't have to have just Protein they just want you to eat your protein first as you will only be able to eat so much at a time. You should still be able to eat them once healed just in small amounts and of course after your protein. LOL BTW I don't think I like this new "look" to the site. I knew where to find things before and now there are extra steps involved and it is just annoying.

But I don't get a say obviously. LOL

So how is everyone doing? I sneezed really hard two times last night and thought someone shot me in my port area. I ended up taking some antihistamine and eventually a pain pill so I would be knocked out and not cough or sneeze. Feeling much better today but think I am gonna call my PCP and see if I need to go see her or if she can prescribe or tell me something over the counter to take. I use the think the people on here who said they get the hiccups when they are full were just pulling my leg but now I know they are not. I know it sounds weird but if I take that extra bite after feeling full I also am getting a bit of a headache (unless it is just a sinus thing with the sneezing etc.) Which I guess in a way is good as it is a very noticable "sign" to stop eating. I am gonna have DH take some more pics in panties and bra or old swimsuit to keep in my personal stash to show myself just how bad things are now and to show myself how much improvement is made along the way. Maybe one day when I am healthier, I might show them to the public. NOT. LOL. Well I hope you are doing well and feeling good.

Wvgirl, How are you doing by now. You haven't been on so just wondering how bandlife is going for you. Maggies:shades_smile:

I haven't taken pics yet, but last night when I was just in panties getting ready for bed, DH came in the room and said "ya know... you're really starting to look smaller!"... I said "flattery ain't gettin' ya no nookie, yet buster!" LOL BUT he said he wasn't even thinking that, but was serious... that I was looking smaller. Woohoo!! :)